New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

Magazine from Japan. Only really interested in the Z render. Wheels looks good but as long as its not simply gloss black. Wouldn't be a Nismo without a bodykit. Red Katana sword maybe seen as tacky though. There should be an option for body coloured roof on the standard car. The red at the back needs to be left out. Not really needed 

Screenshot_20210612_131216.jpg.2b56e6a4c13e42fa4423a6ee8b31f2d0.jpg

Screenshot_20210612_131117.jpg

Screenshot_20210612_131140.jpg

Screenshot_20210612_131055.jpg

Screenshot_20210612_132213.jpg

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

Why are they still bothering with artist renders? They’re still just made up by a bloke sitting alone in a studio somewhere who has no idea what any potential Nismo might look like, it’s utterly pointless guesswork. We need to see the finished base car first ffs!

3 hours ago, Ekona said:

Why are they still bothering with artist renders? They’re still just made up by a bloke sitting alone in a studio somewhere who has no idea what any potential Nismo might look like, it’s utterly pointless guesswork. We need to see the finished base car first ffs!

I can tell you are eagerly awaiting the Nismo Shooting Break Hatchback Spyder :lol:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DoogyRev said:

I can tell you are eagerly awaiting the Nismo Shooting Break Hatchback Spyder :lol:

Remember only certain manufacturers can get away with "spyders", "four door coupes" and shooting brakes.

These were renders in the past based on what Nissan USA insiders were shown. Not far off. 

I guess sales will dictate if a Nismo exists. Tamura already said it depends on what the market demands. I predict the sales will be good if priced well. The 370Z was still selling in USA till end of production. 

Also looking at search analytics on a video age groups 25-34 and 45 -55....4 markets that will 100% buy the Z as is..Screenshot_20210612_195940.jpg.f5f29d6a5763699b8aba66db7b2859ad.jpg

Nissan-400Z-rendering-Guillaume-Lerouge-2.jpg

747765.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is noticeable how the trademark 370z beefy wheel arches on front and rear have been ditched for a more squared fender profile. This will undoubtedly make the car easier to maneuver esp in tight situations compared to the 370z which had blind corners front and rear. I think the side crease that runs along the new car should make up for that however. Not really sure its better looking then the 370z Nismo Mk2 but its more attractive then the 370z GT imo

Z.jpg

To be honest it only pips the 2009 GT. No where near the Nismo. I think with a simple bodykit it could change things. A different front bumper with an angular grill. A modification that allows wider rear lights too.

In trying to emulate the old Z they went with straighter lines as opposed to curved for a more retro look.

Attached is whats possible if say aftermarket wanted to keep it simple. It makes sense for Nissan to start making models available like Toyota have with the 86. So aftermarket development of parts can start.

nissan-400z-nismo-fan-rendering.jpg

• Like 1

Nissan Australia President states it may not be as fast as the Supra or have launch control. Its not about that apparently. Which makes me think they wont do anything to the 5 year old VR30 like increasing Torque or power etc. Probably saving that for the Nismo which will probably be conservative. The unveil is August 17th at 1AM on Nissan Youtube. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/nissan-z-to-deliver-what-toyota-supra-cant-130824

• 2 weeks later...

Fairlady Z trademarked in the US. While Ford have trademarked "Skyline".

Looking closer looks like its been applied to merchandise and parts. Time will tell

For Ford might be a case of Nissan not using skyline currently in Europe or US so why not

Screenshot_20210720_083002.jpg

Edited by GranTurismoEra

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/07/2021 at 08:33, GranTurismoEra said:

Ford have trademarked "Skyline" ... might be a case of Nissan not using skyline currently in Europe or US so why not

For those too young to remember, may I present the 1957 FORD Skyliner:

Skyliner-.jpg.aa863bb0f6b27354c32910763453aff7.jpg

• Like 2

On 08/08/2021 at 11:08, ShortPaul said:

Probably the best colour that i have seen it in, is the pic real? 

There is a white production car with camo as part of the 3 test cars. Others are Silver and Grey. The pic lacks some detail but I think its real. The seats have a white stitching