New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

If I was fortunate enough to be in the market for a new sports car at this price point, no question I'd buy one of these. Personally I love the marquee to which the last 6 cars on the drive have been Nissans. 

Lovely meeting you pal for the first time. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

If I was fortunate enough to be in the market for a new sports car at this price point, no question I'd buy one of these. Personally I love the marquee to which the last 6 cars on the drive have been Nissans. 

Lovely meeting you pal for the first time. 

Bit odd keeping your cars under a big tent, but each to their own. ;) 

• Haha 4

most likely be another 370Z and GT in the interim. Ill try get to the midlands meet once i get another Z for sure. 

As much as I like the Nismo theyre not cheap... obviously if my numbers come through the new Z but like others its going to be a nice waiting game to see what the prices will be in Japan

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

the 9G Auto version will be nuts. Hope the Torque figures are close to the M2 that would be good. 

It’s a 20 year old chassis with a generic V6 with a couple of turbos strapped to it, a GPF and a regular slush box. No doubt quick in a straight line when it’s wound up, but I can’t see it being the peak of excitement in that guise. Manual may at least be more involving, but looks aside it’s not offering anything remotely different or interesting to tempt people from the existing competition. 

In fairness, there’s precious little out there that has a newer chassis and a similar power train configuration that’s very exciting either, so I can see what they’re aiming for. 

15 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Ill be honest im not a fan of yellow....but if someone offered it to me. Id take it....No hesitation..

the 9G Auto version will be nuts. Hope the Torque figures are close to the M2 that would be good. 

Do actually like the pearl yellow, very much a bold launch colour. I do however feel the bronze wheels clash which doesn't help the overall look. A 991 GT3 in yellow you'll commonly see with either dark grey or black wheels.

Black wheels are somewhat overdone as @hmale4yu has previously stated I kinda agree.  

Sales numbers will tell whether its any good. I predict similar numbers to the Supra. If rumoured prices are close enough undercutting the competition, could actually be more sales due to manual option.

Oh apologies for the youtube plug. Someone posted it on the rival forum thought might as well

In terms of whats on offer

Lower weight some carbon fiber

Twin Turbo

Digital dash

Updated Interior

Near supercar level tuning options

New shape although not everyone's taste

More colour options

For a fractional increase in price from current 370 new..id say due to lower investment for production......good thing its not a new car because that would be £45-£55,000 new...still could be tbh

Depends different strokes whats deemed fun. It is a Gran Turismo type not an all out sports car. Although the Nismo is not bad around a track....its not as nimble as an MX5. Saving grace is the hydraulic steering system and analogue feel. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Near super car level tuning options? What even is that?!?! :lol: I’m guessing you mean a remap will see what, 480-500bhp tops, maybe with an inter cooler upgrade as well? Like I said it’ll shift anyway, and yes that’s quick, but I think we’re a long way and many £££ and parts from hitting 700bhp+ aren’t we? 

Has hydraulic steering been confirmed? Excellent news if so, that’s a real bonus tbh. The point about analogue is that if most sales are auto and it’s a generic V6TT, how analogue is it likely to feel? I don’t know. Perhaps you’re right, and being an old car underneath could actually be it’s saving grace, bizarrely. 

Cost is everything here. If it fails to really take off in Japan then prices will always be high here I feel, then it’s just another unicorn with better options elsewhere. 

Edited by Ekona

Lol.....With the Q60 you do need some hardware mods to get it to 600 bhp and run 11 seconds 1/4 mile etc. Probably bigger turbos to go past 600bhp tbh. 

Its not going to be as long as upgrading a 370. Hydraulic is not confirmed but i cant see them changing the steering to Electric.

Taking off in Japan is hard to tell but North America should be good to go once the verdict is out.

9 hours ago, DoogyRev said:

Was expecting LA Motorshow in November but maybe they reveal the specs in August. Nissan might have been lazy and not done anything with the engine.

Either way lets see if they make any changes to the production car.

Edited by GranTurismoEra

I googled the guy that put it out there, "Dan Passe". Seems legit. North America Comms. 

Possibly more than one car in different colours at the reveal. Some people are traveling to New York from other states for the event. They are considering letting Z customers drive it at a track like a closed Nismo academy event later in the year. Good idea