New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

Yeah they're getting the info from New Nissan Z forum lol. Either way I dont think the Nismo will be worth it unless there is a good power hike and clear differences. Id be happy with the GT or Sport versions

Nismo version looks like it will be $55,000. 

Regarding import I dont think the vendors will wait since they haven't announced a Nismo or Roadster version. One vendor is willing get moving straight away. 

Tbh Id prefer a GT now. Nismo loses a few comforts that id like next time round. 

£48k Nismo new nahhh... £35k GT used approved excluding import duty is actually good for 12 months on etc

• Like 1

There will probably be one or two in the country at best in the first year. Once depreciation starts setting in it should get interesting. I just expect it to be rarer than the new Supra which Ive still never seen  on the road 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Im also hoping the pricing is right. So many more people will be able to afford it after a few years. The base will come with standard equipment. 

Ive seen more Alpines than Supras. Only seen one supra since release.

Hope to see this Z in the UK next summer even if its a demo. Or one person imported it in. 

First thing Id do is remove the Nissan badges. Then Z badge on rear 

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

funny that I just noticed that leak re the blue interior

I was thinking the other day, is importing one as ridiculous as it sounds? Surely it will make it even more exclusive then it would be and beyond financial reach of most Z community kind like the Nismo Mk2 which is comparable (visually and money wise) with the German performance cars. Think it makes the car more exotic somewhat. Just from my perspective where I have been keeping an eye on 2014/2015 C7 Corvettes which won't really drop below £35k (imports) for many years (£40k for EU/UK spec cars) and then there is the risk of getting something GM have cut corners on the factory line and similar import car insurance costs, LHD issues etc. Maybe importing the new Z after a year or so wont be bad perhaps when exchange rate improves?

Edited by hmale4yu
  • Like 1

Depends how badly you want a tuned up twenty year old car just to have something different to post on the socials, I guess. Financial sense absolutely not, common sense still no, but the heart wants what the heart wants. 

you have 8 years before the possible Importation ban on Petrol. By then 20-35k should be how much they cost. Old to New so we shall see.

Regarding social media depends on how fussed you posting pics as follows are temporary anyway. People get bored and move onto something else. 

Its still a huge expense even at 35k. Worth waiting a few years and grabbing a bargain. Since its Japan you know there will be depreciated examples ready to go.

There are vendors that will import one or two but id be lying if I said its not a hard sell. The exclusivety is a selling point more so the fact its a powerful twin turbo. The Supra probably sold 900. Not great numbers. I can see why Nissan didnt bother. Cant blame them.

Expect US, Australia and Japan to shift similar numbers to the Supra first year 2800+ combined. This year the Supra is projected 4000+ combined.

US sold 5884 last year so Covid didnt matter much. When you look at US sales. EU sales are pretty much irrelevant :lol:

Nissan actually made the right choice

Edited by GranTurismoEra

On 26/03/2021 at 22:53, GranTurismoEra said:

Yeah they're getting the info from New Nissan Z forum lol. Either way I dont think the Nismo will be worth it unless there is a good power hike and clear differences. Id be happy with the GT or Sport versions

Nismo version looks like it will be $55,000. 

Regarding import I dont think the vendors will wait since they haven't announced a Nismo or Roadster version. One vendor is willing get moving straight away. 

Tbh Id prefer a GT now. Nismo loses a few comforts that id like next time round. 

£48k Nismo new nahhh... £35k GT used approved excluding import duty is actually good for 12 months on etc

Yea possibly true esp as the Nismo only really works with Storm White whereas the GT car allows you more scope for other colour options and looks.

Not sure if getting a blue interior would be a wise choice though. Yellow/Orange and black interior GT spec 

Edit: Just seeing that video does anyone not think that the rear looks a bit peculiar from this angle almost like the end is pinched

Nissan-Z-Proto-Rear-Quarter.jpg

Edited by hmale4yu

The current Nismo has the hatch look as well. Thats the look they're going for. More F type style. I think the main thing is the grill. When I first saw the car at the unveil i was like 'huh'..Whats going on with that.

Nismo works in black too. Not so much Red. I think this car Dark grey, blue, white, black. Silver not so much. Yellow is ok but could be sharper. Seems a bit too pale

What’s really concerning is the amount of people who would wait for the Nismo version because the standard looks too bland for them. If people don’t buy the regular one, Nissan aren’t going to do a Nismo one on the off chance. 

• Like 1

I think it will sell more than the current Supra because

Manual option

A lot of Z enthusiasts dont like the grill but they know theres aftermarket ready to go 

Less fussy design

Made in Japan despite Auto box being from Mercedes

Lower price point especially the base model at "$34,000" gets more ppl in a sports car where others cant afford the Supra or have to get a 4 pot

First year sales for Supra were around 2800+ second year a lot more at 4800+

The Z may still come up short due to more plain design though. I cant see why Nissan wont shift 3-5k cars mostly around the base and middle trims

I agree the design could be better slightly but I think cost could be a factor. Crossover parts save money. 

It would be unreasonable to price it at the same level as the Supra as its using a 4 year old engine plus 370 parts. The Supra is much newer.

If the rumours are to be believed. The pricing is actually  interesting at $34,000 - $45,000

Edited by GranTurismoEra

4 year old engine, 20 year old chassis, you would hope it’s cheaper too!

The fact the 370 sold poorly and the clamour for a new Supra was immeasurably higher than anything for a new Zed doesn’t seem a great place to start, plus everyone wants autos these days. I’m not saying it couldn’t outsell a Supra, but I’m not convinced it will happen. But then, the Supra hasn’t exactly sold well either so who knows!

I think the backlash against the Supra would have put many people off. Many people were no longer interested once they knew BMW were involved and the car would not come with manual. Then the car looking way smaller than the FT-1. Some would have held out for a possible Z35 instead.

I dont think they want to create a new platform till electrification. Not worth it when you're still recovering from huge debts.

Still at least a few years till the supposed petrol hybrid. 

I don’t think anyone who wanted a Supra would’ve been holding out for a tarted up version of a 350, if I’m honest. Certainly not once they saw it...

Is the current Supra the most disappointing new car of recent times? Interesting question. 

Supra still sold in America very well considering COVID. 5000 cars is still good considering. According to many Supra forums a lot of people were dissapointed. Many people already traded in their 19 plates by summer 2020. We can say its down to Covid mainly.

A spruced up 350 is okay considering the 350 did really well. Funny that the 370 sales in 2009-2012 are slightly in line with the current Supra numbers.

Nissan need to move on to the R36 and update the Z platform but thats not going to happen till electrification.

If the $34,000 base price is to be believed that makes it cheaper than a Z4 30i, Civic Type R, not much more expensive than a BRZ/86.

It opens up sales I can see it selling a lot in the first year.

Lets apply the same criticisms to other brands who have had the same look and platform for over a decade. Some brands havent changed the profile of their cars for 30 years.

Also no need for Nissan to spend £1 billion developing a short lived platform that will only exist for 7 years, till it needs to change for the purpose of electrification. When they are recovering from losses in 2019.

Reusing the 370 is better than teaming up with BMW for their parts bin and alienating Toyota enthusiasts. Japanese drifter called the Supra ****.