New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

16 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

Def starting to like the look of it from side profile even in yellow - it works!

From the back the contrast paint / lower black gloss diffusor looks a bit "forced" - might work better in a silver. Also note the rear recess for numberplate is US design only unlike the 370z - that should tell us a thing? Might look epic with quad exhausts come to think it 

Obviously front end isn't the cars best point

nissan-z-proto-side.jpg

message-editor_1609100424814-nissanzprotonewinlinesocial.jpg

No issues running a custom square plate as many 350 and 370 use it now.

Silver not sure about that. Would change the look completely. 

On 02/01/2021 at 23:34, hmale4yu said:

Def starting to like the look of it from side profile even in yellow - it works!

From the back the contrast paint / lower black gloss diffusor looks a bit "forced" - might work better in a silver. Also note the rear recess for numberplate is US design only unlike the 370z - that should tell us a thing? Might look epic with quad exhausts come to think it 

Obviously front end isn't the cars best point

nissan-z-proto-side.jpg

message-editor_1609100424814-nissanzprotonewinlinesocial.jpg

I think that geezer better stop leaning on that car it's the only one! 'Oi!' 

It appears the number plate on the rear seems to be just an external plate?  The distance on the flat black part of the rear bumper is wide enough for the UK/European wide flat plates too? Regardless I expect the designers had a remit to make it a world car to accommodate all markets even if the business side say US only (for now)?

Apologies to take this thread off on a slight tangent but can you imagine someone over here importing the new Z in yellow and then getting this as their run around? Imagine what the neighbours would think seeing these on the driveway alongside one another !

Honda e review-33.jpg

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, hmale4yu said:

Apologies to take this thread off on a slight tangent but can you imagine someone over here importing the new Z in yellow and then getting this as their run around? Imagine what the neighbours would think seeing these on the driveway alongside one another !

Honda e review-33.jpg

I have actually seen that colour in the flesh it's more the greener end of the fizzy dissolving vitamin tabs scale. Somehow it works for the E. :D

• Like 1

18 hours ago, stanski said:

I have actually seen that colour in the flesh it's more the greener end of the fizzy dissolving vitamin tabs scale. Somehow it works for the E. :D

Yes I have seen 2 now - one in blue from a distance whilst driving which looked nice and dark grey parked which didnt really stand out. Both in inner London.  Maybe they have some good PCP deals who knows. I am not sure how long the quirky factor will last. Although the 500 milked that for almost ten years! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hmale4yu said:

Yes I have seen 2 now - one in blue from a distance whilst driving which looked nice and dark grey parked which didnt really stand out. Both in inner London.  Maybe they have some good PCP deals who knows. I am not sure how long the quirky factor will last. Although the 500 milked that for almost ten years! 

They are not really that small are they? Remember when the Yaris first came out it was huge! I expect the retro route is a natural for EVs I love that anyway if nothing else it's a good way to dip into the old catalogue and make nice stuff again. The more futuristic some companies get the more retro they look.

Aside from the crossover sitting position and 137 mile range looks good. £32,000? well when i looked 4 months ago they were £29000 with a few miles.

Holy depreciation with a few miles you can bag one for £24,999. I hope this happens to the 400Z in Japan lol

wow

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Aside from the crossover sitting position and 137 mile range looks good. £32,000? well when i looked 4 months ago they were £29000 with a few miles.

Holy depreciation with a few miles you can bag one for £24,999. I hope this happens to the 400Z in Japan lol

wow

Are they £25k already?? That's a drop already? If the range was double and the start price £20k it would be the most common EV around? 

The question then is by 2030 will people perceive petrol cars as something to hold onto or invest purely in EV?

Probably in 10 years time the Lexus LC500 might be affordable never mind the zed :lol:

I think petrol cars will retain their value and still be an option for the public, car enthusiasts and anti ev brigade.

If by then synthetic or alternative fuel is an option the may offer that as hybrid alternative with companies offering conversion to alternative fuel and alcohol could be a possibility. It depends on what BP, Shell, Esso and co want to offer. They have tried with LPG

Also new cars sold between 2028 - 2030 if they could be made cheaper than EV in general there could be a jump in sales flooding the market with the last ICE vehicles.

The government would probably want to ban importation of pure ICE cars.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stanski said:

Are they £25k already?? That's a drop already? If the range was double and the start price £20k it would be the most common EV around? 

The question then is by 2030 will people perceive petrol cars as something to hold onto or invest purely in EV?

Probably in 10 years time the Lexus LC500 might be affordable never mind the zed :lol:

The 5.0 is def holding its value more then the hybrids I have been keeping an eye from a while. The initial plummet seems to have slowed and its holding value bit better now the 5.0 that is. Seems like the hybrid will be first to enter the sub £40k mark

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

I think petrol cars will retain their value and still be an option for the public, car enthusiasts and anti ev brigade.

If by then synthetic or alternative fuel is an option the may offer that as hybrid alternative with companies offering conversion to alternative fuel and alcohol could be a possibility. It depends on what BP, Shell, Esso and co want to offer. They have tried with LPG

Also new cars sold between 2028 - 2030 if they could be made cheaper than EV in general there could be a jump in sales flooding the market with the last ICE vehicles.

The government would probably want to ban importation of pure ICE cars.

I think we are already in the first phase of the exodus of brands (Subaru, Infiniti, Mitsubishi etc)  and enthusiast models being canned (4c, Z) so the only issue is that if this trend continues then by late 2020s there wont be much new stock to choose from that would appeal to people like us. 

I remember several years ago when there were a couple of LFAs and 8Cs on autotrader hella expensive but now they are only going up in value 

• Like 1

Toyota think EVs are overrated. Thats the joint top manufacturer in the world saying that. They will continue to make hybrids post 2030 and may introduce EV. I think with the alternate fuels you never know. 

LC500 arent coming down fast. With the prices of the rivals I cant see the Z being cheap at all. I just hope used ones will be around the 30k mark. Highly unlikely as 2019 Supras are still £45,000 but whos buying.

Im yet to see a Supra on the road. I just think when the Z drops it will more talked about and loved than the Supra. It wont necessarily translate into better sales. I think a steady 2500-4000 per year worldwide is all Nissan are expecting for 5 years till a facelift or potential hybrid.

Now the 2 litre Supra is here and the high price. Im keen to see if the new 86 stays at £30,000 or goes up to £36,000

Hopefully Z will be priced around £40,000 for the GT in Japan and £47,000 for the Nismo. 

After 1 year and 8k miles that could be £30,000 and £37,000 excluding shipping fees potentially. After seeing Supra I doubt it

More like £40,000-£45000 used.....with all the pcp/hp available in US

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

I think we are already in the first phase of the exodus of brands (Subaru, Infiniti, Mitsubishi etc)  and enthusiast models being canned (4c, Z) so the only issue is that if this trend continues then by late 2020s there wont be much new stock to choose from that would appeal to people like us. 

I remember several years ago when there were a couple of LFAs and 8Cs on autotrader hella expensive but now they are only going up in value 

Sadly I agree it will just be big or successful brands left. It will either be small city blobs or SUV blobs. Then there will be the Uber luxury side of the market, Bentley, Rolls, Aston plus all those F1 type offshoots then the cottage industry bespoke, Alvis reborn types etc. 

Shame. Of course we could be wrong things just carry on as they are or even better make complete cars using 3 d printing tech which should be super cheap by then?  But there is no money in cheap cars why they all gravitate eventually to the posh end? 

43 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Toyota think EVs are overrated. Thats the joint top manufacturer in the world saying that. They will continue to make hybrids post 2030 and may introduce EV. I think with the alternate fuels you never know. 

LC500 arent coming down fast. With the prices of the rivals I cant see the Z being cheap at all. I just hope used ones will be around the 30k mark. Highly unlikely as 2019 Supras are still £45,000 but whos buying.

Im yet to see a Supra on the road. I just think when the Z drops it will more talked about and loved than the Supra. It wont necessarily translate into better sales. I think a steady 2500-4000 per year worldwide is all Nissan are expecting for 5 years till a facelift or potential hybrid.

Now the 2 litre Supra is here and the high price. Im keen to see if the new 86 stays at £30,000 or goes up to £36,000

Hopefully Z will be priced around £40,000 for the GT in Japan and £47,000 for the Nismo. 

After 1 year and 8k miles that could be £30,000 and £37,000 excluding shipping fees potentially. After seeing Supra I doubt it

More like £40,000-£45000 used.....with all the pcp/hp available in US

I love the LC500 always have kept an eye on it when it came out. 

I sat in one when the other half got her M2 from a Lexus dealer of all places. I  only had the Stang a short time and parked next to a demo Lc500 in the carpark. Made the Stang look ancient!:surrender:

They will keep their value, even though initial reviews moaning about the 10 speed box and the hybrid lacking, on top of the track ball and infotainment system not being as cool as Audi, it's got the thing all those other cars in that class seem to lack, soul and its own personality. (Yes it's a car but you know what I mean)

Anyway I love it but can't afford it. 

I think the zed will be expensive because the expectation has been set by the Supra and those kinds of cars. 

So it's a waiting game and see what happens. How many zeds fit in a container and how much are they to ship? :lol:

Edited by stanski

9 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

ha, ill leave the logistics to the experts. This wont be a roll on roll off affair to save a few pounds. Dont want pirates getting their grubby hands on the goods :lol:

Nissan paint wearing thin at sea :lol:

Nissan paint you mean 'mist' :lol:

We have enough seafarers in the club :boat: maybe they can 'borrow' a boat?

So buy them from Mister Mishimoto Nissan dealers in Nagoya. Spray them with an inch layer of waxoyl for protection whilst on the boat. :thumbs: 

Paint a large 'Putin shipping' logo on the side then once we get to European waters change that to 'Trump love and peace shipping company' I swear nobody will bother us. 

Because Japan now has a trade agreement with the UK we only need to buy customs a cuppa merely as a courtesy and drive home.  Urine yellows here we come! :drive1

• Haha 1

Not my words :lol:

The below was posted earlier on the **REMOVED** forum, so, get your orders in soon. Or alternatively keep on saying that you want/ed an analog, 2 seat rear wheel drive n/a V6 coupe/roadster, then not buy it because of the badge.

NISMO NEWS | 370Z End of Production
Dear NISMO centres,

End of Production for 370Z Coupe

We would like to inform you that the production of the MY20 370Z will be coming to an end on 30th Septmeber 2020 for the UK market.
On Sale for more than 10 years, the 370Z was one of the last Sports Coupes to feature a naturally aspirated V6 engine and as such was a true celebration of Nissan’s ‘Z’ car heritage.

Throughout its lifecycle, the 370Z has proven to be a popular and versatile with a number of special editions such as the Yellow edition, Black edition and last year’s 50th Anniversary edition. We know that this much loved model will be well remembered and continue to be cherished by its army of loyal fans.

We encourage you to sell from existing stock, whether your own or from NDS first.There is a last opportunity to place sold customer orders only for the final production month of September, with expected November arrival in the UK. While we will do our best to have these built, please be aware that this cannot be guaranteed due to parts supply restrictions to minimise obsolescence impacts. Orders must be placed by the end of June, so please do not hesitate to speak to any potential customers who may require a factory order vehicle.

June 2020

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1874072

Beats opening a new thread

Edited by GranTurismoEra

On 04/01/2021 at 01:17, hmale4yu said:

If that Katana blade piece was the same colour as the rims then it would like q classy - understated yet different

Was having a browse of the F types and it in silver really had an impact on me. I think this still has that F type vibe to it

Wheels in the silver for me, rather than bronze for the trim and the wheels.