New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

6 minutes ago, Payco said:

careful, you are bordering on offending me.:teeth:

reflections (2).jpg

Yes but yours is a personal statement not an entire design and sales team at Nissan thinking this is how we are going to make our 370z a very special anniversary model for the world market. 

Yours is a much nicer colour for starters. :lol:

1 hour ago, stanski said:

Yes but yours is a personal statement not an entire design and sales team at Nissan thinking this is how we are going to make our 370z a very special anniversary model for the world market. 

Yours is a much nicer colour for starters. :lol:

Thanks. (Was) sold it in August last year after 3 years of ownership.

10 hours ago, Payco said:

If it were me (it isn't) I would be spending the money on a used R35 rather than sink cash into one of these. I personally don't like it. Looks too rounded at the back (too much like a Jag/Aston) and they are trying to use some of the old 240z lines on the rear quarter with the round badge as well which for me just doesn't work. Having owned a mark two Nismo myself I would say the current Nismo is better looking. Only my opinion though of course. For me its lost its identity from all the other cars out there which Is a shame. Currently IMHO there is no other car that compares in looks to the 350/370 but this car doesn't look stand out to me.

I agree with this 90% esp re the Mk2 Nismo 370z in Storm White especially 

I think they very nearly pulled it off though. Basically looks like they got a 370z, simplified the body back to an early 370z prototype and then kept added retro cues. If you think of the Supra and Type R being the anti-thesis of "less is more", the Z-Proto has gone the other direction to the point that it has become "less is less" and appears to be a generic design

Very nearly pulled it off in the sense that there are Z throwbacks but like many people have noticed it has a bit of F type to it, Aston and just now I noticed a bit of E63 6 series to the front headlights when they are switched off.  

• Like 1

I hate to admit it but its definitely growing on me. The more I see the more I like with its styling, however this is more then likely because its a retro style with modern flare, which I'm a sucker for. Especially found of the 300zx rear tail light style. Yes, im one of those people who love old style with modern technology 

The one big no no for me though, and nearly all modern manufacturers do this is the multi coloured body panels, or two tone in this case yellow with black and chrome roof :yuck: If possible I'd want one colour coded all one colour. Why manufacturers decide this looks good will never, ever make sense to me 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Olly350z said:

I hate to admit it but its definitely growing on me. The more I see the more I like with its styling, however this is more then likely because its a retro style with modern flare, which I'm a sucker for. Especially found of the 300zx rear tail light style. Yes, im one of those people who love old style with modern technology 

The one big no no for me though, and nearly all modern manufacturers do this is the multi coloured body panels, or two tone in this case yellow with black and chrome roof :yuck: If possible I'd want one colour coded all one colour. Why manufacturers decide this looks good will never, ever make sense to me 

That chrome flashe on the roof are just the designers trying to be fancy emphasizing the shape I expect?

On the Ford Mach e where they have the top roof section in black to make it look lower than it is, so clever optical illusion but the chrome flash on Zed-pee is a bit naff I have to agree.

Like you I love the retro look/feel hence why I drive a 2018 Stang, but I am a genuine classic car man too.

On my RX8 there were alloy rotary emblems all over, the only one I liked was the rear central fog light in that shape, which was cool the rest a bit pants.

Let's wait until 2023 when we might see them appear as urine yellow imports. 

11 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

The chrome on the roof line is supposed to be a Katana blade representation. So that will be a different colour on certain colour choices. 

Regardless, its still absolutely awful and if I were in a position of buying one, I'd be doing all in my power to either not have it / paint it.

I personally feel chrome belongs on classics, or big American imports, chargers, impala's etc

All personal preference mind :shrug:

On 24/12/2020 at 22:53, GranTurismoEra said:

The chrome on the roof line is supposed to be a Katana blade representation. So that will be a different colour on certain colour choices. 

Yes I think they got a bit too clever for themselves and carried away with these little retro subtleties that the car has. I think the 370z has a far more in your face look to it with signature features like the bommerang lights (love or hate them), two tone accents (Nismo) and the muscular rear fenders/wheel arches. Its a 370z and there isnt another car like it really although I get the older Porsche 911 comparisons . 

Americans tend to do alot of aftermarket stuff typically spoilers but at the moment the front end seems to be the first point of modification for many

• Like 1

The Nismo 370 is just a neckbreaker. I had a few calls when it was up for sale. The public love it and kids constantly yell at their parents and point. 

The new Z will only have a fraction of that attention due to simpler more plain design featuring the rarity factor and being new.

Thats why Im keeping the 370 nismo for now as opposed to trying to go faster. Im content.

When I was on Instagram the general consensus was modding the front grill and adding suttle bodykits....Any Nismo version will probably have a different front grill and rear bumper

I just wish the rear lights were wider giving it a more prominent neon bulb look. 

Also wish the front grill was more angular. maybe someone will paint the bottom half of the grill to match the primary colour to give it the 240 look

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

hmm the Renault techie reckons it can happen but unlikely. Some main dealers have imported cars unofficially in the past

I just wonder if its depending on things like interest locally. UK are still part of the paris agreement. If anything sales of leafs and micras may stay the same. Nissan need to probably sell as much as Tesla for that to be possible.

Possible if only they had a saloon design like Sony or Tesla for the leaf and call it a Leaf XL or something. 

Oh yeah and Nissan UK boss and someone in Government can make it happen maybe but business case isnt really there

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

hmm the Renault techie reckons it can happen but unlikely. Some main dealers have imported cars unofficially in the past

I just wonder if its depending on things like interest locally. UK are still part of the paris agreement. If anything sales of leafs and micras may stay the same. Nissan need to probably sell as much as Tesla for that to be possible.

Possible if only they had a saloon design like Sony or Tesla for the leaf and call it a Leaf XL or something. 

Oh yeah and Nissan UK boss and someone in Government can make it happen maybe but business case isnt really there

Ok so it's the waiting game then. Pandemic first, post Brexit shakedown, wait until about 2029 for a grey import. 

I do find Nissan and Infiniti quite silly sometimes. Infiniti did sod all to advertise came in spent a fortune then left with nothing surprised they were not an instant hit?

When Nissan decided to release the Cube in the UK, they went to the trouble of spending a fortune tarting it up as apparently we like our luxurious cars here? The Cube was hot Japanese stuff, we wanted it, again no adverts no nothing and they were surprised it never really sold, although it took off on the second hand market. We had one for a while and loved it.

When they have something that is a well known model like the zed in their line up that is different to the usual run of the mill German suspects, they don't consider it? 

Shame.:blink:

• Like 1

A lot of that is going to be down to pcp deals. For the average person, if you can put yourself behind the wheel of a perceived better badge that feels a nicer place to be behind the wheel (and let’s be honest, the Germans wipe the floor with the competition on that front) for just a little bit higher monthly payment then you’re going to do so. I believe this is partly why the 370 failed in this country, £300 pcm for a Nissan or £400 pcm for a Cayman/TT/2-series is a no brainer for many. 

To have to spend the money to get the car type approved in the UK & Europe when you’re not guaranteed to sell a bucketload, and with the divisive looks that’s probable, it doesn’t make financial sense. I’m sure Nissan UK would love to have a car in that segment, but unless it sells like hot cakes in the US it’s incredibly unlikely to ever happen. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Nothing similar apart from both being coupes fella

I do think they have similar side profile (ignoring the zeds chrome flash thing) similar rear arch, and front light treatment. I expect they will change the grill as people have mentioned for the American market? 

You dont need to worry about vision when all other senses are 'heightened'..

I cant see it being released in 2021. Also Covid isnt going anywhere anytime soon. The drop in infections around may june this year is unlikely to happen again without a full national lockdown with people respecting the rules.

If it does come it will probably only sell 2000 in North America and very price dependent. Japan maybe 500 if that. UK probably 90-100 at best for MY 2022. UK is wishful thinking even with open imports. Times are tough. 

The Supra sales jumped this year in America and the projection back in Summer was around 4000 worldwide. Think theyve met that.

Then again there are around 98 for sale in UK now many people have sold up 2019 models due to the situation.

This car should be priced the same as the current nismo 370 new. £39,000 or $51,000 or it might struggle

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

Def starting to like the look of it from side profile even in yellow - it works!

From the back the contrast paint / lower black gloss diffusor looks a bit "forced" - might work better in a silver. Also note the rear recess for numberplate is US design only unlike the 370z - that should tell us a thing? Might look epic with quad exhausts come to think it 

Obviously front end isn't the cars best point

nissan-z-proto-side.jpg

message-editor_1609100424814-nissanzprotonewinlinesocial.jpg

Edited by hmale4yu