New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

6 hours ago, 350Butcher said:

I really like this new Z, think the worst bit of the launch proto has been the colour choice as its hiding some really nice creases and lines that they've given the design which I think another colour would've made "pop" more.

It sharing a similar platform to the Z34 is fine by me, I would definitely rather that than do what Toyota have and hidden under the new Supra a BMW Z4, keeping it a proper Z and in touch with previous generation which most of us on here enjoy and love driving today.

Such a shame it wont be coming to europe as I for one would like seeing them from time to time on our roads as a change from the mass of boring cars.

I think there will be one or two on the road. Just that chances of seeing them are extremely slim. I for one would be interested in importing one but I wouldn't pay more than the current car new price which is 35-40k for a low mileage so that probably rules me out for the first 2-3 years if priced like the Supra.

If the car is essentially a Z34 I don't feel its worth more than a few bob above the current car. Tbh I think Nissan will want at least £10,000 above the current car

2 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

I think there will be one or two on the road. Just that chances of seeing them are extremely slim. I for one would be interested in importing one but I wouldn't pay more than the current car new price which is 35-40k for a low mileage so that probably rules me out for the first 2-3 years if priced like the Supra.

If the car is essentially a Z34 I don't feel its worth more than a few bob above the current car. Tbh I think Nissan will want at least £10,000 above the current car

I am more then happy with what i have and looking forward to getting the new rims on along with the exaust:)

Edited by ShortPaul

3 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

He is hardly going to say it's rubbish and why did you choose this p***ed your pants colour, oh straighten that damn badge on the boot! :lol:

He was probably concentrating very hard on the bike pedals he had to operate underneath, I mean it's a prototype after all probably no engine just Flintstones pedal car stylie?

• Haha 3

I know everyone has mentioned the love it or hate it wee yellow (although I don't mind it) just wondering if they will go further with a full colour 70s retro palette? Dog poo brown (ok Russet Brown then) Magenta purple, Orange, Beige, Blood Red? 

Interiors lavished with pnstriped brown crushed velour seats or black vinyl for that squeaky slide your bum around a corner feel? 15 fag trays plus a nice Pye Radio and some formica wood effect surfaces, it's an easy sell, I would be first in line. Honest.:snack:

https://jalopnik.com/the-nissan-z-proto-is-in-america-and-it-looks-amazing-1845518631

Has arrived in America on press tour. Possibly Journalist reviews. Unfortunately its just opinions. Not allowed to show engine bay probably.

Just talk. Probably need to wait 6 7 months for final product. The only thing that matters

Edited by GranTurismoEra

4 hours ago, davey_83 said:

In the shop :blush:

If they say Zeeee one more time or Datsoooon or Neeeesaan. English speak English please.:lol:

The worse thing about Zed-pee its a super spreader isn't it? Going all over the place and no face mask over its huge gob? Come on Neeeesaan you have a responsibility like the rest of us.

• Haha 1

On 25/10/2020 at 20:03, GranTurismoEra said:

Hypothetically  one is  therefore looking at spending £37-40k  in the year 2023 say for importing this. Wouldnt that be GTR, Cayman GT4, F type SVR money by that time?

18 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

Hypothetically  one is  therefore looking at spending £37-40k  in the year 2023 say for importing this. Wouldnt that be GTR, Cayman GT4, F type SVR money by that time?

not really. Cayman GT4 will still be 60k+ SVR 45 and up. I dont think values will drop that fast unless there is a huge slump in sales. GTR will be the highest depreciation im sure. a 17 plate then will probably start from £50,000

17 hours ago, Ekona said:

I wish a GT4 would be £40k by then! Plus with the other two you have much bigger running costs too, so there’s that to think about. 

if they can bin the 6 pot brakes then the Z makes sense. Unless theyre going big power the GTR brakes should be an option not standard. 

So a 2021 release or more likely 2022/2023? Awfully long wait for what is essentially a revision of the 370z with the Q60s engine

I am starting to like the styling more however. The front as mentioned has more to it then just a big black gaping square cut out. Looks nice but not nice enough to make my blood boil that it isnt coming over here! Unless the Nismo version looks the part I'm guessing in 2025!  

41 minutes ago, hmale4yu said:

So a 2021 release or more likely 2022/2023? Awfully long wait for what is essentially a revision of the 370z with the Q60s engine

I am starting to like the styling more however. The front as mentioned has more to it then just a big black gaping square cut out. Looks nice but not nice enough to make my blood boil that it isnt coming over here! Unless the Nismo version looks the part I'm guessing in 2025!  

It is odd isn't it? They go to the trouble and fancy marketing spin even sending Zed-pee on a bit of a busman's holiday to show off to the YouTube crowd and it's not going to be exported for some time? 

A bit like all the exotic stuff creates a stir then the market changes then ether quietly vanishes or reappears as an SUV. In 2 to 3 years time the leccie stuff will pick up and I doubt the design will be appreciated as it is now unless it's leccie by then?