New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

I think the pale yellow paint doesn't help in the slightest. The 370 nismo still has better looks for me. Hoping for a midlife facelift. One thing that wont change are the headlights. Everything else can be worked on.

Maybe the aftermarket can do something with the appearance of the headlights, front bumpers and fenders

Other than the slanted badge on the boot I like it. Even the BIG :teeth: GRILL! Obviously they have realised if they put plastic there its less paint to stone chip.

That will be a prototype put together by ex BL employees who moved to Japan when Triumph got in cahoots with Honda. Obviously they flew the nest and went to Nissan hence the shoddy panel fit.

• Haha 2

IF this is a 370z in a different frock then surely someone somewhere will do a body kit to mimic the proto thus problem solved as the engine can be turboed if needed too :thumbs:

Edited by neo

It does have some appealing elements and touches (pearl yellow paint, rear arches etc. But bear in mind anything new will have that to some degree. I still dont think its visually more appealing then the 370z Nismo Mk2 (which imo was the peak for the Z35 stylistically). I also think the pre-facelifted F type is better looking and remember that was also in convertible. I agree with one of the guys when he concludes that its a good looking machine but not drop dead georgous. I just dont think it has any particular feature to it that makes it stand out (the 370z had the muscular arches, 4c from the front and side). Its not hard to be better looking then a Supra

21 minutes ago, hmale4yu said:

It does have some appealing elements and touches (pearl yellow paint, rear arches etc. But bear in mind anything new will have that to some degree. I still dont think its visually more appealing then the 370z Nismo Mk2 (which imo was the peak for the Z35 stylistically). I also think the pre-facelifted F type is better looking and remember that was also in convertible. I agree with one of the guys when he concludes that its a good looking machine but not drop dead georgous. I just dont think it has any particular feature to it that makes it stand out (the 370z had the muscular arches, 4c from the front and side). Its not hard to be better looking then a Supra

I think the F type is an old mans car even though i am an old man :blush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's a good video review but hardly world shocking revelations that it looks very much a 370 underneath, this is what manufacturers do. They can't be blank pieces of paper everytime not even Bentley have that sort of money.

Nissan got the zed right (mostly) why change the oily and grippy bits if they work. Have you looked at the suspension components on a zed? It's decent engineering, your average MAN truck probably has suspension arms thinner that Zeds. :lol:

Theres clearly bias in the media. Thats why we cant have nice things. Unfortunately the result is not many new products. Now confirmed no new product for EU. Its not purely a Paris agreement. It wasnt cost effective to add opf for selling 100 cars in West EU

The Z proto has been well received in US despite the front design. Just a case of pricing now. Cant see it being less than £45,000 new and £38,000 used initially. They may go one further and price it at $50,000 in US. If they really want to hit the younger crowd it needs to be similar price to the current car at $40-$51,000

Get rid of the 6 piston brakes as thats adding $1000 dollars to the current maintenance. Unless they plan on going for more stock power than initially intended

Be interesting to see if they give a price by January. 

I really like this new Z, think the worst bit of the launch proto has been the colour choice as its hiding some really nice creases and lines that they've given the design which I think another colour would've made "pop" more.

It sharing a similar platform to the Z34 is fine by me, I would definitely rather that than do what Toyota have and hidden under the new Supra a BMW Z4, keeping it a proper Z and in touch with previous generation which most of us on here enjoy and love driving today.

Such a shame it wont be coming to europe as I for one would like seeing them from time to time on our roads as a change from the mass of boring cars.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

lol as Motor1 and the rest have said..Its okay when Porsche, Ferrari and co do it.

Heres a render 

Screenshot_20201025_035709.jpg

Screenshot_20201025_035724.jpg

Screenshot_20201025_035739.jpg

Perfect for scaletrix Nintendo etc but you would feel a bit of a k**b parking up at Tesco for the weekly shop.:lol:

23 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

I think the F type is an old mans car even though i am an old man :blush:

Agree but a mans car at least unlike the (unisexual)  TT !

Put the new Z on par with the Alpine A110 for looks. Has nice cues but nothing to shout about

Ironic thing is as mentioned, the bright yellow does conceal certain creases and bulging in the bodywork. Also this design being more understated is what would have appealed to Europeans more as opposed to the US guys who like their sports cars with more beef and attitude. 

I do like those rims though. Grey with a goldish sparkle? They are exact size to the 370z Nismos. Think it would look better on a Black Nismo though