New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

15 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Honda E coupe is still on the horizon and may be called CRZ apparently. Guys guys we need to buy more Leafs apparently. Cant they make the leaf look like a mercedes EQS? :lol:

They might outsell poor build quality Tesla. 

If only ! Imagine seeing this on the roads on people thinking that's a leaf a Nissan leaf!

1leafnismo6.jpg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, stanski said:

Not surprised about Tesla , American build isn't it. My Stang has 1970s British Leyland quality panel gaps in places, shocking really and it's not even a Fiat! On the whole it's good for a yank car but still presume they use people to fit the wings etc rather than robots?

I assume you read the same review about Tesla and Range Rover, no surprise with Range Rover how they manage to get away selling stuff that bad for so much money still is beyond me? 

In a similar vein a friend has been given a brand new Aston Martin Vantage ragtop by the insurance whilst his car is in for repair. Pile of pants, had to give it back, boot opens by itself as you drive but won't open when you press the button. The roof has stopped opening and closing, he only had it for 2 days, guess what they replaced it with, yes a Range Rover....:lol: wonder how many days before that has to go back?

I bet the new Zed-pee won't have any issues at all other than the Nissan z paint coming off those tyres, if that reaches production.:blink:

Yes no suprises. How about the fact my older brother spent £85,000 cold notes on a model X instead of waiting on a £37,000 model Y. It arrived, the doors even went up on a sunday but guess what.

Paint finish poor. panels misaligned, interior fittings poor, welds obvious. An independent bodyshop called it the worst example of a car theyd ever seen

It had to go back 2 days later and another one ordered. 

It may be a one off. oh wait....its common knowledge

Nissan paint cant touch Honda or Kia. The thicker so called anti scratch paint from Kia holds up well. Its not pearl or shiny but its solid like the older cars. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

If only ! Imagine seeing this on the roads on people thinking that's a leaf a Nissan leaf!

1leafnismo6.jpg

Then they may be taken more seriously....They would probably tout it as a Z replacement. Since Z is heading towards a certain death. It would cost £50,000 - £80,000 at the moment due to the dual 120kwh batteries and 3.4 sec launch

Its a research car for Formula E and future E Sports cars. Which may come to Europe. They are better off making a four door version for entry and selling to families since 5 SUVs aren't enough

The Leaf sports car may become a reality. The people who care about Z probably would only want one as a toy and not a serious weekend car 

6 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Yes no suprises. How about the fact my older brother spent £85,000 cold notes on a model X instead of waiting on a £37,000 model Y. It arrived, the doors even went up on a sunday but guess what.

Paint finish poor. panels misaligned, interior fittings poor, welds obvious. An independent bodyshop called it the worst example of a car theyd ever seen

It had to go back 2 days later and another one ordered. 

It may be a one off. oh wait....its common knowledge

Nissan paint cant touch Honda or Kia. The thicker so called anti scratch paint from Kia holds up well. Its not pearl or shiny but its solid like the older cars. 

I will be flamed for this having a pop at Porsche but the other half had a Cayman S earlier shape, fab looking car but engine troubles, exhaust, electrics it was about 4 years old when she got it. Sold it and against by better advice got a newer shape Caymen. Well other than having to replace drivers window mechanism, electronic issues again, the gear shift mechanism is a p***y cheap cable affair you probably find on a £400 Fiesta, which beached her in the fast lane of the hard shoulder one night from work, which was scary to say the least. Got it fixed basically a clip broke, the cable fell off and you can't change gear. Then 2 weeks later same thing she can't change gear. Turns out the mechanism actually broke this time, Porsche issued a better version which was fitted by which time she had enough of it. I had to replace the headlamp bulbs, cool idea how the whole headlamp unit comes out but as a life long classic car man I know a rust trap when I see one, plenty in those wings when you take the headlamps out.

She got an M2 and it's ace never looked back, sod Porsche a lot of Brand image but I think they build them to cost like everyone else.

Zed paint is probably fine in Japan where everyone buys new cars after 4 years and it's so busy l doubt they get to drive fast enough to chip it the rest of us have to suffer. The daft thing but even English cars have decent paint probably as it's clear coat over base, twice the amount of paint. I have to say the infiniti paint on my g35 was excellent, so they can do it, must be cost/weight saving.

There have been quite a few videos recently on Zed-pee and I have to say it's growing on me more, especially the back. If they make it electric one day well fine or they will use the model name like Ford did with the Stang.

Edited by stanski

Kia cant argue with that in terms of them offering value for money and reliability.  I had a 1.6 Ceed 1st gen which effectively was the car that broke them into the UK market in terms of becoming a household name. (Side note: shame Infiniti never had that in the Q30 and the Q60 wasnt even marketed. The G35 was a grey import no?). I've been tempted by 2017 Gen 2 Proceeds which have the 1.6 turbo warm hatch - read that it drinks as much as a 2.0 turbo Golf but it isnt a stressed out engine and should be a reliable runaround.  

Ive heard that the C8 makes the C7 looks small. I don't think it looks right tbh although I do dig the front end/lights more. Again going back to the panel gap issue this is meant to suffer q badly it seems from US feedback. One thing to look out for on the C7s is the cylinder de-activation tech which apparently can cause stress on the engine and potential reliability issues. Couple of mint C6 ZR1s on autotrader going for £65 & £75 . I believe that the C6 is last classic Corvette stylistically - just cant comprehend why the grandsports and z06s are £10-15k more then base C6s

I have still been a bit bummed about the Z proto tbh. Toyotas sports car offerings do absolutely nothing for me. See myself in a warm hatch, super mini next and perhaps a final sports car after that when I hit 40 in 4 years depending on how life unfolds

Edited by hmale4yu
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, hmale4yu said:

Kia cant argue with that in terms of them offering value for money and reliability.  I had a 1.6 Ceed 1st gen which effectively was the car that broke them into the UK market in terms of becoming a household name. (Side note: shame Infiniti never had that in the Q30 and the Q60 wasnt even marketed. The G35 was a grey import no?). I've been tempted by 2017 Gen 2 Proceeds which have the 1.6 turbo warm hatch - read that it drinks as much as a 2.0 turbo Golf but it isnt a stressed out engine and should be a reliable runaround.  

Ive heard that the C8 makes the C7 looks small. I don't think it looks right tbh although I do dig the front end/lights more. Again going back to the panel gap issue this is meant to suffer q badly it seems from US feedback. One thing to look out for on the C7s is the cylinder de-activation tech which apparently can cause stress on the engine and potential reliability issues. Couple of mint C6 ZR1s on autotrader going for £65 & £75 . I believe that the C6 is last classic Corvette stylistically - just cant comprehend why the grandsports and z06s are £10-15k more then base C6s

I have still been a bit bummed about the Z proto tbh. Toyotas sports car offerings do absolutely nothing for me. See myself in a warm hatch, super mini next and perhaps a final sports car after that when I hit 40 in 4 years depending on how life unfolds

I can't remember if it was Kia or Hyundai but they started their car industry buying in Japanese expertise and machines so they got a good start as I don't think they had much of a car industry before. The designs are done in Germany these days. They remind me of Datsun when that started in the UK ( before my time I hasen to add!) but without the rust issues. 

They did import the G35 etc I had a G35S (not q60 as I randomly mentioned earlier) but earlier ones were Jap imports. 

Similar to you I am not keen on Toyota at the moment. The Supra looks pants really when I saw one the week it was released, I am sure it's a great car but looks wise pah!  The GT86 is such a cheapo car I was unimpressed as I considered one when it came out? It drove well reminder me of my old MR2 roadster from years ago, but sounded like it had a drainpipe inside with running water (didn't know until later they have fake noise piped). I know it was a car to save Subaru from totally going under and make use of the factory but it just did nothing for me. Sorry.

The zed will come to the UK one way or another just have to wait.

3 hours ago, stanski said:

I can't remember if it was Kia or Hyundai but they started their car industry buying in Japanese expertise and machines so they got a good start as I don't think they had much of a car industry before. The designs are done in Germany these days. They remind me of Datsun when that started in the UK ( before my time I hasen to add!) but without the rust issues. 

They did import the G35 etc I had a G35S (not q60 as I randomly mentioned earlier) but earlier ones were Jap imports. 

Similar to you I am not keen on Toyota at the moment. The Supra looks pants really when I saw one the week it was released, I am sure it's a great car but looks wise pah!  The GT86 is such a cheapo car I was unimpressed as I considered one when it came out? It drove well reminder me of my old MR2 roadster from years ago, but sounded like it had a drainpipe inside with running water (didn't know until later they have fake noise piped). I know it was a car to save Subaru from totally going under and make use of the factory but it just did nothing for me. Sorry.

The zed will come to the UK one way or another just have to wait.

The new Z is growing on me I must admit. Not sure if it is worth £45-50k though. Isnt that good spec Evora 400 , Alfa 4C money, Lexus LC500 money?

I think things happen for a reason to an extent and looking at the wider picture across  the country the the tide is making it more difficult to justify buying a sports car with the  increased congestion in part due to the  whole  green movement (building of new new cycle lanes, widened pavements, electric charging points and ULEZ etc).

I have my eyes on warm hatches as I've mentioned in particular the Infiniti Q30 2.0  which undercut all the competition in terms of being a 2 litre turbo with AWD and low miles. If one crops up in that light champagne brown colour I will be tempted as effectively the model range will not look as dated as it wont be superceded with Infiniti pulling out the EU market. Also I do like the Swift Sport in yellow as a cheap fun supermini that's reliable/more practical and not as common as 595s, Fiestas, Polos etc I know the Astra GTC and 308GTI are excellent value also but I cant get passed the badge/looks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

The new Z is growing on me I must admit. Not sure if it is worth £45-50k though. Isnt that good spec Evora 400 , Alfa 4C money, Lexus LC500 money?

I think things happen for a reason to an extent and looking at the wider picture across  the country the the tide is making it more difficult to justify buying a sports car with the  increased congestion in part due to the  whole  green movement (building of new new cycle lanes, widened pavements, electric charging points and ULEZ etc).

I have my eyes on warm hatches as I've mentioned in particular the Infiniti Q30 2.0  which undercut all the competition in terms of being a 2 litre turbo with AWD and low miles. If one crops up in that light champagne brown colour I will be tempted as effectively the model range will not look as dated as it wont be superceded with Infiniti pulling out the EU market. Also I do like the Swift Sport in yellow as a cheap fun supermini that's reliable/more practical and not as common as 595s, Fiestas, Polos etc I know the Astra GTC and 308GTI are excellent value also but I cant get passed the badge/looks

Completely agree the tax man the green lobby (and I am not against sorting pollution out -just ditch old diesel taxis, buses vans and wagons from town centres and you are halfway there!) and manufacturers of batteries will eventually force us off the road. You would have thought the cost of manufacture would be so low now every car would be about the price of a Dacia Duster but no, greed is still there so the average price points have gone through the roof, because they don't expect you to buy them anymore for cash but the drip drip of PCP where it's never really yours and that's only going 1 way - debt and a land full of unsold second hand cars 

But anyway I am a big fan of Infiniti good products not perfect but they are reliable. You will be able to pick up that q30 no problem and you should be able to get parts from Nissan, ( the q30s were made in Sunderland btw ) so parts should be fine. Swift's are cool go for it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Payco said:

What is the official colour of that please. I am looking a darker baby blue as an option for my respray.

It's Ford Grabber Blue (terrible name!!) But my favourite colour or you can just say British Gas blue which looks a bit similar !:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, stanski said:

Haha thank you look in the 'other cars' section I did a piece on it last year. This is the Zed-pee thread I better keep on track.:blink:

Just want to see it in the flesh....

Lovely thing that ... please put more photos in here   :thumbs:

14 hours ago, Payco said:

What is the official colour of that please. I am looking a darker baby blue as an option for my respray.

As much as I like Stan's Stang' . . . he got the wrong blue, Kona Blue FTW B)

Check out ford performance blue if you want a lighter/baby blue with depth ......

ford-performance-blue-jpg.490628

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It would make no sense for Nissan to say it’s not coming out here and to then release it. Better to say that they are considering all possibilities and keep PR going than to say it’s not happening. I agree that hybrids will be their primary goal moving forward, but I also suspect the ZP will last for about ten years including a facelift or two. That seems to be what they do with Zeds these days!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ekona said:

It would make no sense for Nissan to say it’s not coming out here and to then release it. Better to say that they are considering all possibilities and keep PR going than to say it’s not happening. I agree that hybrids will be their primary goal moving forward, but I also suspect the ZP will last for about ten years including a facelift or two. That seems to be what they do with Zeds these days!

They will probably just use the hybrid tech from Infiniti, which has been around for years now, it's there to boost power not fuel efficiency but they never tell the government that, sneaky. :lol:

The Z p will probably be the very last of that type and be around for 10 years as you say. They won't want to spend money on yet another by which time the focus will probably be on milkfloat tech completely by then. 

On 29/09/2020 at 02:20, DoogyRev said:

As much as I like Stan's Stang' . . . he got the wrong blue, Kona Blue FTW B)

Check out ford performance blue if you want a lighter/baby blue with depth ......

ford-performance-blue-jpg.490628

Last word. What can I say I like my primary colours (for age 5 and above) :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 30/09/2020 at 08:16, stanski said:

They will probably just use the hybrid tech from Infiniti, which has been around for years now, it's there to boost power not fuel efficiency but they never tell the government that, sneaky. :lol:

The Z p will probably be the very last of that type and be around for 10 years as you say. They won't want to spend money on yet another by which time the focus will probably be on milkfloat tech completely by then. 

According to the business update from early in the year they want to refresh models every 3.5-4 years as opposed to 10 years. It may be a facelift but they need a different approach to counter low sales in this segment.

Toyota are looking to end the current Supra by 2024-2025 with the GRM version.

• Like 1

So far what do we know about import possibilities and who car reliably source a car. I think id wait over a year or two for depreciation to occur and bag one at an ambitious £30k with 20,000 miles maybe. Obviously shipping would be a container as you dont want pirates getting their grubby hands on the merchandise. What are the costs involved for shipping plus UK conversion of lights/SVA

This is just for general knowledge really things can change. My only experience of import was my moms ML320 V6 from US. Roll on Roll Off costs were around £2500 I think.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.thedrive.com/news/37025/nissan-z-proto-will-reach-production-pretty-much-unchanged-says-nissan-executive

As first thought. Not much will change. Take it or leave it lol

Theres the aftermarket.

Makes no difference to us since its not coming here lol

Edited by GranTurismoEra