New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

4 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Screenshot_20200923_210310.jpg

I suddenly realised why Nissan went for the big cheese grater grill. It's not to take on BMW's new big piggy nose or Audi's Jaws mouth grill it's because no doubt they will be true to form and wave a tin of paint in front of the bodywork, as they always have being wafter thin and looking like a spotty teenager after the first 1000 miles from the stone chips. :bangin:

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

The new M cars are available in Manual from March 2021. The Supra should follow suit at the end of the year maybe

Have you seen how ugly the new M3/M4 is . . I mean WTF is that Grille all about? perhaps the designer knows the new Z Designer :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

So anyone here interested in purchasing this car via importation? Or is it too early to ask the question?

Or is it better to wait a year or two and look at used Zs for a much lower price minus -£10-£15,000 from RRP in JDM?

Too early we need to see it in the flesh really and get a proper review in the UK say from EVO and not winging yanks on YouTube. :lol: 

I think it will look different in the flesh anyway. Let's see

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Apparently the designer came from Kia or someone. Not sure how true. 

I was looking at old 370 nismo threads. I was just wondering why the 370 nismo mark 1 took years to get here? What happened? 

Designer from Kia you say? 

Erm this looks a bit familiar then? Kia stinger gt4?

kia-about-kia-concetp-cars-gt4-stinger-hf1c-4.jpg

Well makes sense.  Just that we aren't in EU after December. Then apparently theres the Paris Agreement. But who really cares. No one takes France seriously anyway. Im just kidding its probably just a name for a piece of paper....to impress greta and her fanclub....Besides those pesky Petrol cars and farty smelling diesels are not going anywhere anytime soon.

Nissan did a european deal with uber regarding the leaf I think so should help push more out.

Theres also the threat of people converting 370Z to 700hp Electric vehicles for 15k. So anything is possible

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, stanski said:

Too early we need to see it in the flesh really and get a proper review in the UK say from EVO and not winging yanks on YouTube. :lol: 

I think it will look different in the flesh anyway. Let's see

By late next year the Manual Supra may be available locally with around 410hp. I guess it depends on preference. I wouldn't rule out a manual ex demo or used Supra over the hassle and costs of importing a Z. The Z will probably depreciate quicker making it tempting for import.

If it releases at £50,000 in Japan. I can see it being £40,000 or less after 10 months and 5000 miles. As time goes on local market will realise the costs and start selling them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stanski said:

I suddenly realised why Nissan went for the big cheese grater grill. It's not to take on BMW's new big piggy nose or Audi's Jaws mouth grill it's because no doubt they will be true to form and wave a tin of paint in front of the bodywork, as they always have being wafter thin and looking like a spotty teenager after the first 1000 miles from the stone chips. :bangin:

Thicker paint is could be a optional extra :lol:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

is that a real thing? If Kia make a GT coupe even petrol/hybrid v6 version that would be great. 

NAA twas the power of a Google search think that was a prototype around 2014. Why don't they ever build cars that people want and look like their concert, honda E case in point. Ace looking concept watered down production.

13 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Honda E coupe is still on the horizon and may be called CRZ apparently. Guys guys we need to buy more Leafs apparently. Cant they make the leaf look like a mercedes EQS? :lol:

They might outsell poor build quality Tesla. 

Not surprised about Tesla , American build isn't it. My Stang has 1970s British Leyland quality panel gaps in places, shocking really and it's not even a Fiat! On the whole it's good for a yank car but still presume they use people to fit the wings etc rather than robots?

I assume you read the same review about Tesla and Range Rover, no surprise with Range Rover how they manage to get away selling stuff that bad for so much money still is beyond me? 

In a similar vein a friend has been given a brand new Aston Martin Vantage ragtop by the insurance whilst his car is in for repair. Pile of pants, had to give it back, boot opens by itself as you drive but won't open when you press the button. The roof has stopped opening and closing, he only had it for 2 days, guess what they replaced it with, yes a Range Rover....:lol: wonder how many days before that has to go back?

I bet the new Zed-pee won't have any issues at all other than the Nissan z paint coming off those tyres, if that reaches production.:blink:

• Like 1