New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

I dont think they should bother with a roadster. Not sure itll be worth it. If they can make the rear lights more prominent and maybe add more of a curve to both edges at the top of the grill then its good to go. 

Side profile and rear is great just the front needs tweaking. 

240, 300zx, 370 all in one. Im glad they didnt go with this red car and went retro and simplified instead.

Screenshot_20200922_170714.jpg

The Roadster is never very well received that's for sure(I do love mine though). 

I recently purchased a book celebrating 50 years of the Z car...and there wasn't a single mention or photo of any of the Roadsters over the years. Much to my disappointment to be fair! :(

43 minutes ago, Lee370Z said:

The Roadster is never very well received that's for sure(I do love mine though). 

I recently purchased a book celebrating 50 years of the Z car...and there wasn't a single mention or photo of any of the Roadsters over the years. Much to my disappointment to be fair! :(

Is it written by Pete evanow? Think i saw it on Amazon

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Its a good car but id like a Turbo next. I've never had a Turbo all NA cars.

Had a 350 and 2 370 Nismos. Tesla Electric SUVs doing sub 4 seconds to the bend. Turbo power is a great counter for that. Lots of tuning potential to build a car Nissan should be building as a trim but wont because of GTR. 

Anywho more sketches/renders 

Screenshot_20200923_130848.jpg

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Its a good car but id like a Turbo next. I've never had a Turbo all NA cars.

Turbos do spoil you in some ways and I've only had a couple of petrol turbos, but I've had a few turbo diesels as well. Prior to 2002(past my test in 1991) everything I had was NA. I've currently got a NA/petrol turbo/diesel turbo so it is nice to compare them. 

The great thing about a turbo(petrol or diesel) is that they feel quicker than they actually are. Whereas most of the NA engines I've had you have to flog them to death to get the performance. So the new Z car with its twin turbo engine really appealed to me. 

31 minutes ago, Lee370Z said:

Turbos do spoil you in some ways and I've only had a couple of petrol turbos, but I've had a few turbo diesels as well. Prior to 2002(past my test in 1991) everything I had was NA. I've currently got a NA/petrol turbo/diesel turbo so it is nice to compare them. 

The great thing about a turbo(petrol or diesel) is that they feel quicker than they actually are. Whereas most of the NA engines I've had you have to flog them to death to get the performance. So the new Z car with its twin turbo engine really appealed to me. 

'appealed'.....Lol what happened? This design 90% wont change. Im just going based of Ariya, Rogue reveals.

Turbo appeals. Ok I still wont be able to accelerate as quick as the average performance Electric. But anything is possible on a winding road/track. With some tuning and even with its stock set up. Hopefully they can tune it similarly to the A45 which I heard is somewhat linear in power delivery or a modern take on turbo charged cars. Could just be chat though. 

I suppose back in the day the sudden kick was more exciting. Now you probably wont be able to tell in a stock car. I went in the 2020 Porsche 911 Carrera 450hp i think. You could tell it was turboed by the whooshing sounds. It probably varies car to car.

Lastly used to watch a guy called enthusiast pov and he had a q60RS with the Z Proto VR with a few mods doing 3.38 0-60 ...and 11 flat 1/4 mile on the dragy. I think he was around 600 bhp though. Q60 weighs 1800kg too lol

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Oh okay. Im not giving up yet. I keep in touch with a hpc sales guy who sells GTRs and GTR Nismos. We shall see lol...I said to him better get on it or its back to selling Jukes and Micras. :lol:

Check this custom exhaust, intake and ECutek from 2 years ago on Q60. Stock Gearbox.. VR30. @hmale4yu

The sound though.....Didnt think it was possible to make a sound like that with turbo. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lee370Z said:

Whereas most of the NA engines I've had you have to flog them to death to get the performance. 

And that my good sir, is exactly why an NA engine is brilliant and will never be beaten by anything with a turbo. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ekona said:

And that my good sir, is exactly why an NA engine is brilliant and will never be beaten by anything with a turbo. 

Agree and an NA engine can be brilliant for sure. :thumbs:

I guess that in my advancing years I have got a little bit lazy though, and I appreciate the benefit of a turbo(especially in a daily driver). :D 

I also like the easier tuning options that you have with turbos. B)

As a general rule for me...I like a turbo in a daily, and an NA in an occasional/weekend car. :)