New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

3 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Well done Davey. Need more of that tbh. Ill do the same despite the obvious answer

I guess nothing official from UK head office. So the press must have got their news from the Nissan press officer.  Really and truly she should have point blank echoed the same statement as the press did but she didnt. So something's not right

Lets all email them to ask the same question!!! That way they'll need to at least get their facts right.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ekona said:

I don’t this obsession with power. Unless you’re tracking it regularly it’s useless, and even then you watch on track how even an old 111R Elise sails past the big guys with billions of horsepower. 

Trust me, even just 160bhp is plenty enough for the roads if driven properly when the car only weighs a ton. I have zero problems keeping up or even leaving behind (at points) a 500bhp Lambo, and I know the skill level of the driver very well. It’s all about how you use it, not how hard you can bury the pedal into the carpet on a motorway slip road. 

Good point about power, comparing sizes etc lol....But you need to feel a bit of an evolution. Also you look at the new £80,000 Evora lightweight and 400hp. You kind of want a bit of everything. 

Some People complained the 370 nismo was slow. As an owner its not a slow car at all. Infact when people get in they are shocked that it doesn't reflect the figures quoted in terms of torque numbers and HP. It feels more. And yes ive been behind RS3 with 400 hp and Mustangs they really need to put in work to get away. Especially on bends.

I agree power isnt everything, balance is more important. Im glad I can take corners with confidence and grip. Its easy to know where the limits are. The car reliably sticks at the limit not suprising you even if traction is broken. Handling is good. But I think it should be competitive power wise with its rivals like the Supra, M2, Z40 and even the Mustang offering superior handling in typical Japanese fashion.

Could be a reason they are coy on power output for now. 

also @davey_83 I emailed them too lol

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

Totally agree on it needing to be competitive power-wise to actually make it a viable competitor to the rivals for the inevitable pub table p*ssing contest, I just find it weird that people are desperate to know the power side before really committing to it. It’s not like a DE 350 is exactly sluggish with just 276 to play with. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ekona said:

Totally agree on it needing to be competitive power-wise to actually make it a viable competitor to the rivals for the inevitable pub table p*ssing contest, I just find it weird that people are desperate to know the power side before really committing to it. It’s not like a DE 350 is exactly sluggish with just 276 to play with. 

loool not at all. Suprisedly Torquey according to my neighbour who had a 440 ft lbs 300hp diesel. Could be because one grips and the other slides all over the gaff and cant put power down effectively at low speeds.

Edited by GranTurismoEra

23 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

loool not at all. Suprisedly Torquey according to my neighbour who had a 440 ft lbs 300hp diesel. Could be because one grips and the other slides all over the gaff and cant put power down effectively at low speeds.

Tyres, tyres, tyres!

Since we won't be getting the new Zed anytime soon, maybe there is an opportunity for a cottage industry to convert q60s (yes all 7 of them) into the new Z - pee. Failing that 370z's rebodied in that new look a bit like Mitsuoka do with Micra's converting to MK2 jags etc?

Plus now we have 3d printing should be easier to do. In fact stuff that I would just print a 240z and have done with it. :lol:

The ironic thing is is that this new retro design is the type of understated design that appeals to Europeans more - had a look elsewhere on the web and the yanks like their sports cars a bit brash & loud when it comes to parting with their cash. Expect the new Z to become highly modded visually from the get go upon release. 

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Skip to near the end he made some adjustments to the grill. 

Three things.

1. Nissan probably already have 50 variations on that grill ready to go and just waiting to see the reaction to the Z-Pee.

2. It's Zed as in Zed not Zeeeeee like weeeee.

3. That guy really needs to get out more.:blink: Turn the computer off luv.

Edited by stanski