New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

From Autocar:

”However, there’s bad news for the UK and mainland Europe: the as-yet-unnamed new model won’t be offered for sale here. In a statement sent to Autocar, Nissan cited a “shrinking European sports car market and specific regulations on emissions” as the reasons why it was “unable to build a viable business case” for the car’s European release”

Oh well. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ekona said:

From Autocar:

”However, there’s bad news for the UK and mainland Europe: the as-yet-unnamed new model won’t be offered for sale here. In a statement sent to Autocar, Nissan cited a “shrinking European sports car market and specific regulations on emissions” as the reasons why it was “unable to build a viable business case” for the car’s European release”

Oh well. 

let me know if you want me to buy one for you, you will need to stump the cost+shipping+my commission :lol:

I think looking at the pics and guesstimating the price point. I would rather have a Mustang Mach1 :stir:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guess its import then lol...All pinch of salt for now

I already messaged a Nissan guy hopefully we can find out whats going on before year end lol. Until then im sure some people wont want to discuss something that may not be coming this way

Things can change and effort could be made for UK market if demand is there. Europe is a different case. Remember Brexit means we dont necessarily have to comply with EU law in its fullest. Maybe someone can fill us in on EU Environmental law and any memberships we hold. Isnt that why we voted out for more freedom and self determination?

Let us know lol

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Weirdly , here in OZ we will be getting the new Z. Surely our market is much smaller than Europe and UK. I think our emissions laws our less stringent which may be the reason why we are getting the Z. So in 2023 we will get a new Z based on an old 370z (which was a re worked 350z)body/chassis with an old infinity engine! 

• Like 1

Pretty gutted that it isn't coming to Europe and Nissan did that with the S15 when I had my S14a 200SX as well. Apart from the front grill looking a bit bland to my eyes, I do like the rest of it though. The interior looks a bit more modern than the 370Z too, and it looks good. 

About bleeding time, do you think they got a new advertising executive with all this drip feeding video, someone who grew up on social media? 

Overall I like the look of it and probably you will need to see it in the flesh to appreciate it. 

I really hope they get away from.black interiors, we need a splash of colour at some point?

I think our 18 year old advertising executive will also have thought up the 'lets get people demanding it in Europe/UK markets'  hence why America will get it before anyone else? Knock them out en masse, pay for the tooling and so on then roll it out here. It's not that uncommon otherwise Doogierev will have a nice business line.

But sticking with my Stang for the foreseeable future until they tax me off the roads.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 2

Messaged a GTR sales guy today from main dealer HPC and he says management have asked for the car in UK. Frankly who cares about Europe. The adaptation for EU will send the prices further up. Brexit :lol:

Speaking of Europe one guy claimed he had to import the 370 nismo to his country. So that might be the case for them. 

Rear lights are too narrow and small.....

Screenshot_20200916_084930.jpg

Screenshot_20200916_084941.jpg

Screenshot_20200916_084951.jpg

Edited by GranTurismoEra

It better Eve tually find its way here. The Z is a hugely popular car but the problem was the 370 never really offered much above a spot and polish on the 350 (sorry owners!) It didn't offer anything new and there were other things on the market. Now though the market looks pretty bare and the proto offers a big step up Vs the 370 I think it would sell pretty decently if given the chance

6 hours ago, Ekona said:

From Autocar:

Oh well. 

*Ahem*.

Where's The G Man when you want to look smug at him?! [/childish].

Anyway, that aside, considering they've "designed" the thing (apparently each end in isolation), they've done a grand job of making sure that two tone paint job doesn't suit it from every single angle.

The interior looks well designed though, so at least anyone who does buy one will see the best angle of it. :lol:

I also predict tyre lettering will make another short resurgence in certain circles (pardon the pun).

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MDMetal said:

It better Eve tually find its way here. The Z is a hugely popular car but the problem was the 370 never really offered much above a spot and polish on the 350 (sorry owners!) It didn't offer anything new and there were other things on the market. Now though the market looks pretty bare and the proto offers a big step up Vs the 370 I think it would sell pretty decently if given the chance

Market is bare? It’s fuller than it’s ever been: M240, Cayman, A110, Mustang, Supra and the venerable TT. In terms of drive alone I would expect the ZP to be better than only the TT out of that bunch. That’s a tough sell. 

And that’s before we get to the mega hatches that the world and his wife seem to want these days. I can see why Nissan won’t bring it here. 

13 minutes ago, MDMetal said:

Only at the right price anything north of £45,000 could be a hard sell.......They probably read the forums over the last 4 years and thought nah f*** that... ungrateful b******s :lol:....

Either way ill wait for more news from actual Nissan workers. Autocar may have jumped the gun to get news out and get people talking. Its not official. Like Stanski said most likely a ploy to test peoples enthusiasm for a new car. Then they can decide.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1