New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

Just now, GranTurismoEra said:

Lol Thats Porsche though. They could recycle and get away with it. Hell the car could look the same for 25 years but whos counting? 

See, I’d argue the 350 to 370 look a hell of a lot closer than the 987 to 981 does. 

And before anyone gets pissy, let’s also remember I bought a 350 over the 987, so I’m not as blinkered as some would believe ;) I don’t think it would be unfair to say that the vast majority of those who have knowledge of cars (pro drivers, journos and enthusiasts alike) would agree that the Cayman has always been a better car than the Z cars. Whether it’s right for the individual is another matter. 

14 minutes ago, pintopete58 said:

Do your history on the engine cayman have a very poor engine build so in my eyes  do you buy the badge or the  quality. This is fun

a guy called bike racer had a 911 turbo but ended up buying a Nismo Supercharged. He also had GTR and M4. There are many that could have bought a lot of things but chose the crappy 370Z lol...I love my crap...It doesnt break like the RS5 diff......officially gassed anyone? 10k bill....ill just call my bank...not to mention my brother bought a 350 off a 911 owner....lol funny Scottish guy..complaints galore....Each to their own....you like what you like....

2 minutes ago, Ekona said:

See, I’d argue the 350 to 370 look a hell of a lot closer than the 987 to 981 does. 

And before anyone gets pissy, let’s also remember I bought a 350 over the 987, so I’m not as blinkered as some would believe ;) I don’t think it would be unfair to say that the vast majority of those who have knowledge of cars (pro drivers, journos and enthusiasts alike) would agree that the Cayman has always been a better car than the Z cars. Whether it’s right for the individual is another matter. 

Lool fair enough. Choosing a Z over a Porsche....Was everything okay back then? No one can argue that a 2.7/3.4 cayman are very good cars. As for reliability not sure. Maybe the new GTS are the go to now. Different strokes I guess. Just have deep pockets and easy on the throttle. Morning prayers before switching on a cold rainy day. 

If the criticism is weight then Nissan are trying to address it with Carbon Fiber production for future products. Gearing thats down to engineers as well as power. By the time all that is ready price of carbon fiber and cars would be slightly up we may be moving away from ICE.

Unless Methanol can be invested in as an alternative. Then we need infrastructure. Whole other discussion.

I've never sat in or driven a Porsche, but the people that have do say that they are amazing. I do love the way that my 370Z makes me feel though. It is rare and very enjoyable to drive/listen to for me. I really like its character, and the german cars that I've had in the past haven't really offered me that character. I like the fact that the 370Z is a little bit rough around the edges. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pintopete58 said:

That's right you like what you like .c5 corvette loved it but I've had my 350 longer funny world 

I think for Z owners is an alternate take on the sports GT area. Also costs and rarity factor are also points. Ill get a cayman as ive been a fan since uni days. Its a great medium between 911 and Boxster. I also think given time the Z could go that route in terms of weight and driveability. My Ideal Z Nismo would be similar to a cayman GT4 power and weight wise. But they are just very different cars. with the former a bit bigger and over 100kg heavier. Interesting to see if the new Z car is Turbo how far they go with the Nismo power and weight?!

@Ekona have you tried the nismo 370 maybe you can compare it with a cayman S or GT4 and see what the differences are. You might prefer the analogue steering in the nismo and the power/weight in the cayman. Handling wise i think they be level in terms of balance and grip. Cayman being lighter probably edges it.

17 minutes ago, Lee370Z said:

I've never sat in or driven a Porsche, but the people that have do say that they are amazing. I do love the way that my 370Z makes me feel though. It is rare and very enjoyable to drive/listen to for me. I really like its character, and the german cars that I've had in the past haven't really offered me that character. I like the fact that the 370Z is a little bit rough around the edges. 

When I traded in the 350Z with its full custom exhaust waking up the town. I felt a bit sad. Being a passenger as the salesman drove it was great. The 370 was a more refined version. Yeah its bulkier and seating position is higher. The extra power was great and increased road presence much better. A bit thirstier but forgiving all the same.

A bit of work could be done to make it better especially extra sound deadening carpets in the trunk and wheel wells. An exhaust and uprated clutch. I went in my brothers naturally aspirated 2015 911 carrera. 350hp. Acceleration 4 seconds and under. Just great noise and character. Noisy exhaust from factory and pdk.

He paid £80,000 used. I got the 350 and 370 before he did. I think i had to agree it was a great car before it got written off. Rare spec. 

Id still class the 370z as refined compared to the 350 DE. Thats just me or maybe I need to raise my standard lol

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Do your own research and you’ll see that the failure rate for the IMS on the M97 was about 5%, not exactly ideal but blown way out of proportion. In every single other aspect the 987 blows the 350/370 out of the water. And let’s not mention the difference in quality between the comparable 981 and 370, especially when the Porker has zero engine issues...

Its also worth mentioning the VQ has had its own issues..... those RevUp's that chewed through oil for example. 

I have been hanging around here since 2008/2009 and there have been plenty of members who's engines have given up the ghost

Edited by DoogyRev
  • Like 2

@GranTurismoEra never drive a Nismo no, but the delicacy of the handling is what makes the Caymanseses such special driving cars. I don’t imagine the Nismo cars even get close to that, not when nothing else that are also considered fantastic drivers cars can. I don’t doubt the Nismo cars are better than the standard ones, but it’s not like the masses rave about them as unnoticed stars tbh. 

This is what concerns me the most about the new Z, being the same old chassis underneath. As fun as the 350 is, chassis design has come on an awful long way over the years, and if you drive one objectively in comparison to almost anything new it will show. Of course the 350 will still be fun, but the new Z needs to be pushing its competitors on more fronts than just dropping a turbo lump with more grunt in it. IMHO, of course. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

When I traded in the 350Z with its full custom exhaust waking up the town. 

Id still class the 370z as refined compared to the 350 DE. Thats just me or maybe I need to raise my standard lol

It is the custom exhaust on my 370Z that I also love so much about it. :thumbs: It is arguably a bit childish and probably a bit too show off...but I love it! :D

Yes and I do read that the 350 is more raw/less refined(I've only had a test drive of one and that was in 2006 so I've forget most of it to be fair!) than the 370.

I've been reading some old reviews on the 350Z recently and they are all pretty much glowing. It is a really well loved car for sure. B) The 370Z doesn't seem to get anywhere near as much love as the 350Z did. 

5 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Thats what it is. As stated at the beginning of the thread. The 'insider'/shareholder story. A heavy facelift....only way it was approved. 

Apologies I didn’t check all 14 pages before making a light hearted comment.

When you say “story” is that an actual story, one of the myriad conjecture pieces or fantasy render 253? 

1 hour ago, SuperStu said:

Apologies I didn’t check all 14 pages before making a light hearted comment.

When you say “story” is that an actual story, one of the myriad conjecture pieces or fantasy render 253? 

lol..... Stories that turned out to be true though in regards to a facelift etc. Youll see how close the renders are in a few minutes. The only thing that will be different will probably the front bumper grill area. 

Page 1 and some other pages I mentioned it being a facelift. Which is why the 370 comments are funny. I expect a physical car too. 

But hey I digress. 

Bringing you the good stuff always! :lol:

Friends?