New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

On 12/09/2020 at 10:11, Ekona said:

Don’t see why they’d go DCT, the only ‘box they have of that type is in the GTR and it’s always been a bit rubbish. Modern autos (esp the ZF units) are pretty much as good as a DCT unless it’s a full-on super sports car you have. Certainly even I would be happy to have one of those boxes in the car, but you’re right about the older autos in the 350/370 being a little bit pony. 

They need a new Auto in this car. 13 year old gearbox lol. In the new Juke they changed to DCT from CVT. So they need to update this. Doesn't bother me as manual is my preference. As the salesman once said when I asked about Automatic in the Nismo. Just drive manual mannn. 

Auto is more expensive but the auto is outdated lol. What are people really paying for? 

from the videos ive seen without being mapped they are a tiny bit laggy. The only time ive heard of a manual being better than the auto was in the M2 but that was hearsay.

Ive never driven a GTR so cant comment on the Auto in that. But the 370 has used the 7 speed Jatco Transmission for over a decade. I rather they use the C63 or 9 speed Auto in the Mercedes C class than the Jatco. Just not sure how reliable they are, but they are more up to date. Theyll need to build a DCT gearbox Possibly that can handle the power safely

Edited by GranTurismoEra

7 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Just had a read up, can’t find the exact model used in the Q60 (assuming they’re use the same auto in the Z), but it’s soundly trashed as being much slower than ze German cars. Bugger. :( 

Carbon Fiber is the new focus apparently. Lots of investment going into that area. Not sure a new gearbox is priority. If that's the case it will probably be the GTR transmission. Pricier Auto version. 3.9 seconds pay up! 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

I’d suspect they’ll use the Q60 auto, purely for cost purposes and just send the manual out for reviews. No need to worry about a slower car if there’s never a bad word said about it, and arguably if you absolutely want the auto you won’t care if it’s another crappy slusher. 

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

from the videos ive seen without being mapped they are a tiny bit laggy. The only time ive heard of a manual being better than the auto was in the M2 but that was hearsay.

Most modern automatics (bar the CVT) are actually more efficient in regards to fuel and speed than manuals. Performance depends on how aggressive its "tuned" and how acceptable its service schedule is. 

Golf R DSG gave me the education and experience I needed to be happy to go auto. 

8 minutes ago, pintopete58 said:

As with alot of cars the zed is so underrated better than boxster &  cayman 

the only way a Z is better than a Porker is on the price. Given the choice of the two I would bet most people would go with the Porker. 

11 minutes ago, pintopete58 said:

Do your history on the engine cayman have a very poor engine build so in my eyes  do you buy the badge or the  quality. This is fun

Do your own research and you’ll see that the failure rate for the IMS on the M97 was about 5%, not exactly ideal but blown way out of proportion. In every single other aspect the 987 blows the 350/370 out of the water. And let’s not mention the difference in quality between the comparable 981 and 370, especially when the Porker has zero engine issues...

• Thanks 1