New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

19 minutes ago, Lee370Z said:

I will admit that I do quite like the heated/cooled seats in my Roadster! :thumbs:

I wouldn't say no to a heated steering wheel though, and I've never had a car with that. B)

living in Canada its a must TBH . . . you can't beat nice warm hands on a freezing (-20C) cold day B)

• Like 1

Manual box wasn't an issue all along. Tried and tested at Arizona Proving Grounds and tested at SEMA. Putting some of that investment to good use.  I never drive with the synchro rev off anyway. Short shifter too. I think for the Auto they should offer both paddle shift and tip tronic. It will probably be kept simpler

Needs a serious exhaust. It won't sound as glorious as a VQ but we,ll get the pops, farts and bangs. 

Might be better of staying stock! 

With a GPF it’s never going to sound as good even as the 370 I suspect, but hey we all love an aftermarket exhaust anyway! 

When you say “paddle shift and tiptronic”, what do you mean? I’ve always considered them the same thing, a manual way of changing gear via the steering wheel. It’ll be paddles not buttons regardless. I just hope the manual outsells turns auto by a hefty margin. 

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

With a GPF it’s never going to sound as good even as the 370 I suspect, but hey we all love an aftermarket exhaust anyway! 

When you say “paddle shift and tiptronic”, what do you mean? I’ve always considered them the same thing, a manual way of changing gear via the steering wheel. It’ll be paddles not buttons regardless. I just hope the manual outsells turns auto by a hefty margin. 

You remember the older e46 bmw 3 series with the option to change gear on the shifter i.e the 328ci etc. Usually up - forward and down backwards. 

In certain cars it would be reversed for shift up backwards etc which is even better

Like a short shift sequential shifter. Its the old German auto style before paddle shifts were a thing. 

That involved foot on the brake then moving the gear lever to the side where the +/- is. When on the move you dont need to do much except shift the gear lever an inch with the tip of your fingers 

In the old mercs it was usually left or right. A bit weird, for the country lanes. My mates 4 series had it as he didnt have paddle shifters, not the Sport version.

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Previously suspected a 50/50 chance of live/cgi reveal. I can safely say it most likely be a live viewing at the New Yokohama Pavilion with video footage of it on the move being driven on a road. Interior and Exterior footage and good old presentation!

Physical car exists in the flesh as a prototype. Makes me think the car was built a while ago.

Happy days

Edited by GranTurismoEra

26 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

You remember the older e46 bmw 3 series with the option to change gear on the shifter i.e the 328ci etc. Usually up - forward and down backwards. 

In certain cars it would be reversed for shift up backwards etc which is even better

Like a short shift sequential shifter. Its the old German auto style before paddle shifts were a thing. 

That involved foot on the brake then moving the gear lever to the side where the +/- is. When on the move you dont need to do much except shift the gear lever an inch with the tip of your fingers 

In the old mercs it was usually left or right. A bit weird, for the country lanes. My mates 4 series had it as he didnt have paddle shifters, not the Sport version.

Oh you just mean the option of changing gear by pushing the stick as well as paddles. Waste of time tbh, no one actually uses that when you have paddles as it doesn’t add anything to the experience. Think I tried it twice on my old car, then realised I was missing the point somewhat :lol: 

2 hours ago, Ekona said:

Oh you just mean the option of changing gear by pushing the stick as well as paddles. Waste of time tbh, no one actually uses that when you have paddles as it doesn’t add anything to the experience. Think I tried it twice on my old car, then realised I was missing the point somewhat :lol: 

................................................................................................... ^^^ THIS IS TRUE ^^^ ...................................................................................................

Edited by ATTAK Z

Don’t see why they’d go DCT, the only ‘box they have of that type is in the GTR and it’s always been a bit rubbish. Modern autos (esp the ZF units) are pretty much as good as a DCT unless it’s a full-on super sports car you have. Certainly even I would be happy to have one of those boxes in the car, but you’re right about the older autos in the 350/370 being a little bit pony. 

23 hours ago, AMT said:

Genuinely looking forward to this, even though I won't be able to buy one lol  I agree they could have kept it at lower revs for the ad, no one wants to hear 'wheezing' :lol:

The world of Turbo..... wheezing, wooshing and heavy breathing. Then again it sounded NA 

Edited by GranTurismoEra