New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

On 04/09/2020 at 16:43, GranTurismoEra said:

I think theyve gone with simpler, cleaner design and it will be the same on the interior in terms of clean and uncluttered. A screen replacing the current infotainment buttons. The bonnet also has an HR look to it only that the hump has been moved forward

I think the new F type front lights work better for a future model. The boomerang was their signature before. This type of day time running light is somewhat unique. The grill looks like one of the renders from few weeks ago

With Aftermarket youll probably have a choice of different honeycomb, patterned grills and front bumpers. Id do something with the grill if it came like this or can always add some details if its plain plastic

Screenshot_20200904_164314.jpg.4a58f85cbe4de7589d317bfdd6ece06a.jpg

Did they ask chevy for help on the front bumper 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Lee370Z said:

I think that generally the shape/design of the 350Z really hit the spot. Whereas the 370Z wasn't anywhere near as well received shape/design wise. Also I don't think that the fact that the Nissan Juke has very similar front/rear lights as the 370Z helps its cause either! :cry:

They could have gone for Skyline type or 458 style rear lights. Then they would say poor mans Ferrari or wana be GTR. 

Guaranteed this time it wont look like a Juke. Its going to be toned down from the 370 and less curves. I remember a few people saying they want to be able to move around without standing out too much and a unique look aka Alpine doesn't mean its good . So what is it going to be :lol:

I personally would have gone with slim headlights similar to the new 2020 Jaguar but slightly higher up. Then day time running lights similar to the new SL. Still a boomerang in a way but slicker.Doubling up as turn signals

At the back tinted glass backing along with gloss black fibreglass in the middle section where the Nissan logo would go etc. Id keep the lights the same but slim LED lamps. Just using the Audi style turn signals. 

Front grill similar but a nice matt black or matt grey honeycomb mesh grill with bumper protruding the grill. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

I thought they go with an screen and ac controls similar to the 370 ipad mod looks like itd be similar to other nissans hmmm....

I guess we,ll wait till next week. Not a fan of cupholders anywhere near the gear lever. The pod gauges should be there but the screen remains a similar size

Screenshot_20200907_110534.jpg

Edited by GranTurismoEra

8 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Screenshot_20200907_112424.jpg

Screenshot_20200907_112456.jpg

Yes I saw this video. Will be interesting to see if the front and rear lights match. Like it or not the 370z boomerangs make the front and back of the car match. Something about the GTR and new Benzes where the front and rear don't really match well with one another esp the GTR. 

No match this time. Ones a wide 4 rectangular neon style tubes at the back and a spherical shape lamp at the front.

Maybe they should go with a single lens similar to the current Zed and have an SL Mercedes day time running diagonally above and around it. Change the lamp at the front. That way you have wider lamp at the front to try match the rear. Tbh thats virtually the same as the 370 and many werent fans of that light design.

43 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

No match this time. Ones a wide 4 rectangular neon style tubes at the back and a spherical shape lamp at the front.

Maybe they should go with a single lens similar to the current Zed and have an SL Mercedes day time running diagonally above and around it. Change the lamp at the front. That way you have wider lamp at the front to try match the rear. Tbh thats virtually the same as the 370 and many werent fans of that light design.

I do like the 370z lights but I wouldn't want them like that again. That style has been and gone, these days it's all about the eyebrows and fancy matrix LED lights. Were also a PITA to polish the haze from and wrap. 

Not expecting fancy German lights but something with integrated DRL instead of the bolt ons that came along. 

Just a week left till unveil, we more or less know what to expect with the exterior. Just waiting to see what theyve done on the interior.

Im guessing stitched look high positioned slim line dash. 6-7 inch touch screen with gauge pods on top possibly a different style. Its possible theyve integrated AC controls into the infotainment system. Hopefully not

Im hoping for 4 circular vents. I'm guessing that may not be the case. Ambient lighting I doubt it. Leather seats, Leather gear knob, Leather steering wheel. Matte look leather in some places. Hoping for some contrast on the interior so it doesn't look too dull. Leather knee pads or Alcantara

Hopefully you can select the stitch colour on seats and steering wheel and dash. 

Why am I thinking interior could be make or break as well as design of the lights and back of the car

Edited by GranTurismoEra

17 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Why am I thinking interior could be make or break as well as design of the lights and back of the car

I've been out in my 370Z today(the first time in 4 weeks) and I will admit that I did think how low rent the interior felt(nothing terribly wrong with it build wise but it just looks quite cheap in places). So as you say it would be great if Nissan have made improvements in that regard. 

Don't get me wrong I love my 370Z to bits though and it always puts a smile on my face, but the interior isn't exactly plush feeling(its probably not mean't to be though to be fair). 

I'm getting excited about this new one for sure. :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Just a week left till unveil, we more or less know what to expect with the exterior. Just waiting to see what theyve done on the interior.

Im guessing stitched look high positioned slim line dash. 6-7 inch touch screen with gauge pods on top possibly a different style. Its possible theyve integrated AC controls into the infotainment system. Hopefully not

Im hoping for 4 circular vents. I'm guessing that may not be the case. Ambient lighting I doubt it. Leather seats, Leather gear knob, Leather steering wheel. Matte look leather in some places. Hoping for some contrast on the interior so it doesn't look too dull. Leather knee pads or Alcantara

Hopefully you can select the stitch colour on seats and steering wheel and dash. 

One thing I noticed about the stitching is that it hints towards a yellow/green coloured car? Wait and see I guess

I think the inevitable comparison to the 370z will be made but its important to note that the 370z had almost 4 visual iterations of facelift (fanged, defanged, Nismo Mk1, Nismo Mk2 and the final runs with darkened lights & diamond cut rims) - I think that the early 370z will obviously look dated to this new car but what will be interesting imo is to see how it looks compared to a Nismo Mk2

Edited by hmale4yu

23 minutes ago, hmale4yu said:

I think that the early 370z will obviously look dated to this new car but what will be interesting imo is to see how it looks compared to a Nismo Mk2

I think that the Nismo MK2 still looks lovely and purposeful even now for sure. B) I'd love one. :wub:

I'm just not quite so keen on the muted standard exhaust and the fake noise in the cabin though. Those parts of it really don't match up to the looks for me. Obviously it is a fairly easy fix though. 

1 hour ago, Lee370Z said:

I think that the Nismo MK2 still looks lovely and purposeful even now for sure. B) I'd love one. :wub:

I'm just not quite so keen on the muted standard exhaust and the fake noise in the cabin though. Those parts of it really don't match up to the looks for me. Obviously it is a fairly easy fix though. 

Hi matey i have a mk2 nismo totally agree the exausts are way too quiet, i am waiting for a Greddy evolution gt cat back to arrive which will sort exaust tone, i think there's a fuse you can pull to delete enhanced sound, i stand to be corrected 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Maybe they are going to steal some of the interior/tech from the new Quahqui/Rogue

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/09/new-nissan-qashqai-spied-inside-and-out-will-feature-a-digital-instrument-cluster/

Cripes, that centre display is fugly! Make it sit flush not stick out like a tacky add on ffs. 

Digital dash is a good shout, would hope to see that in there. Then again, if they’re going retro then maybe stick with regular dials?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ekona said:

Cripes, that centre display is fugly! Make it sit flush not stick out like a tacky add on ffs. 

Digital dash is a good shout, would hope to see that in there. Then again, if they’re going retro then maybe stick with regular dials?  

White face dials may be 

1 hour ago, SuperStu said:

Crikey I hope not. I'm browsing a lot of Pork on autotrader these days and they seem to think white is an upgrade over black :shrug:

Agreed, massively prefer the classic black dials but white seems to be the standard. I looked at swapping the ones in my old car but it was very cost-prohibitive at the time. 

21 hours ago, Lee370Z said:

I've been out in my 370Z today(the first time in 4 weeks) and I will admit that I did think how low rent the interior felt(nothing terribly wrong with it build wise but it just looks quite cheap in places). So as you say it would be great if Nissan have made improvements in that regard. 

Don't get me wrong I love my 370Z to bits though and it always puts a smile on my face, but the interior isn't exactly plush feeling(its probably not mean't to be though to be fair). 

I'm getting excited about this new one for sure. :D

I have to say I had a bit hope when the interior of the Juke was shown late last year. Nissan really stepped up their game. I hope they can go one further with this car. Since they did with the Ariya. Just need functional and good looking. Not necessarily snazzy and  techy like the Ariya

2 hours ago, SuperStu said:

Crikey I hope not. I'm browsing a lot of Pork on autotrader these days and they seem to think white is an upgrade over black :shrug:

lol white dials like Type R....wow hope not. Was great 10 15 years ago. Digital dash not synonymous with Nissan tbh. Would be nice to get a virtual cockpit but id say 45% chance 

Judging by the previous trailer in which they showed a 280zx/300zx z31 digital dash...theres still a good chance.

Can a digital dash be considered retro i suppose depends on the style. Any IBM AS400 looking font is retro :lol: