New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

I think theyve gone with simpler, cleaner design and it will be the same on the interior in terms of clean and uncluttered. A screen replacing the current infotainment buttons. The bonnet also has an HR look to it only that the hump has been moved forward

I think the new F type front lights work better for a future model. The boomerang was their signature before. This type of day time running light is somewhat unique. The grill looks like one of the renders from few weeks ago

With Aftermarket youll probably have a choice of different honeycomb, patterned grills and front bumpers. Id do something with the grill if it came like this or can always add some details if its plain plastic

Screenshot_20200904_164314.jpg.4a58f85cbe4de7589d317bfdd6ece06a.jpg

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Ekona said:

But why is the rear so square?? Looks awful, like a bad veilside design. 

I agree think the rear arch has that Bentley/F type look to it and the 370z had a very muscular look to it in contrast with the massive rear wheel arches. This model may not have any signature hall mark features except for the rear lights and Z badge on the C pillar

5 hours ago, Ekona said:

But why is the rear so square?? Looks awful, like a bad veilside design. 

the flat back is meant to be a take on the 300ZX and 240Z....lots of people didnt like the boomerang signature Nissan lights on the 370

I doubt the car will look any different than this. So some of the renderings have been very close. 10 days to go I bet this rendering here is the closest.

IMG_20200904_203653_768.jpg

Edited by GranTurismoEra

But then it’s just a prototype, so a test on what the public like before they release the watered-down version. You’d hope the final version is more cohesive. 

Who didn’t like the boomerang lights on the 370? They’re perfect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

the flat back is meant to be a take on the 300ZX and 240Z....lots of people didnt like the boomerang signature Nissan lights on the 370

I love my 370Z don't get me wrong, but I have to admit that I still find the boomerang lights pretty marmite for sure. So if I'm honest I can understand why Nissan do feel the need for a change in direction(or a nod to the past). :thumbs:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

Personally its not for me, dred to think what the watered down version may look like:blush:

The production model Nissan Ariya is exactly the same as the concept. It may change according to feedback. Unlikely though.

The nod to the past is what a lot of people asked for in US. Thats why they went that direction. Same with the supposed VR30 engine. Theyve only done what people have asked for the last 4 years. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ekona said:

Who didn’t like the boomerang lights on the 370? They’re perfect. 

*Raises hand*

I still recall the comment when the 370 was launched (all those many years ago); “styling tweaks include taking a 350Z and putting a pair of Dame Edna’s glasses on it”.

• Like 3

... and those fangs on the 370 ... argggghhhhhh !!! ... the 370 did get better, especially in the later Nismo versions, but it was a styling disaster compared to the 350 !

In my humble opinion the addition of a bit lot  of retro is good, and that's why I like the new Zed. The 260 will always be my favourite from a styling point of view though.

Edited by ATTAK Z

I still can’t make my mind up on the concept. I quite like the modern retro logic with throwbacks to previous models

The rear will make or break it. The orange photo doesn’t flow well at all but the white sketch with more obvious Z32 tails looks great

4 minutes ago, ATTAK Z said:

I don't see any ducktails and what's that image all about ?

Talking about if they do have a flat rear end to the car it will give after market tuners a chance to run a ducktail option 

the gif was Ryan Reynolds drooling 

7 hours ago, Ekona said:

Well consider me told, I never knew they were so divisive!

I think that generally the shape/design of the 350Z really hit the spot. Whereas the 370Z wasn't anywhere near as well received shape/design wise. Also I don't think that the fact that the Nissan Juke has very similar front/rear lights as the 370Z helps its cause either! :cry:

• Like 2