New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

beat me to it. But thats what we want....

2022 exceeds the Nissan Next programme. Its possible due to lower production rates and covid 19 measures. 2021 hopefully will be the year every business sees a recovery.

Lots of revelations regarding Covid not being as dramatic as first thought..... should speed up return of business operations. Let's see

An end to end LED night light/brake light would be good. Those lights look like they should be on the Qashqai

IMG_20200827_222808_380.jpg

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Let’s be honest, it doesn’t matter what the car looks like, what it’s called, how much power it’s got, whether it’s NA, charged or battery powered. The only thing that matters, truly matters, the only thing that’ll make anyone actually buy it is if they put pretty tyres on it.

C’mon Nissan, give the people what they want already!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ilogikal1 said:

Let’s be honest, it doesn’t matter what the car looks like, what it’s called, how much power it’s got, whether it’s NA, charged or battery powered. The only thing that matters, truly matters, the only thing that’ll make anyone actually buy it is if they put pretty tyres on it.

C’mon Nissan, give the people what they want already!!

Haha, probably be Bridgestone S001 standard OEM spec in 19" (S007 if 20")

20 hours ago, DoogyRev said:

This also looks more like a modern day Datsun Sunny than a Z car 

5650816553_0c55d48767_b.jpg

:lol:

That’ll be the “retro-inspired re-skin” that was... promised (? - threatened may be more accurate!).

Still, all the enthusiasts here will buy one anyway because someone glued a Z badge to it, so “heritage”. Or something. 

It’s a good point, who knows what will be out in three years time? Refresh of the Supra will almost be here if not already, most likely a new TT, def a new Cayman, plus the usual Golf R/1-series/A-class contenders that dominate this price point now. A 400Z would have to be incredible to be a sales success, and even that guarantees nothing (Alpine says hello). 

Not saying it won’t be of course, we know Nissan can do great cars when they want to. 

The longer they leave it the more likely they will change any original ideas they had. It may mean petrol hybrid opf filters and more gadgets. "Traditional" talk from Uchida is talk

No doubt Nissan could make an electric performance car that would do 0-60 in 3 seconds flat to keep up with the competition. Im just wondering if the market would have shifted by then 

Electric performance right now is in the 4 door family car arena. 

Any delays just increases the likelihood of a cancellation for a purely petrol car....

2021 is a better timing than 2023....when most manufacturers would be looking more towards hybrid assisted or lower capacity turboed engines

I know Porsche are in no hurry but cant help but think we have 9 years to go.....on new pure ice vehicles

Edited by GranTurismoEra

34 minutes ago, neo said:

sounds like it'll just be a 370z with chassis tweaks, different engine and a different shell :shrug:

At least it will be a slightly bigger change than the 350Z to the 370Z was though, because the engine will at least be different. Instead of it only being a different shell and chassis tweaks like the 370Z was over the 350Z, but still sticking with the same engine.

I'm still really looking forward to it, and I'm grateful that we are actually even getting another Z car in the current climate for sure. At least the Z legacy will continue. B)

4 hours ago, neo said:

sounds like it'll just be a 370z with chassis tweaks, different engine and a different shell :shrug:

I would be ok with that, as long as the tweaks improve it and it looks the part. 

A for going retro . . . I hope they don't think Tape Decks are retro, although the tape deck in my 350 made a useful phone holder slot  :lol:

• Haha 2

Rumour has it that, in acknowledgement of “recent” trends for multimedia entertainment systems in cars these days, along with most of the world’s population moving/having moved away from DVD’s & CD’s (ahem, recent...) in favour of streaming digital media instead and the rise of internet connected in-car entertainment systems, Nissan plan on installing all it’s new models with VHS tape decks from 2021. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3