New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

17 hours ago, Ekona said:

Four cylinder with a manual as per the Z4 would be a good drive, less weight albeit with an inferior soundtrack. 

I have a manual gearbox mated to the same engine(detuned) as the Supra in my F56 Cooper S. It is an inferior soundtrack I agree, although both the 4 cylinder(B48) and 6 cylinder(B58) engines have piped in noise through the speakers...so I guess that it isn't that much different anyway from inside! :D

Outside the B58 engine does sound sweet for sure. B)

22 hours ago, Ekona said:

Four cylinder with a manual as per the Z4 would be a good drive, less weight albeit with an inferior soundtrack. 

Then fans would say it should have been a Silvia reborn. etc

A Silvia thats costs around the same as an MX5 2.0 with Targa option 2 + 2. Useable back seats and boot. Would be interesting. 

2 hours ago, Ekona said:

I’d rather have real noise that’s quiet than fake noise that’s loud. 

I understand why BMW use a sound actuator with the 2.0 L 4 cylinder(B48) because it would sound poor I reckon if they piped in real noise. Whereas I'd prefer piped in real noise from the 3.0L 6 cylinder(B58) because at least that is a nice engine to start with I reckon.

I've never understood why BMW also use a sound actuator in the M4 as well. That engine should sound alright without it too I reckon. 

On 03/08/2020 at 20:01, Lee370Z said:

I understand why BMW use a sound actuator with the 2.0 L 4 cylinder(B48) because it would sound poor I reckon if they piped in real noise. Whereas I'd prefer piped in real noise from the 3.0L 6 cylinder(B58) because at least that is a nice engine to start with I reckon.

I've never understood why BMW also use a sound actuator in the M4 as well. That engine should sound alright without it too I reckon. 

Problem is it doesn't, not really. Nowadays they make up for it with pops, bangs and crackles.

Just not the same. But a stock 350Z with standard exhaust sounds really good. The 370 nowhere near as good without an exhaust

2 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Problem is it doesn't, not really. Nowadays they make up for it with pops, bangs and crackles.

Just not the same. But a stock 350Z with standard exhaust sounds really good. The 370 nowhere near as good without an exhaust

I've just had a M4 Convertible go pass me while I've been walking, and it did sound very try hard regards the pops/bangs I agree. 

I also think that the 350(as standard) does sound better than the 370(as standard) for some reason. I do love the noise that my 370 makes with the HFC's and the aftermarket stainless exhaust that I have on it though for sure. B)

2 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

Stock 350Z with a standard exhaust sounds gash. That’s why literally everyone changes it.

I went to Mablethorpe before lockdown and we saw a standard 350 Roadster drive past us, and my daughter said to me why can't I hear it like yours Dad?!  I said to her that most performance cars are really quiet on their standard exhausts sadly. 

• Like 1

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/toyota-supra-upgrade-to-fend-off-nissan-400z-125472

Toyota not worried about Nissan announcement and plan to update Supra yearly in other markets. The 2021 in US is coming with over 400hp and tweaked suspension. Followed by a Manual. Releasing GRMN version in 2 years time using next Gen M3 engine (twin turbo S58) apparently with 500hp.

Need more info from Nissan regarding the GT let alone any Nismo version. Maybe they are waiting till October/November which around one year from expected release.

With a full reveal early next year

Edited by GranTurismoEra

• 2 weeks later...

Secrecy or uncertainty?

Sounds like he’s not being deliberately vague but rather, as it’s not a priority (by his own admission), Nissan just haven’t laid out the far end of the growth plan in detail yet; get the electric crossovers and £5bn loss sorted then discuss the low production, low revenue models, in essence.

Thats what I take from it anyway. Just so that G Man can quote me in a couple of years when they finally get around to it and laugh at how “wrong” I am.

• Haha 2

They dont want to promise any dates. Many countries are going through recession. The Nissan Next projects are mostly scheduled for next year when they hope things will return to normal

Lol I wouldn't worry about quotes, hes only going in on you as you lot weren't exactly light footed in threads regarding a new Z. As the youngsters would say. Most of the time Savage.

And another member went full kamikaze resulting to petty insults.

Water under the bridge now. Looking forward. People still have a right to discuss whether hopeful or doubtful and share opinions! 

I can pull up threads from 2017-2019 all that would do is wind people up and cause more arguments. Then ill have members thinking "this guy again" :lol: 

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

They dont want to promise any dates. Many countries are going through recession. The Nissan Next projects are mostly scheduled for next year when they hope things will return to normal

Lol I wouldn't worry about quotes, hes only going in on you as you lot weren't exactly light footed in threads regarding a new Z. As the youngsters would say. Most of the time Savage.

And another member went full kamikaze resulting to petty insults.

Water under the bridge now. Looking forward. People still have a right to discuss whether hopeful or doubtful and share opinions! 

I can pull up threads from 2017-2019 all that would do is wind people up and cause more arguments. Then ill have members thinking "this guy again" :lol: 

Don't know what guy your talking about :stir:

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 13:07, Ekona said:

Piped noise :rtfm:

How fantastic it can be:

The engine’s induction and exhaust soundtrack are channelled into the LFA’s cabin,

so people on board can enjoy the experience as much as those on the outside.

https://media.lexus.co.uk/2009/12/sounds-spectacular/

Neo - nice link

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1