New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

Most automotive car makers are also in debt, pretty much in line with with their relative size of business. You also have to look at the context, VAG makes around a quarter of a trillion Euros in sales revenue per year. 

7 hours ago, Umster said:

Especially if its bang average :p still to see a review of the 370z which calls it a decent car. Its always deemed "underwhelming". 

I've got faith in Nissan to make a good value car. 

yeah in comparison to what? A Posha that costs £47,000 at the base for the 4 cylinder. Journalists need to get real when making comparisons.

Comparing a rideable Zebra Donkey to a Full fledged race horse isnt a thing. The R and D is just on a different level. We accept that lol

5 hours ago, msitpro said:

VR30DETT - can see them being monsters... 700-800whp stock block maybe?

Edit - although would need E85/102 octane + ... Maybe 600whp on UK 98 RON? Hmm

Has been tried and tested. I think injectors and some other bits were the weak points. Maybe that why its the expected go to for an engine but id say 90% guaranteed. Its ready, with some tweaks for emissions and efficiency could be potent. 

Id like the final models late in development to add a hybrid battery which would help with acceleration and driving around town before going fully Electric.

If they go fully Electric im not sure they be willing to do what they did with the leaf race car. Adding 2 x 120kw batteries with 0-60 in 3.4 seconds. I mean going by the kia niro 64kw costs £37,000. It may be cheaper in 5 years we shall see.

Then its not a Z anymore. Just a Nissan Leaf in a bodykit

Edited by GranTurismoEra

4 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

I dont normally buy new but managed to get a 370 nismo for just under 30k i think i had a bargain 

I must have been lucky as I pulled out of one that BMW were selling and found a 4 month old ex demo with 3k miles for 26k was meant to be 30k. A new one one at that price is how much they should be selling for now as theyre end of life practically.

On 27/07/2020 at 11:47, Ekona said:

They really don’t. The 911 sells twice as much as the 718 series put together, in any region. And those sales are about 20% of how many Cayennes and Macans they sell! 

But really who cares about how many cars VAG sell, that’s a massive company who have huge successes across all segments. Nissan have to be way more careful, and if they are delaying the GTR then the new Zed has to be even more important to them as a halo model. 

Bit like between R34 and R35 era... The 350Z was launched right in the middle and carried the candle.

But the 350Z was a brand new car offering the enthusiast a budget but muscular drivers car, not a rehash of a ten year old model with an auto box and a price tag that won’t let them get away with poor plastics inside again. 

Look, even I realise how negative I sound. If it comes out and it’s modern but classic, offering two transmissions and an engine that’s genuinely interesting for a price that dips under the £40k tax barrier, then I’ll be very interested. Hell, if it can offer three of those I’ll still take a serious look. 

4 hours ago, Ekona said:

But the 350Z was a brand new car offering the enthusiast a budget but muscular drivers car, not a rehash of a ten year old model with an auto box and a price tag that won’t let them get away with poor plastics inside again. 

Look, even I realise how negative I sound. If it comes out and it’s modern but classic, offering two transmissions and an engine that’s genuinely interesting for a price that dips under the £40k tax barrier, then I’ll be very interested. Hell, if it can offer three of those I’ll still take a serious look. 

Yeah that would be a feat.  In 2015/16 Ford did just that, muscular drivers car, option of two transmissions, very interesting engine for 35k.  The downside, if it can be described as that, is, the next manifestation will be hybrid.  That’s what I believe Nissan will do with the next gen Z, I’d say it’s almost a certainty.

who knows, but the naysayers on a new Z were wrong, as has been said, it’s hilarious to read back on the threads to those purporting that there would be no new Z.  Whatever it is, it’ll be interesting and provoke interest, positive and negative.

How can anyone on this community not be enthusiastic at the prospect of a new Z?

Comments like, ‘I’ll never buy one’, who cares, we have no idea what it is, but we know now that it is on the way, looking forward to it arriving :)

• Like 3

I guess people can’t afford to be blinkered and get excited by a new car just because it has a certain badge. It has to be a decent product, simply being cheap or more of the same won’t wash. 

Ford got it spot-on with the Mustang, it’s continued success today proves what a perfect product it actually was. 

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

I guess people can’t afford to be blinkered and get excited by a new car just because it has a certain badge. It has to be a decent product, simply being cheap or more of the same won’t wash. 

Ford got it spot-on with the Mustang, it’s continued success today proves what a perfect product it actually was. 

There's always going to be some brand snobbery and reverse snobbery. Hell, even car type snobbery exists (people get upset when hot hatches cross a certain £ threshold), but it seems we're in an age now where loads of new (or not previously considered interesting) brands can chuck out an I-30 N or a Kia Stinger.

Which is brilliant, and also I don’t think you can buy a bad car any more, standards have really come up over the last ten years or so which has led to finer details being the difference between it being a car people will buy or leave on the showroom floor. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ekona said:

Yes the Mustang was an amazing launch, totally nailed it and the new Z needs to be exactly that. As Dan says, just because I have tonnes of posts on here and owned a zed doesn't mean I will be running out the door the day the next one is launched with my finance sorted and throw it down on the table at my nearest Nissan dealer - I am open to quite a lot of brands (I drive a Vauxhall and proudly keep the badges on it FFS!) and I loved my zed but am very open to other cars and what new experiences they bring, and if the new Z is a just not on par with its peers I wont go near it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see the new Z iteration now we have something worth looking at and are free of the endless rehashed rumours that circulated for years, but in the same way I was excited about the Mustang launch, the Supra launch and so on.

Edited by coldel
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, coldel said:

Yes the Mustang was an amazing launch, totally nailed it and the new Z needs to be exactly that. As Dan says, just because I have tonnes of posts on here and owned a zed doesn't mean I will be running out the door the day the next one is launched with my finance sorted and throw it down on the table at my nearest Nissan dealer - I am open to quite a lot of brands (I drive a Vauxhall and proudly keep the badges on it FFS!) and I loved my zed but am very open to other cars and what new experiences they bring, and if the new Z is a just not on par with its peers I wont go near it.

Which on the whole is correct, if it’s not up to it’s peers at similar price, who would go near it.  It doesn’t stop you from being interested in it though.  The point being, on here, WE are interested in the Z heritage.

Also, it’s coming, that should be scope enough for being positive about it, if it turns out cack, then stay away, simple formula there.  No one is advocating in the slightest running to the nearest dealer with a big bag of money and immediately throwing it down on one blind, I must have missed that on all the threads re this subject.

What I didn’t miss was the negativity to this car, from the ones who said it would never happen, after it happened :lol:

Oh, Nissan posted profits down 10%, so it may be delayed :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

...see my amend to that post above. I am excited about it, but not just because its a Z but because its a new iteration of car in a segment I take a lot of interest in. Sorry if thats offensive to some people on here but ultimately thats their issue to contend with, not mine. And reading back the posts, sure there were some that said it wont ever happen (and it still hasnt ;) ) but also that it was that some people just wanted new news not just the same old news with slightly different text associated with it - which I don't think is an unfair comment to make. 

3 hours ago, The G Man said:

No one is advocating in the slightest running to the nearest dealer with a big bag of money and immediately throwing it down on one blind, I must have missed that on all the threads re this subject.

At least one person has said exactly that, scarily enough!

I’m interested in a new Zed, but it doesn’t excite me from what I’ve heard and seen so far and how the car industry has evolved in recent times. The recent MX5 facelift/power hike and the 4.0L engine in a standard 718 have been about as exciting as it’s gotten for me, pure cars with more power :) 

I just love the Zeds history and legacy. B)

I've always liked the 240Z and I really wanted a 90's 300ZX twin turbo too. Then when I drove a new 350Z back in 2006...I knew that I would love to have a Z of some description one day. :)

Hence why I'd love to see the Z car legacy continue with the 400Z. It will be an added bonus for me personally if it is twin turbo as well because it will also have an easy tuning potential. :drive1

My 370Z isn't fast and it isn't expensive either, but that doesn't stop me loving it to bits, and really enjoying the way that it drives also. :D

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Lee370Z said:

I just love the Zeds history and legacy. B)

This. 

Every one of us likes our Z more than enough and I bet its not just the 350/370 in the lineup that does it for us. I'm personally a massive fan of the 240z shape and would love to own one. 

Could care less about the power anymore. Pretty sure I've heard plenty of the forums about it being all about mastering driving, not slamming a single pedal in a straight line drive. Driven plenty of friends cars that are remapped and on a PCP. 

The beauty of the Z legacy is how much the aftermarket caters for us, for being able to slam it, stance it, drift it or race it. Nissan have done it plenty of times, only have to look at the Skyline/GTR segment. Granted the world has changed and after the recent era of high class German engineering, all the Tech companies are having a bash. 

But when all is said and done, I want something JDM and is a continuation of a legacy. I still tip my hat to everyone who continuously posted the rumours and I will tip my hat to anyone who buys it new (means I'll have something to keep an eye out for in the used market) 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ekona said:

At least one person has said exactly that, scarily enough!

I’m interested in a new Zed, but it doesn’t excite me from what I’ve heard and seen so far and how the car industry has evolved in recent times. The recent MX5 facelift/power hike and the 4.0L engine in a standard 718 have been about as exciting as it’s gotten for me, pure cars with more power :) 

Aye, but Dan, that’s one, there was, what felt like an overwhelming majority, in these threads, that rubbished the idea of a new Z.

What you’ve ‘heard’ and what you’ve ‘seen’, could be miles away from the finished product.  

We’ll find out in time, but the naysayers have been a bit sheepish of late, similar to the breshiteers that argued for that position, but could not give a particular reason why and, most of the ardent ones disappeared.

I suppose that, at the end of the day, when it does arrive, it’ll speak for itself, good or bad but it’ll exist ;)

Edited by The G Man
  • Like 1

Any new performance car should be welcomed, but I just want one to be fresh and decent rather than a rehash. Like I said before, I want it to be brilliant, but Nissan seem to struggle giving us much hope on that front of late. 

I’m sure I said it’ll never happen, so if you want me to admit I was wrong I’m happy to do so. No problem at all with that, but I won’t get too excited until it’s here. I think that’s probably the same feeling for most of the naysayers too: No one here hates the Zed at all, we’re all fans (I’d still love a 370ZN mk2!), we’re only asking for a decent product at the end :) 

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Any new performance car should be welcomed, but I just want one to be fresh and decent rather than a rehash. Like I said before, I want it to be brilliant, but Nissan seem to struggle giving us much hope on that front of late. 

I’m sure I said it’ll never happen, so if you want me to admit I was wrong I’m happy to do so. No problem at all with that, but I won’t get too excited until it’s here. I think that’s probably the same feeling for most of the naysayers too: No one here hates the Zed at all, we’re all fans (I’d still love a 370ZN mk2!), we’re only asking for a decent product at the end :) 

No, no Dan, that’s not my point that you were wrong.  I find it strange that you desire a Mk2 when it is no different, power wise, suspension wise and was not offered in bi transmission form from the Mk1.

I remember you saying that the Mk1 was hardly a ‘fire breathing variant of the 370’ which is correct :thumbs:, however apart from a few cosmetic changes, the Mk2 is no different, re power, engine, transmission, stance, difference (the same engine) from the Mk1.

There have even been ‘professional vendors’ on here that have rubbished the Mk1.  Not sure how many times you got under a Mk1 as a comparison to a stock 370 GT, or in fact a comparison of a Mk2 to a Mk1 ( there’s no difference btw).  They both had a wider wheelbase, both had completely different suspension components, both had a slight increase in power, they shared the same steering, the same suspension and the exact same engine, I can quote from Nissans quoted figures if required.

A different set of wheels, a different set of seats was, as you’ve put it ‘a rehash’ of what was already there.

Now the new Z, will definitely not be a ‘rehash’, it’ll be different, as much as the Toyota Supra now, is different from the ‘classic’ supra, whether you or anyone likes it is not applicable, the new generation of owners will decide.

I’m fine with you being wrong, jeezo, I’m wrong most of the time, but the blind ‘wrongness’ is, well, just wrong :lol:

• Like 1

My point was I don’t hate all Zeds after the 350, rather than differentiating between the minutiae of the various models. And the mk1 is just fugly compared to the mk2, that’s my beef with that :p :lol: 

If the Z35 is indeed the same chassis as the Z34, as it looks like it is, then I’m gutted. That’s a ten year old car, not a new chassis like the Supra is even if it’s a BMW underneath. I want new Z cars to push boundaries and give prospective owners a budget car that keeps up with the competition, not merely plods along and is happy with selling a few hundred auto boxed cars in the States. Basically, I want a Zed that does for Nissan what the Mustang did for Ford five years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Ekona said:

My point was I don’t hate all Zeds after the 350, rather than differentiating between the minutiae of the various models. And the mk1 is just fugly compared to the mk2, that’s my beef with that :p :lol: 

If the Z35 is indeed the same chassis as the Z34, as it looks like it is, then I’m gutted. That’s a ten year old car, not a new chassis like the Supra is even if it’s a BMW underneath. I want new Z cars to push boundaries and give prospective owners a budget car that keeps up with the competition, not merely plods along and is happy with selling a few hundred auto boxed cars in the States. Basically, I want a Zed that does for Nissan what the Mustang did for Ford five years ago. 

The ‘ minutiae’ as you put it, between the 370 and Mk1 is beyond the pale.  If what you are saying that it’s purely down to looks, then, your previous prevarications are null and void.

It either has to be, totally different, or a dress up,as you’ve now admitted, re Mk1-Mk2.

my point is, you have as much idea as to what the new Z is as the next person, however, you have taken the position that it can’t be as good because you didn’t believe it would happen.  

• Like 3