New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

8 hours ago, Umster said:

Gonna say what we're all thinking. I don't give a flying fubar about the sales and costs and whatever. I just want the next generation of VQ in my life. 

Even if it’s bang average?

19 hours ago, msitpro said:

I'm pretty sure I see more 911s and Caymans than Cayennes, Panameras and Macans. (Modern ones - not counting 996s, 987s etc.)

Maybe regional though

I live in North West London. I see more panameras and macans than Caymans, 911 and Boxsters. SUVs are a lot here. Sports cars are here too but less than SUVs. Im in the city lots of youngsters drive SUVs to carry their mates around. I dont think its limited to families with 2.5 kids 

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Thanks 1

On 25/07/2020 at 09:57, davey_83 said:

Fact is no Japanese sports cars out sell their European rivals, Nissan Toyota are not sports car manufacturers like Porsche and don't need to rely solely on sport car sales. It's no secret that Porsche rely heavily on Cayenne sales to prop up the rest of the range. If you understand the above to be correct, then your concerns aren't nothing to worry over. 

My brother thinks 911 platform is the basis for all Porsche cars? He forgets that Boxster and Cayman outsell the 911. Without those two cars would a 911 exist? Maybe, maybe not. Yes he had the 2015 Carrera NA, 911 Turbo S for a month and the latest 911 Carrera S not many options for a month. 

All I keep hearing is that those cars arent 911. Lol...Seems like a snobbish argument between Porsche fans to be had. Hes very snobbish about Caymans, Boxsters and GT4/GTS when i mentioned i like them as a non porsche fan....saying its not a 911...am I missing something here....or are they different brands lol

Regarding modding....hes 100% not a modder and likes everything standard not even a remap. Maybe the mod scene would view these kinds of car people as bought not built brigade lol...which is essentially what makes up majority of z33/z34 crowd. Even if all they did was add an exhaust or go faster stickers its still built lol

Porsche sales are impressive and im sure they arent content with these numbers either. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

8 hours ago, Ekona said:

Even if it’s bang average?

Especially if its bang average :p still to see a review of the 370z which calls it a decent car. Its always deemed "underwhelming". 

I've got faith in Nissan to make a good value car. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Regarding modding....hes 100% not a modder and likes everything standard not even a remap. (re: brothers  Porsche 911)

No doubt he is one that values the extended warranty that carries on for up to 13 years I believe, providing of course it is not modded; all services done by a Porsche dealer; Porsche approved  'N' rated tyres only used, etc etc.  Something not lost on me and to be honest the Cayman I have has virtually every option on it that matters to make it a pure driving delight. Except..... I do not have the same confidence in the P Zero's (in the wet) as I had with the MPSS on my two previous cars and would love to fit MPS4s that strangely are not 'N' rated by Porsche.  Be glad to un-sorn it this weekend with the lock-in ending and enjoy driving it again! 

Edited by Ebized
  • Haha 1

In terms of sales figures vs production costs, really its a case of getting enough sales that the aftercare/service/parts makes it a viable ongoing business investment. Certainly this car isn't going to be the halo car that gives Nissan kudos. I think its well understood in the car community that if you had the option to buy a 370z or a Cayman/Boxster if you love your Jap cars you buy the 370z if you love the dynamics of driving you get the Porsche (sorry guys, not forgetting where I am posting) - I am certainly in the former camp, I get Porsche and what it brings but cannot buy one as I want something else that is a bit different - round here in SW London there are swathes of Caymans/Boxsters/911s literally see one every 2 or 3 minutes if I walk down to the high street. 

In terms of looking back, the world has made a gravitational shift since the 370z launch not only economically i.e. recession but from a perspective of changes to costs and future government plans around electric, they dont want you in high power petrol engine cars. Comparing back just isn't apples and apples. The Supra is also a red herring, there was massive interest around it as it is a legendary car, unfortunately the z range of the same era doesn't carry that same level of prestige, again apples and apples.

Edited by coldel

19 hours ago, Umster said:

Gonna say what we're all thinking. I don't give a flying fubar about the sales and costs and whatever. I just want the next generation of VQ in my life. 

VR30DETT - can see them being monsters... 700-800whp stock block maybe?

Edit - although would need E85/102 octane + ... Maybe 600whp on UK 98 RON? Hmm

Edited by msitpro

6 minutes ago, coldel said:

On a photo the Alpines look terrible, in reality look better, but still not for me. Rather be in an Evora :teeth:

Indeed. Second hand Evora that is... Around same price as a brand new A110?

But then I've always thought it's a bit mad to buy brand new cars, unless it's pretty rare and you're on a manufacturer's preferred buyer list....

Yeah, wont knock people for buying new cars as thats how I end up getting my used one! But to lose so much in depreciation I will never swallow. I had a new company car once and it was cool to spec it out (2L Scirocco back in 2009 when they first came out)

22 minutes ago, coldel said:

On a photo the Alpines look terrible, in reality look better, but still not for me. Rather be in an Evora :teeth:

Saw them at car shows last year, thought the back looked worse than photos :lol: 

Usually cars grow on you when you see them more on the road but these are so rare that won’t happen 

Saw them back in October 2018 at Goodwood at a prospective owners invitation day.

877ED14C-C863-42EA-A10C-EAC4FA215250_1_105_c.jpeg.b3623010165afd6abc2fe026ffaf2bf8.jpeg

Happened on it by chance and have to say in the flesh they looked very tempting and the power to weight ratio no doubt makes them  a tremendous drive.  Main issue for me is lack of Alpine dedicated dealers anywhere near me and a previous Renault ownership with dreadful build quality still lingers - hopefully unjustified now.  

4 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

He forgets that Boxster and Cayman outsell the 911. 

They really don’t. The 911 sells twice as much as the 718 series put together, in any region. And those sales are about 20% of how many Cayennes and Macans they sell! 

But really who cares about how many cars VAG sell, that’s a massive company who have huge successes across all segments. Nissan have to be way more careful, and if they are delaying the GTR then the new Zed has to be even more important to them as a halo model. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ekona said:

But really who cares about how many cars VAG sell, that’s a massive company who have huge successes across all segments. 

Fun Fact . .  VAG are the most indebted company in the world at $192 Billion in the red (as of 2019)