New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Sorry dont believe it.....:lol:

It will probably be limited orders in the beginning. 

I think we should pull up all the 400Z rumour threads and compile them in one place for entertainment purposes :lol:

Prob be limited colour choices, no roadster and just the single GT trim. I don't think they will bother having a launch edition or do any fanfare like the Supra and that website sign up mallarky lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

Well it had to happen eventually as I speculated previously. I think the rumour mill  threads were fun despite there being a bit of controversy amongst certain members. Let's hope it looks and performs the part. 

:lol:  .....3 years of being torn apart....it was worth it! I did start to doubt towards the end tbh especially with the woeful numbers being sold in EU. Also why would they reregister a trademark for no reason if they didnt want to use it lol.....

I think North America and Japan will be the focus markets. Marketing I doubt. Not even like the Lexus ads. This one is probably just for the enthusiasts tbh. They probably dont expect to sell more than what Alpine is selling worldwide. Hopefully UK customers will be able to order direct as I dont see it coming here in the same way as previous cars. Things can still change as in no car at all so lets see. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Must admit it's a bit of a weird marketing strategy. Usually there would be some teaser image on social media in the week leading up to yesterday similar to how Kia (stinger) , Hyundai (i30 facelift), Ford (Puma MK2) etc

Re foreign markets that's a good point esp since the promo video released excludes the European Juke in the line up and Micra (to be discontinued?)  so one can view this as being targeted to the more global markets. 

Presumably there is no GTR from next year?

Also having watched the video again you can make out the rear lights - it looks like the 240z

Untitled.jpg

With the rear haunches and drooped front nose, it does look a bit Supra'ish. That would not be a good thing IMO. I think the 350 styling is better than the 370, would be good to see a return to that sharper look. But finally, something from Nissan. 

Edited by coldel

9 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

Must admit it's a bit of a weird marketing strategy. Usually there would be some teaser image on social media in the week leading up to yesterday similar to how Kia (stinger) , Hyundai (i30 facelift), Ford (Puma MK2) etc

Re foreign markets that's a good point esp since the promo video released excludes the European Juke in the line up and Micra (to be discontinued?)  so one can view this as being targeted to the more global markets. 

Presumably there is no GTR from next year?

Also having watched the video again you can make out the rear lights - it looks like the 240z

Untitled.jpg

Unless theyve changed their stance the GTR will continue to 2022 according to the chief engineer. It might be cut short due to poor sales. So prices will inflate if that was to happen. There might be an R36 in the works but I dont think anytime soon. GTR50 and 50th anniversary GTRs are the hype atm. Ending production for both current Z and GTR makes sense with the R50 and 50th anniversaries

The rear lights, well thats what a lot of the "insider" information pointed towards as well as the Canada trademark. Going back to the roots. Then the recent article that was more a bio alluding to the original 240.

Maybe they will use the recently trademarked badge for marketing purposes or put it somewhere like the steering wheel and bonnet/boot instead of Nissan that would be a nice touch 

So if this was fully revealed at Geneva/Detroit and ticked the boxes as well as price under £54,000 which seems to be the going rate for the Supra, M2..etc would you get it instead of a GTR or a classic?

Edited by GranTurismoEra

I don’t get why they’d replace the poorly selling 370 that has a ton of competition, and not the better-known GTR that pretty much is in a class of its own? That doesn’t make much sense to me. 

Also people are going to get really aggy if this is just another concept :lol: 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Ekona said:

I don’t get why they’d replace the poorly selling 370 that has a ton of competition, and not the better-known GTR that pretty much is in a class of its own? That doesn’t make much sense to me. 

Also people are going to get really aggy if this is just another concept :lol: 

Maybe they are going to consolidate the two . . GTR running gear and handling, with a Z body :stir:

• Haha 1

It will be interesting to see what the launch colour will be given the retro styling. I think green or orange would be a bit risky despite the retro connotations so it will be in storm white. You never no though. I highly doubt it will be black  .  Would also love to see the size comparison with the 370z

With regard to the 350z vs 370z imo I like the classic lines of the 350z and it not being too fussy. However the 370z has that more muscular, compact look esp around the rear fenders that give it presence much like the M2. There clearly was no Juke when the 350z came out so this may explain the boomerang light crossing over between the Juke and 370z

1 hour ago, ShortPaul said:

Lol and here's another picture of whathttps://www.caranddriver.com/news/a30586109/nissan-z-future-2021/ it could look like

if ever someone designed a car when they were depressed that would be it . . . . proper little sad face on it 

"introducing the all new Nissan Grumpy-Z" :lol:

Edited by DoogyRev
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, DoogyRev said:

if ever someone designed a car when they were depressed that would be it . . . . proper little sad face on it 

"introducing the all new Nissan Grumpy-Z" :lol:

Thats a render you could say is one from a bored art student. Its bad compared to the one I posted lol

Its just a reworked/rerendered Aston Martin 

8 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

It will be interesting to see what the launch colour will be given the retro styling. I think green or orange would be a bit risky despite the retro connotations so it will be in storm white. You never no though. I highly doubt it will be black  .  Would also love to see the size comparison with the 370z

With regard to the 350z vs 370z imo I like the classic lines of the 350z and it not being too fussy. However the 370z has that more muscular, compact look esp around the rear fenders that give it presence much like the M2. There clearly was no Juke when the 350z came out so this may explain the boomerang light crossing over between the Juke and 370z

Some early 70s Zeds came in black. Either that or theyve been resprayed. Orange is a real possibility along with yellow and red.

Do you think they should have a longer version with 2 rear seats? Seeing as this will be their main performance car for a long time

They shouldn’t be launching anything right now, I can’t see this being anything other than a huge sales failure given the likely economy for the next couple of years. Very bad timing, although not their fault at all (well, it kinda is as this should’ve been out years ago, but you know what I mean!). 

Will almost certainly be white, I agree. Although it might be like the Supra and look better in black to hide the awful angles it’ll no doubt come with :lol: 

That teaser video shows cars to be released within the next 18 months. Some cars were missing (Altima, Murano, Juke), meaning they wont be getting a facelift or new model anytime soon. GTR is 100% not getting a new model anytime soon. Not even remotely. Lol

The Z is scheduled to release next year in Japan and North America  around November 2021 as one of the last cars on the 18 month schedule. Europe is still to be determined. 

Lets see if they do what Toyota did bring a limited number. If the price is decent I expect them to continue selling at 140-200 per month in North America. At the moment they sell new 370Z at avg 120-150 per month in US with some discounts. This is inline with Alpine worldwide except North America and they chose to bring out an S. Thats why some sites are deeming it a heavy facelift as opposed to a totally new car. Due to cost of developing a new car.

Could it have released earlier? I read its been in development since September 2018 after just about being okayed by previous CEO Saikawa. Ghosn had rejected proposals in 2016/17 with plan to release in 2019...he wasnt interested but Albaisa along with Nissan USA lobbied with Saikawa, over 7 months in 2018 to bring it back. According to one comment I saw claiming insider information.

They also stated Nissan USA had a meeting with the new CEO Uchida and saw the design concepts. One being an improved center console and infotainment design. Nissan USA want new improved products to step up the brand image which is seen as bargain basement lol. 

New CEO wants to turn things around. So new "Next" models success or failure in the next 18 months are critical to him staying or going.

Albaisa is the main reason another Z is being shown at all. Its highly likely to be produced. 

You cant recover losses without new and refreshed products while scaling back and lowering targets. Hence the Next program. Cars like Altima and Juke have been refreshed recently so aren't included. Qashqai and a few others are, and should get another facelift too.

Good luck to them id say. Lets see if they get repaid for staying post brexit. Will British buy more Nissan and support Sunderland?

Edited by GranTurismoEra