Newbie here - 350z HR

Hi all,

Newbie here - recently bought myself a Nissan 350z HR - had it around 2 months and loving it so far! 

I used the buyers guide and forum to find out what to look out for and it was really helpful :)

Ended up buying from Evo Motors if anyone is familiar with Mark - great service! 
Some pics below - its all pretty stock at the moment and will be largely keeping it that way. 

One purchase i have made is - Bilstein b12 pro kit which i hope will give it a bit better handling and improve damping. 

I also want to have the wheels set more flush with the body. Therefore i had a question regarding spacers.

Iv'e seen alot of people running these on the forums (largely 20m all round). With the new suspension is this sacrilege to then run spacers?

I think longer term ill be looking at some new wheels with ET15 offset as i know this is the better way to go - but obviously costs alot more than chucking some 15mm/20mm spacers on with the standard Rays. 

Be interested to hear your thoughts for those who do use spacers - do you notice and negatives running these and do you think its a worthwhile stop gap until i invest in some new alloys? 

Cheers, Andy 

1s Nissan 350Z HR Grey Black RAYS   65k YC58 XGF.jpg

3s.jpg

4s.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome on board, another great looking Z.

I went for spacers, 20mm Front and 25mm Rear, bought from Tarmac Sports the Japan Racing ones and I have not had any issues. In my opinion makes the Rays sit better, fills the arches more as they looked lost before.

Enjoy.

14 minutes ago, Androlyn said:

Welcome on board, another great looking Z.

I went for spacers, 20mm Front and 25mm Rear, bought from Tarmac Sports the Japan Racing ones and I have not had any issues. In my opinion makes the Rays sit better, fills the arches more as they looked lost before.

Enjoy.

thanks alot, yeah they look a bit lost at the moment too! Thats great to know, will check out Tarmac Sports thanks. 

When I was looking I saw a car for sale with 25mm spacers all round, and it looked great.  So that's what I would do personally.

Think I saw that car for sale when I was looking, was definitely tempting.

14 hours ago, andy james said:

Welcome along Andy. Nice looking motor.

20mm spacers all round are fine for the Rays without compromising the handling.

Thanks alot for the feedback - very helpful! 

Think im going to go for 20mm all round :)

14 minutes ago, Lewis Schwier said:

Welcome, lovely spec! I was also a bit sceptical about spacers but I spoke to a race engineer and he assured me there would be no difference. I went with 20mm all round and have been very happy since. Bought mine from Torqen :thumbs:  

Thanks Lewis - more good stuff to hear! Are you also running an aftermarket suspension out of curiosity? 

:welcome:

"Some pics below - its all pretty stock at the moment and will be largely keeping it that way". 

Aye ...... keep telling yourself that bud :teeth:. Zedititus is highly contagious, best stay off here :D

45 minutes ago, Irn Bru said:

:welcome:

"Some pics below - its all pretty stock at the moment and will be largely keeping it that way". 

Aye ...... keep telling yourself that bud :teeth:. Zedititus is highly contagious, best stay off here :D

:lol::lol: 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 29/05/2020 at 15:37, AndyG350z said:

Im getting my Rays refurbed soon - what recommendations do we have for colour? - im thinking a metallic gun metal or dark bronze, haven't seen many with anything other than the stock silver - thoughts welcome :)

DSC_0016_00001.jpg

Hi Andy, 

What a great looking car! I couldn’t help having a look through some 350z pages as I had a few (rare) spare minutes this morning. I recognised your car.. well the number plate. 

I sold it to Mark and you’re quite right.. what a great guy. I miss that car now; it’s really nice to see it so cared for. I looked after it. My favourite car owned still now. I want another car with a cassette player. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I particularly enjoyed the fact my friend had a non-HR model .. we’d argue about all that for hours. 

All the best to you both :) 

Jon