Front lip colour

StormtrooperZ

Hi guys, looking for opinions from fellow zededs please. Excuse the imagery that I have grabbed off the net. But I have the same lip waiting to go on my zed, and need help deciding on the colour.

I have a pearl white GT Edition, with a couple of gloss black mods on it (wrapped fangs area, rear diffuser area, roof and rear spoiler extension/lip). 

I have 2 options I think, either colour code it to match the pearl white of my zed and make it look like an extension of the front bumper or have it painted gloss black so it looks like the attached pics (albeit glossier) & have it match the rest of the black bits already on the car.

Opinions please? Black, White or bin? 

Thanks!

STZ

s-l1000.jpg

blf-n37009ing-pu__3-1.jpg

Pretty unanimous then! I just thought the black would eat up too much of the front wing (side profile). But I guess that's the point! I'll gloss black the wing mirrors too I reckon to tie it all together.

Cheers guys!

Edited by StormtrooperZ
  • Like 1

White for me. It rises from the sides so makes your car look higher and less aggressive in profile, the opposite of what a lip should do

Have you got pics of your own car?

if you’ve blacked out the fangs then why not keep that central recess black and go white on the rest?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LRF4N said:

White for me. It rises from the sides so makes your car look higher and less aggressive in profile, the opposite of what a lip should do

Have you got pics of your own car?

if you’ve blacked out the fangs then why not keep that central recess black and go white on the rest?

I agree with that

• Like 1

If you have white side skirts the front would look a lot higher than the rest of the car in profile 

Dont get me wrong it can work in black/carbon but on the right car with the right colour/mods 

This 350z lip with the middle bit black looks spot on

E8BC844A-92C8-44FB-B365-3F76D2967969.jpeg

• Like 1

That's exactly my concern. Black will make the car look higher in side profile due to how big the sides of the lip are.  My zeds got stock side skirts, no side steps or anything. I want it to look low upfront and high at the back basically.

I'm leaning towards painting it body colour to begin with, that way I could always wrap it if I don't like it! :thumbs:

Why don't you plasti dip paint it first in white and if you don't like it just peel it off and plasti dip it black. Plasti dip is great for experimenting. Once you are happy then PAINT it.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Payco said:

Why don't you plasti dip paint it first in white and if you don't like it just peel it off and plasti dip it black. Plasti dip is great for experimenting. Once you are happy then PAINT it.

Now that's an idea. Thanks Payco! The splitter is already matte black plastic, so should get a good idea how it'll look once I mock fit it. But the white plastidip is genius! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LRF4N said:

If you have white side skirts the front would look a lot higher than the rest of the car in profile 

Dont get me wrong it can work in black/carbon but on the right car with the right colour/mods 

This 350z lip with the middle bit black looks spot on

E8BC844A-92C8-44FB-B365-3F76D2967969.jpeg

Doesn't quite hit the spot for me that one - the black grille is a little large on the bottom side - the lip needs to have a hard white line IMO:

image.png.0751aaa26d19a9173ee9a4e14da6cc44.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right then. Got the splitter back from the body shop. Straight off, the colours not a perfect match :(. I won't know how "off" it is until I fit it. Just waiting for some decent weather to have a proper look at it against the car.

Any suggestions/advice on putting this on? I'm considering 3m tape and screws underneath. So it's easier to clean up if/when I decide to take it back off etc. Or do I go all in with tigerseal or sikaflex? :bounce:

IMG_20200611_194428.jpg