Juke Gen 2

hmale4yu

It's a cliché often used but it comes together in the flesh and I'm starting to like the styling. 2 main reasons why I'm posting this:

1. Intrigued to see when the Nismo version comes out what it looks like. Perhaps if Nissan went all out and turn it into a full hot hatch then it could appease those waiting for a new Z car at least in the interim ?  Perhaps get the old A45 engine since they have worked with Benz with Infiniti and the Q30

2. Given that Gen 1 was stylistically cued with the 370z, I wouldn't object to seeing a similar front end on a new Z car. See the photos taken today, once the main circular foglight is removed I think it looks distinctive enough and incorporates the new V motion grille Nissan are going for. I know this front end would go against the recent retro rumours that have been floating around the net

IMG_20200518_152945.jpg

Edited by hmale4yu

Also,

1. People will have to accept that Nismo is a trim designation these days, ergo a Nismo version of this Vauxhall will merely be the exact same thing with some red paint splashed across the front end. It's highly unlikley to get a different engine but, even if it does, it certainly won't get an interesting one. And,

2. Any new Z won't be styled after this. This will be long since retired before there's a new Z. ;)

Edited by ilogikal1

New juke is a huge improvement over the old one (wasn’t that hard though)

There’s one thing that hasn’t changed, I still can’t interpret the front end. Is it round eyes with weird eyebrows or long narrow eyes with weird round things beneath them :lol: 

I saw a white one on the road when in my ZED and he was right on my tail. 

Nissan wont bother making any further trims or using a more powerful engine. They are cutting operations and closing factory in Spain to move to UK. They got large wheels on a 1 liter car. The interior is much improved and the exterior is better than 1st gen. Nissan wont be bothering with a Hot hatch. An AMG 45 engine in a Nissan. Not sure...X class is ceasing production soon. 

Theyve reduced output and set lower targets in order to recover financial losses.

Basically if we ever want to see an R36 or 400Z etc they need you lot buying Jukes, Frontiers, Navaras, Qashqais, Micras, Versas the lot. They need to sell 5 million vehicles worldwide annually.

With the introduction of the Ariya Electric SUV theyre hoping people will have a renewed interest in the brand.

Theyve sold a few of these Jukes but its still relatively new so itll take a while before they start becoming common. Problem is that previous gen was 10-15k near new...this gen is a bit more. Wish the interior center console was more integrated 

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

I saw a white one on the road when in my ZED and he was right on my tail. 

Nissan wont bother making any further trims or using a more powerful engine. They are cutting operations and closing factory in Spain to move to UK. They got large wheels on a 1 liter car. The interior is much improved and the exterior is better than 1st gen. Nissan wont be bothering with a Hot hatch. An AMG 45 engine in a Nissan. Not sure...X class is ceasing production soon. 

Theyve reduced output and set lower targets in order to recover financial losses.

Basically if we ever want to see an R36 or 400Z etc they need you lot buying Jukes, Frontiers, Navaras, Qashqais, Micras, Versas the lot. They need to sell 5 million vehicles worldwide annually.

With the introduction of the Ariya Electric SUV theyre hoping people will have a renewed interest in the brand.

Theyve sold a few of these Jukes but its still relatively new so itll take a while before they start becoming common. Problem is that previous gen was 10-15k near new...this gen is a bit more. Wish the interior center console was more integrated 

Yes its a shame really. Worth mentioning that there are plenty of alternatives now that the Juke Gen 2 has to compete with against like the Kona, Puma (?), Im not too clued up about this segment tbh. Just read this on sky.com that supports what  you're saying 

https://news.sky.com/story/nissan-uk-plant-could-become-suv-hub-report-11990617

The plan would see the Japanese giant's European arm focus on sports utility and commercial vehicles, as well as more effective sharing and products and investments with its partner Renault, sources told Reuters.It is part of a three-year global turnaround plan to be unveiled on 28 May, ...Nissan has been searching for direction since the arrest of long-standing boss Carlos Ghosn in November 2018 on charges of financial misconduct - which he denies.The devastating impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the car industry has added to pressure on the company to come up with a new strategy.

Just a shame as I can just picture the gen 2 being lowered, Nismo bodykitted and with Merc engine . I think it would look the part esp as the rear doors are concealed - def more sporty from the side then the GLA45

I think the nearest performance coupe is the Infiniti Q60 now discontinued. Mysteriously the offifical branches like Reading are no longer listing these on autotrader.Noticed this a month back. The 3.0s have just vanished it seems and they had a few low mileage ones 

Edited by hmale4yu

i just assumed the Q60s were all bought up but you're right there are less for sale now. 

I think it will be tough for them but focussing on Electrifying the whole Infiniti Range, having an SUV thats fully electric (ariya) in addition to the Leaf and introducing an electric or hybrid Juke may be the way forward for them.  While the idea of a leaf coupe similar to the cancelled Honda E coupe concept shouldn't be ruled out its a case of whos buying. 25,000 people registered interest in the Honda E in UK. Many of them probably wont buy it in the end due to the range and cost.

Also youngsters are looking for an alternative to the Teslas while some are buying model 3 anyway.

Nissan used to be the guy "Offering an alternative for cheaper"

It worked in the 70s 80s 90s. Selling exclusive models for millions doesn't make you a prestigious brand. Focussing on what can make you a big name will. But before they get there they need to offer great alternatives are competitive prices.

There are articles stating the end of Z and GTR in Europe due to cut backs. I could have written that 2 years ago as the numbers were never great in EU. With Ghosn gone. The new probation bound CEO needs to get sales up. Focussing on Asia, Africa, Middle East markets may be the saving grace. US and EU are tough nuts due to many better alternatives with superior after sales service..

Edited by GranTurismoEra

2 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

i just assumed the Q60s were all bought up but you're right there are less for sale now. 

I think it will be tough for them but focussing on Electrifying the whole Infiniti Range, having an SUV thats fully electric (ariya) in addition to the Leaf and introducing an electric or hybrid Juke may be the way forward for them.  While the idea of a leaf coupe similar to the cancelled Honda E coupe concept shouldn't be ruled out its a case of whos buying. 25,000 people registered interest in the Honda E in UK. Many of them probably wont buy it in the end due to the range and cost.

Also youngsters are looking for an alternative to the Teslas while some are buying model 3 anyway.

Nissan used to be the guy "Offering an alternative for cheaper"

It worked in the 70s 80s 90s. Selling exclusive models for millions doesn't make you a prestigious brand. Focussing on what can make you a big name will. But before they get there they need to offer great alternatives are competitive prices.

There are articles stating the end of Z and GTR in Europe due to cut backs. I could have written that 2 years ago as the numbers were never great in EU. With Ghosn gone. The new probation bound CEO needs to get sales up. Focussing on Asia, Africa, Middle East markets may be the saving grace. US and EU are tough nuts due to many better alternatives with superior after sales service..

Yes whoever replacing Ghosn will want to be seen as making an impact esp with pandemic. I've heard Nissan's sale vision is 33% US Sales, 33% Chinese and 33% rest of the world.

They might abruptly scrap the 370z like when they wound down infiniti here and stopped the 370z Roadster. In the US any scaling back of product range will have to be done more delicately since they want to remain a strong presence there. 

There is a rumour that once the Z/GTR are officially terminated later this month, it will pave the way for the new gens being brought to market a couple of years down the line. Let's see how Nissan make the announcement and their tone. Another casualty looks to be the Alpine A10. A lot of niche models I find hard to see them coming back when the niche slice of the pie will become even harder to fight more in the coming years

The Alpine hasnt done too badly. First year was around 1600 cars.

I was telling the sales guy he was suprised how I know so much lol. Friendly guy from France. Asked me if I wanted to test the Alpine S. I said when I get my money up sure. I like that car. One for the future maybe.

I dont think theyre stopping anytime soon. Renault plan to expand Alpine to Australia and Japan if they haven't already. 

The 370 roadster was a mistake allowed to carry on for 7 years after 2012. The production of the Z and GTR should have ended with 50th anniversary cars 

After they terminate both Z and GTR models it will drive used prices back up. They will then focus on their bread and butter which is family oriented SUV and Electric vehicles. I would say 5 years is a good time to get their house in order for any relaunch of their performance vehicles.

But the chief engineer said over a year ago that they wanted to continue GTR till 2022. I actually posted that on my Instagram and Albaisa liked the post. It was more the picture than agreeing with any statement. That 2022 date may change to literally this year or beyond 2022 because these guys are somewhat mad. They just arent selling amazingly well and I can see why ending it will be a good move. 50 GTR a month in EU and 150 Zs in US. I expect the Z to be cut first in EU. Its still selling ok in US for what it is

Z and GTR sales increase by a peep squeak when there is a facelift. Not enough to justify continued production lol

I cant see them going 5 years with no GTR or Z in their line up. Things have changed a lot so it shouldn't be a shock if that were the case.

Edited by GranTurismoEra