Mines style front splitter, grams styling

nozb2k

Has anybody fitted one of these front splitters before from grams styling. Got round to test fitting mine today and the fitment is awful, very tight to get on, middle bit fouls on the grill and so many gaps as it doesn't seem to match the bumper at all. I'll post some pics shortly.

First question would be is have you got the right one for your bumper, pre-facelift or facelift? Just in case that's the problem with it's fitment.

However, although I haven't had any personal experience with any Grams Styling products, I've only ever heard bad reports about quality and fitment so that's the more likely reason as to why it doesn't fit, poor quality control their end.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought the exact same lip and I’ve found the fitment to be poor too. Quite a big gap on both sides different places, I trimmed the middle section down fairly easily and am planning on using some sealant to fill the gaps and the whole way a long to get an even look. Hoping it’ll turn out alright and may brush paint the sealant to match the bumper and lip. 

Edited by Lewis2298

Sorry to hear your having the same experience. I've bought myself a dremel and plan to cut the middle bit down to help the fitment. I even managed to scratch my bumper a few times test fitting. Hoping this comes out when I do a full compound and polish on the weekend.

Really expected more from the lip, but re-examining the photos they use on their website, you can tell the fitment is crap and they have blurred the bad bits with photoshop.

Here's a few photos from my test fit, (excuse the dirt :D ).CmgktdH.jpg

daq4Ezf.jpg

7DD40uM.jpg

@Lewis2298 You haven't seen a proper photo of mine, the gaps bad enough but the sun was coming down to strong yesterday so I thought screw it, the tigerseal is going on and I'm finishing up/

Yours looks great though, is that a matt finish instead of the gloss?