370z B Pillar OEM replacement full carbon trims

W8BGS

Hi, 

As per this post I am getting my OEM part skinned. I mentioned to them today that my OEM part has broken clips and he said he could make a mold of the part and make a full carbon replacement with the 3 clips. He said it would take a bit of time etc to do it and for me the cost of the skinning is the maximum I would pay for a B-pillar.

If anyone is interested in a pair of full carbon replacements you would need to supply your OEM part for him to make the mold. He said he will offer a discounted carbon replacement in return. He has said he could do them for £300, could maybe do £250 in a group buy, but that would require 10 sets being committed to. He is looking at the G2 Carbon full replacements at $450 as a comparable item. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll put you in contact with him. 

I will post pics of my skinned part when I get it back so it gives people an idea of his work. 

Edited by W8BGS
Pricing

• 3 weeks later...

Update***

Received these photos today, my skinned B-pillars have been finished and are being posted to me tomorrow. They look great in these pictures, I can't wait to get them fitted. So glad I didn't go for the covers again. 

IMG_20200604_214522_855.jpg

IMG_20200604_214519_823.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Here are the skinned parts fitted to my Zed. The quality is great. He is looking at doing an initial group buy of 5 people for the full carbon replacements, he is also looking at joining this site to post up details himself. 

IMG_20200628_195651.jpg.b72dcce2d9cc990a21bf00eb7a214bc0.jpgIMG_20200628_194549.jpg.ec5f92064ec06fe4c3821a30ccbe63f4.jpgIMG_20200628_194553.jpg.d2489d647444aa88cab14be4538d6b81.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah agree on the price. I think for a Group Buy he was looking at closer to £250 if people would commit. He is going off of the price of full carbon replacements in the US and trying to remain competitive, but as it is his business also make a bit of money. He is buying a set to scan and make a mold from, bought a 3D printer to print brackets and clips and this is the first thing he is thinking of doing, no interest and he will move to something else.