Austin yellow bmw m4 colour for rims

Oliz370z

I'll go first ...

• Welcome to our club
  • Love the colour of the car
  • Not keen on the stretched tyres
  • Wheels should fill the arches
  • Wheels would look nice in shadow chrome or gloss black with chrome rims

But hey, it's your car so it's great to see another Zed lover :)

• Like 1

On 10/05/2020 at 21:50, Oliz370z said:

What’s your opinion on this new colour done on my 20” ag alloys, got a nice flicker when the sun hits them

E1B7C3AD-86BD-4592-BC00-3C29CC2480C3.jpeg

BFCDD76F-684E-4F71-B30B-7925347E767B.jpeg

795450A8-194B-46FB-BEAB-1E6E394A6BC9.jpeg

F8C1C442-820C-43C4-8B6A-57253DF4C01D.jpeg

I love the colour, my calipers are BMW Austin Yellow and it suits them perfectly, in my opinion they look ok on your wheels, I wouldn't have it, but the colour of the car pulls them off, I think gloss black calipers would look better, but fair play for going for something different. 

IMG_20200428_183431.jpg

• Like 1

:scare: must have the ride comfort of a shopping trolley and those arch gaps!

Tyres aside, I like the colour in isolation but not sure it goes with this particular car. I was sitting on the fence for a while but the more I looked at it the more it didn't quite look right. Still as others have said, your car, as long as you like it thats all that matters.

• Like 1

I quite like the all colours in isolation.

However, those wheels look tiny with that arch gap, both of which is just exaggerated by the colour drawing the eye to them, and also makes the entirely pointless tyre stretch look even more out of place too. As mentioned there's too many colours going on there and none really compliment any of the others, it just doesn't work. That colour could work, but this combination is definitely not for me.

• Sad 1

Just realised that is actually Nino's old zed 

It was on air so the arch gap can be adjusted quite well

Did you just respray them without tacking them apart?

Also if you get bored of those wheels hit me up,I might be interested if I don't purchase anything in the mean time

I’m assuming this is parellos old car? If so is it still on bags? 

Pretty sure he had gold gold wheels which worked well and not a million miles away from what you have

14 hours ago, W8BGS said:

I love the colour, my calipers are BMW Austin Yellow and it suits them perfectly, in my opinion they look ok on your wheels, I wouldn't have it, but the colour of the car pulls them off, I think gloss black calipers would look better, but fair play for going for something different. 

IMG_20200428_183431.jpg

Thanks much appreciated, ye just trying to change things up a bit and like anything else with a car you get bored with something or don’t like it anymore you can always change or upgrade to something different, I should of probably gone black tho on the callipers lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valy said:

Also if you get bored of those wheels hit me up,I might be interested if I don't purchase anything in the mean time

Ye it is I’ve just got it off him but the rims are split rims but needed to be acid dipped ideally but to save costs I got an alloy wheel company to take them off and rub down the old carbon fibre on them as he had them wrapped in a gold vinyl not sprayed or anything so showed up old curb marks underneath so that’s why I’ve had them refurbed and chose the Austin yellow (m4) colour as I do quite like the gold with the purple but I no some are against it on here, and ye it’s still bagged mate

1 hour ago, valy said:

Although looking at how low the car is already, in terms of day to day driving about it cannot be lowered much further so those gaps cannot be closed to the degree I think would make the car look much better IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valy said:

Ye mate it’s bagged and just went down my mates road not the best when your riding low lol! That’s why it looks arched up mite just send a pic in of it slammed to the dec later for everyone to not moan about the arch gap which doesn’t normally look that bad, on another note I  am selling the spoiler with the added lip on it on eBay if anyone’s interested as you have to do a certain amount of posts before I can sell on here :dry: but the rims will be staying with me for a while yet bud 

4 minutes ago, coldel said:

Although looking at how low the car is already, in terms of day to day driving about it cannot be lowered much further so those gaps cannot be closed to the degree I think would make the car look much better IMO

Exactly i no what your saying but on roads that I no I can have it a lot lower I do and when it’s parked up or somewhere like That

2 hours ago, Oliz370z said:

Ye mate it’s bagged and just went down my mates road not the best when your riding low lol! That’s why it looks arched up mite just send a pic in of it slammed to the dec later for everyone to not moan about the arch gap which doesn’t normally look that bad, on another note I  am selling the spoiler with the added lip on it on eBay if anyone’s interested as you have to do a certain amount of posts before I can sell on here :dry: but the rims will be staying with me for a while yet bud 

Can you send me a pic of what you selling please,might be interested