Korean Twisted Microfiber drying towel

davey_83

Just received a Korean Twisted Microfiber drying towel and I'm eager to try it out, but the car's pretty clean. Has anyone got one as I'm interested if you found it more of a pat dry or place and drag towel? Also a general question regarding aftercare, do you tend to hand or machine wash? Air or tumble dry? as I'm keen to avoid it becoming a lint monster. 

1041004946_IMG_20200507_1501440722.jpg.725f4c125b5bf1694992888705135007.jpg

With the caveat that I haven’t used this particular towel, and have actually moved away from towel drying altogether actually, but generally;

Patting is usually conducive to less risk of marring given the soft Nissan paint.

Always use damp (not wet), it’ll be safer as well as more efficient once damp.

After care is always the same; heat kills microfibres so avoid tumble drying, or if you must tumble dry use as low a heat as you can.

Machine wash is fine, again low heat (30 or less wherever possible) and use liquid soaps - never use powders, never use fabric softeners! A drop of white vinegar in the wash keeps them soft and fluffy, or there’s dedicated microfibre wash’s available, many are better than just normal washing soaps but can be pricey. It’s arguable whether they’re better than using white vinegar, personally I prefer using Gyeon Towel Wash (which is great) but others disagree that the price difference is worth it.

• Thanks 1

I still use waffle weave drying towel as thats what i have, work well for dragging or patting method. Dont seem so good for drying where water gathers though. Great otherwise, especially for windows.

Ive been wanting to try the plush drying towels, but i try not to buy something unless its replacing something or i dont have. Otherwise it gets out of control lol.

As mentioned, care as you would other microfibers, Also try using non-bio/ if poss.

@ilogikal1are you using running water and air drying? ceramic coated? 

Edited by ballistic

1 hour ago, ballistic said:

are you using running water and air drying? ceramic coated? 

I have a DI filter for the final rinse, so a bit of all three usually.

Although the Z isn’t currently wearing coating, so I just haven’t washed it in 4 months instead. :lol: