Holiday refunds

valy

18 minutes ago, valy said:

Quick update,after 7 weeks of waiting had a message today from TUI that a payment has been sent and it will be in my account over the coming days although the amount is £200 less then what they owe us...not sure why but fairly happy I finally get the refund

Was £200 paid separately? They tend to do the refunds in the manner and amounts that payments were made so not necessarily the full amount altogether in one lump sum. 

Just now, Wayne370Z said:

Was £200 paid separately? They tend to do the refunds in the manner and amounts that payments were made so not necessarily the full amount altogether in one lump sum. 

DFDS did this with my payments.  Deposit paid first followed by the balance a few days later.  Random and arbitrary amounts of money withheld is utterly unacceptable and should be accompanied by an explanation, so it can be challenged.

They can`t charge you an admin fee for something which they are cancelling. It`d be different if you cancel it before they do.  Only costs you might not get back from Tui is anything which they said wouldn`t be refundable when booked - such as maybe their travel insurance as that is already in effect and so being used from the moment of booking, although, I have seen people saying that that was refunded as well.

13 hours ago, Wayne370Z said:

Yes,the £200 was paid 3 weeks before I paid the rest as this is when I reserved the holiday.I will wait to see what happens next