Delivery men home invasion

Above is a CCTV video clip showing how criminals are forcing their way into houses.

Just a heads up to be cautious.

Double click on bottom left of image for video.

Edited by HEADPHONES

But how do you prevent against that? Apart from never opening the front door you can’t, so whilst it’s scary to watch something like that ultimately there’s nothing to be cautious of. If someone is going to run at your door and barge in, then that’s what they’ll do: Let them grab what they want at that point. 

I saw this in the news and its something which is so easy to do. My wife is ordering stuff from Amazon & Next like crazy during this lockdown, plus local farmers delivering eggs, we have veg deliveries, milkman now, local bakery delivering cream cakes, plus Tesco, Morrison & Iceland. Shes even arranged for an icecream delivery today from the local ice cream man. We literally have 4 or 5 deliveries every single day. Its never been so busy, its absolutely ridiculous. I have CCTV covering every inch of the place but thats not really much use. One thing I have done is make sure the Porsche is locked away out of sight in the garage and that blocked in by 3 other cars as I did hear of people seeing flash cars on drives, breaking in and nicking the keys. My front door is a very expensive solid composite door with anti snap/pick/drill locks but thats no use if you happily open it to welcome the deliveryman/armed robber.

I may have to keep a bat near the door from now on.

17 hours ago, Ekona said:

But how do you prevent against that?

Train a large, rabid, hungry, angry bear to answer your door for you. That'd be a deterrent. 

Also could act as a butler for when not answering the door, so there's no possible downsides really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11543922/horrifying-moment-fake-delivery-drivers/

It's worse than HEADPHONES's post makes it look like. That's just a short video of it. The man who answered the door had his head slashed and his 11 year old boy was shot whilst playing computer games.

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid