My gorgeous Twilight grey - detailing tips?

JammyJayC

Hey guys, here she is from yesterday :blush:

I'd like to ask if anyone here might be able to help with the blemishes on my bonnet and quarter panel. It looks like someone's used touch up paint in the past but it doesn't look great - I'd like to try to smooth and blend it but I don't really know where to start. Also, are all the paint chips on the front bumper beyond some kind of T-cut treatment? 

I want the best for my baby and I'm not shy at giving things a go, but if it needs a bodyshop's touch I'll take it in. 

Thanks for looking :)

20200502_191441.jpg

20200502_191500.jpg

20200503_170513.jpg

20200503_170524.jpg

20200503_170529.jpg

Edited by JammyJayC
Title change

Someone’s had a (poor) go at filling the damage in the fourth picture. That and the stone chips will need paint, there’s no amount of detailing will fix that.

If you’re confident, you can have a bash at it yourself, but if you’re not it’ll be better living with it as is until you can get to a body shop rather than making it worse.

Third picture (assuming you mean the three spots - I’m on my phone so the pictures are a bit small!) looks like someone’s had a better stab at filling chops previously but not quite finished the job.

If they’re standing proud of the surface (and it looks like they are) your need to wet sand level then polish up. However it doesn’t look like a good colour match, so they’ll always stand out. If you’re getting paint anyway it might be an idea to get that panel seen to at the same time.

51 minutes ago, ATTAK Z said:

I see your pride and joy is maintaining social distancing ... two meters away from the house Ha Ha !

Definitely, can't be too careful :p

37 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

Someone’s had a (poor) go at filling the damage in the fourth picture. That and the stone chips will need paint, there’s no amount of detailing will fix that.

If you’re confident, you can have a bash at it yourself, but if you’re not it’ll be better living with it as is until you can get to a body shop rather than making it worse.

Third picture (assuming you mean the three spots - I’m on my phone so the pictures are a bit small!) looks like someone’s had a better stab at filling chops previously but not quite finished the job.

If they’re standing proud of the surface (and it looks like they are) your need to wet sand level then polish up. However it doesn’t look like a good colour match, so they’ll always stand out. If you’re getting paint anyway it might be an idea to get that panel seen to at the same time.

Thanks for your input. Yeah perhaps I should just wait and get it looked at by professionals. "Trust me, I'm an engineer" :lol: