Hankook tyres

xxx180

Hi guys 

I have the chance to purchase a nearly new set of Hankook Ventus v12 evo2 tyres cheap from a friend. They are marked MO ( Mercedes Original ) 

Question 1. Anyone have any experience with running these on a 350 ? 
Question 2. Is the MO an issue or are they the same as standard just stamped for Mercedes benefit ? 

Regards 

Edited by xxx180
Spelling

The MO will be a slightly different compound to a regular one, but not so much as you’d notice. I’ve tried identical tyres in both N-spec (Porsche OE) and non N-spec, and I couldn’t tell any difference whatsoever. 

2 hours ago, Ekona said:

The MO will be a slightly different compound to a regular one, but not so much as you’d notice. I’ve tried identical tyres in both N-spec (Porsche OE) and non N-spec, and I couldn’t tell any difference whatsoever. 

Thanks for the reply Dan. Any thoughts on the tyres please ? I know their not Michelin but my budget won’t stretch  that far. Currently running potenza re50 all round and to be honest I don’t like them personally. Very hard ride and like a shopping trolley in the wet. Fronts need changing but don’t want to mix axles hence I have a chance for 4 nearly new Hankooks.

Any advice much appreciated 

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

They’re decent enough tbh, certainly a solid mid-range option. I’d be happy to run them, put it that way. 

Thanks Dan. If they good enough for you then that’s a thumbs up for me. Appreciate your input.

• Like 1

Got those tyres on my E90 325i - looked at several group tests and where far and away the best value @ ~£68 a tyre for the 225/45/17 runflats I needed.

I'd strongly recommended them. Not going to be quite as good as a Yoko V105, AD08, Michelin Pilot Sport/Super Sport/Cup etc but for the money is a really good tyre by all accounts.

One thing I did notice on mine on the BMW, whether that's due to being runflats... they were INCREDIBLY hard for the first couple of weeks. Checked pressures and they've not dropped but they're good now.

Edited by msitpro