Potential Owner

1 hour ago, Taye370z said:

So its a clean example or i should avoid? 

What was it like in person? 

This is the owners Instagram https://instagram.com/ryan_370z_ I’ve seen it in person, it’s not the best quality build. it’s been up for sale for a very long time. Would you not rather buy a close to standard one and modify it to your own taste?

So are you saying this build is not up to the best quality? Would it be wiser not to buy this one? This is sort of the build i would want to go for but could never afford... maybe not a few bits like the spoiler but a widebody its very JDM. 

I dont have the most knowledge on 370s or this car so if you boys think its wiser for me not to get this then i will listen

27 minutes ago, Taye370z said:

So are you saying this build is not up to the best quality? Would it be wiser not to buy this one? This is sort of the build i would want to go for but could never afford... maybe not a few bits like the spoiler but a widebody its very JDM. 

I dont have the most knowledge on 370s or this car so if you boys think its wiser for me not to get this then i will listen

If you really like it then its worth going to have a look yourself, its only my opinion. I personally wouldn't buy a car thats been modified to that extent as I'm sure a lot of it is irreversible especially if the arches have been cut. Also got to think are you likely to plan to sell in the future at all, if so be prepared to have your money tied up. That car has been for sale close to a year I reckon.

Could be worth sitting tight and waiting for lockdown to lift, there's going to be more cars available in the summer, Spring / Summer seems to be the typical selling time for these cars and as our Spring is knackered, Summer may bring a decent spike in availability.

If the Mazda goes, could get yourself a cheap run about, or if the option is there, borrow a family members car etc 

24 minutes ago, Mikey_S said:

Could be worth sitting tight and waiting for lockdown to lift, there's going to be more cars available in the summer, Spring / Summer seems to be the typical selling time for these cars and as our Spring is knackered, Summer may bring a decent spike in availability.

If the Mazda goes, could get yourself a cheap run about, or if the option is there, borrow a family members car etc 

Although if demand responds similarly the prices will respond accordingly (assuming supply and demand theory holds!)  a flood of people going out there buying cars in the summer will drive prices back up. 

2 hours ago, Lewis Schwier said:

@coldel I think you're right! If you can afford to buy now I think its the best time too. Some of the prices I've seen are absolute steals

I think prices will go one way and i don't think it will be up, i spoke to Ian litchfield reference as in buying a r35, he told me to sit a wait;)

It really depends on the car and how many people are buying, an R35 is not really typical of the market or the type of buyer. If there are suddenly a load of pent up potential car buyers suddenly surging the market for Golfs/Focus/Astras etc. when lockdown is eased up the prices will not go down, any good business will price accordingly and if their stock is flying off the forecourts with buyers to spare they know they are selling too cheap. 

But yes, by all means play the market game, see how far you can hold out for, but don't be surprised if prices don't continue to drop once lockdown eases and people get back into more normal behaviours such as buying cars.

Edited by coldel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

I think prices will go one way and i don't think it will be up, i spoke to Ian litchfield reference as in buying a r35, he told me to sit a wait;)

Lusso Prestige have Litchfields No.1 LM20 car for sale. 15k miles and its up for £69,950. Such a good price for how much car you get!