Tyres for LMGT4’s

Lewis Schwier

20 minutes ago, Lewis Schwier said:

I’m a professional detailer. I live and breathe aesthetics of cars every single day spending hours and hours to achieve the cars ultimate form in looks. 

Making something look as pretty as can be is one thing, one I have a passion for myself actually, but choosing something as vital as tyres on how they look is just vacuous.

34 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

Making something look as pretty as can be is one thing, one I have a passion for myself actually, but choosing something as vital as tyres on how they look is just vacuous.

I get what you're saying, I would never choose budget tyres over high performance because I thought they looked better :lol: But what I'm saying is the Michelin's, Goodyear and Conti's are so closely matched in performance especially for street use, I would use the look of them as a deciding factor of which one I want on my car

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

So if you wanted a people carrier that excels at the job you'd buy one of these regardless of the looks ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ATTAK Z said:

So if you wanted a people carrier that excels at the job you'd buy one of these regardless of the looks ;)

Let's just assume that we all accept that one of those is the best for carrying people, for the purposes of this example....

No, I'd avoid other people specifically not to instead. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Can’t make my mind up on what to do so would appreciate some advice. My front tyres need replacing but the backs I’m not sure. Plenty of tread left but they were manufactured in week 45 of 2012 - they are Conti sports 2 which you can still buy. So option one is to buy conti sports 2’s for the front so I’ve got good tread all around. Will save myself quite a bit of money. Or replace all 4 with Goodyear SS or MPS4s. It seems obvious what the better choice is but would rather save money if I don’t HAVE to buy new tyres all around as the Conti sport 2’s are not a bad tyre after all. 

You might get away with 8 year old tyres over summer but it certainly makes life easier over winter and autumn in the wet to have a new set if you’re planning on using the car then. Ending up in a ditch once is enough for most people. Anyway before I risk sounding preachy, any of the top three makes of UHP tyres and you should be grand. 

As posted above I saved a lot buying the tyres online then just taking them somewhere to be fitted (preferably a trusted garage who won’t destroy the rims!). 

26 minutes ago, Lewis Schwier said:

No cracking on them, car isn’t driven in the winter and never in the wet...

Yup I may have to replace them all, shame as this will knock my build back 

Think of it this way, you’ll be going faster on newer better tyres than you will doing anything else pound for pound :) 

Also why never in the wet? That’s a bit odd, it’s a Nissan not a 1970s Ferrari. 

6 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Think of it this way, you’ll be going faster on newer better tyres than you will doing anything else pound for pound :) 

Also why never in the wet? That’s a bit odd, it’s a Nissan not a 1970s Ferrari. 

Yup, going to replace them all.

Don't enjoy driving in the wet, so if its raining I wouldn't make the conscious decision to go out . Obviously if I get caught out in it, thats different story.

• Thanks 1