VQ35DE Rev Up

DrTroy

Hi does anyone know how you can tell if you have a VQ35DE Rev Up engine instead of the VQ35DE. Have a 2006 06 GT 350Z.

I dont have LED lights etc, and it would seem I have a 06 before they did a version change.

According to http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/What_engine_do_I_have%3F it would suggest I have a Rev Up?

Many thanks in advance..

Non-rev up :)

Hi does anyone know how you can tell if you have a VQ35DE Rev Up engine instead of the VQ35DE. Have a 2006 06 GT 350Z.

I dont have LED lights etc, and it would seem I have a 06 before they did a version change.

According to http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/What_engine_do_I_have%3F it would suggest I have a Rev Up?

Many thanks in advance..

Going on that info i would say that you don't have the rev-up engine. That was first introduced in this country on the GT4, after that they were put in the 2006 cars but these normally had led lights. Its called the rev-up because it revved slightly higher 500 rpm i think and produced 20 bhp more. :thumbs:

Many thanks in advance..

Going on that info i would say that you don't have the rev-up engine. That was first introduced in this country on the GT4, after that they were put in the 2006 cars but these normally had led lights. Its called the rev-up because it revved slightly higher 500 rpm i think and produced 20 bhp more. :thumbs:

Is that the only difference?

So if we could find a way to increase the rev limiter by 500 rpm on a standard VQ35DE engine it would give us the 300bhp the GT4's and MY06 cars have? Everything else is the same?

Many thanks in advance..

Is that the only difference?

So if we could find a way to increase the rev limiter by 500 rpm on a standard VQ35DE engine it would give us the 300bhp the GT4's and MY06 cars have? Everything else is the same?

No that wont work ;)

Rev-up also as Variable inlet and exhaust valve timing and revised pistons ;)

all 350 Zed engines have variable valve timing :thumbs:

Yes but only on the inlet on the 276bhp engine? where it was on the inlet and exhaust on the 296bhp engine, hence the slightly different sound. ;)

Yes but only on the inlet on the 276bhp engine? where it was on the inlet and exhaust on the 296bhp engine, hence the slightly different sound. ;)

I'll let you off on that one :teeth:

I'll let you off on that one :teeth:

Think i am right Tim, read it somewhere :blush: But definate difference in valve timing/ electronics, revised pistons, heads. :thumbs:

Not to mention the extra weight of the mods resulting in a power to weight ratio the same as that of the non Rev Up cars. :)

Don't forget the dodgy alloys that crack off too!

That info is incorrect and off topic ;)

Not to mention the extra weight of the mods resulting in a power to weight ratio the same as that of the non Rev Up cars. :)

hehe, when I was selling my zed I took a 296 version out and it certainly reved and pulled stronger than mine (which was no slouch either), the exhaust timing really helped the revs climb quicker (it felt)

hehe, when I was selling my zed I took a 296 version out and it certainly reved and pulled stronger than mine (which was no slouch either), the exhaust timing really helped the revs climb quicker (it felt)

I know what you mean, they do feel like they should be quicker. But the extra weight (where it comes from I don't know!) negates the real performance imporvement you'd expect. :wacko: