Hel brake lines HELP

Cn12345

Hey guys,

Got some hel braided brake lines installed last year and noticed today after doing some suspension work that the front brake lines have been rubbing on the tyre. Has anyone else had this issue? Is this the correct way it has been routed as it clearly doesn’t work. Pics below.

C3608DCC-C444-4DE5-81BF-77EBF10D4818.jpeg

9AA922C3-FEB5-4FB2-AB07-035F54797EFA.jpeg

B42F894B-F235-4105-989C-12DC823CDD43.jpeg

7731ADB4-C86A-4B48-8CF1-2189713AA4F2.jpeg

Edited by Cn12345

Yeah I think I will replace the fronts then as the rears seem ok. Was looking at getting some goodridge ones for the front but can’t see anywhere to get the hardlines and brackets from as these will need to be added. I’m going to try and get a refund from hel as this is a major safety risk

Thanks Alex, will probably just need the hardlines and brackets for the front. I’m planning on doing a few other bits to the car over the next few days so will let you know if I need anything else :thumbs:

Edited by Cn12345

16 hours ago, Cn12345 said:

. I’m going to try and get a refund from hel as this is a major safety risk

Good luck with that mate. :lol:

Hel may give you a goodwill refund, however it is not a manufacturing issue but a fitment issue I am afraid, so best way forward is to talk to the garage that fitted the lines for you. :thumbs:

On 17/04/2020 at 22:47, ZMANALEX said:

Some fit an extra P clip to eliminate this issue.

We already have 2 fitted, where would you suggest we fit the extra P clip?

We have been speaking to HEL and they are saying that they were asked to redesign the lines like this by someone on the forum 11 years ago. According to HEL they used to supply with the oem union (like the goodridge ones).

Does anyone have a pic of the correct way that these should be installed?

21 minutes ago, harrison140 said:

I was thinking about HEL lines would I be better off buying Goodridge ?

HELL YES, (excuse the pun)

A bit more expensive however well worth it and with no interference issues to boot.

I had similar issue 2 yrs back, rubbing only in one side. I think I have 2 P-clips. It was OK for around 1 year plus before it started rubbing. I got a replacement set when I complained. Guess what, the new set is shorter compared to the 1st set, can't remember exactly by how much, probably around 10-15cm. No issue since fitted new ones + 1 P-clip. If didn't take responsibility and not send another set, I would have moved to Goodridge.