Headlight woes

StormtrooperZ

Hi guys,

Got an issue with my driver side headlight on my 2013 (62) 370z, hoping for some advice from fellow zedders!

The headlight has been a little condensed for a while now, but over the past month or two, it's gotten a lot worse. So bad, my dipped beam has now stopped working.

So, I took the light out, replaced the bulb, ballast and ignitor all at once (the ballast and ignitor were very wet inside and out). I dried the light out and put it back on. 

The headlight initially worked, but only for about 10mins, after which it switched off again. I left it for a day or two, and then tried it again. And again, it turned on for about 10mins and went out again.

Since then, it has not worked again. I've looked at the headlight fuse and that looks fine, so I'm lost to what else to do/check.

Any ideas/advice on what to check/do next? Hoping to avoid having to replace the whole headlight! :S

Thanks,

STZ.

Edited by StormtrooperZ
Doh!

17 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

Did you use OEM parts or aftermarket?

Have you checked the relays.

Is it sidelight/dip beam and main beam that is not working on the L/H headlamp?

Hi Alex, sorry it's the driverside headlight. Didn't realise I had said passenger until I saw your reply! Doh!

It's the dipped and main beam that's not working. Sidelights and indicators work fine. Bulbs are now eBay specials, I've replaced both sides and passenger side is still working fine. Both ignitor and ballast are Matsushita/Panasonic, so OEM parts.

Not checked the relays, will do next and report back. Cheers.