VERY simple yet unusual advice needed...

hmale4yu

A bit of an odd one this. I was washing my 370z Nismo today and whilst cleaning the underside of the bonnet noticed two plastic caps sitting in a small area next to the wiper blades. The car went in for service early Feb and my initial thought was that these were forgotten to be put back

I then looked through the engine bay to find where these caps are meant to be. The most probable location are these two metal pipes pictured (I do not know what part of the engine this is btw but the caps are a perfect fit. The only issue being is that one is q tricky to access as its underneath the other)

Can any 370z owners look at this section in their engine to see if these plastic caps are fastened on or not? Will be hugely appreciated. Tried looking online but its a funny angle and not normally visible in most engine bay shots 

IMG_20200411_162255.jpg

IMG_20200411_162321.jpg

Yep your instincts are right, they're caps for the service ports in the aircon pipes. L for low and H for high (pressure). 

They should just screw back on, only concern is what else did the people who serviced your car forget to put back on. :headhurt:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jack94 said:

Yep your instincts are right, they're caps for the service ports in the aircon pipes. L for low and H for high (pressure). 

They should just screw back on, only concern is what else did the people who serviced your car forget to put back on. :headhurt:

Thanks for this. Yes I paid extra to get the air con service done. Not even sure it was worth it but gave in and paid for it . Any idea which pipe is High and Low? Do you recommend I phone Nissan once lockdown is over regarding this? 

Unless you notice your aircon isn't blowing very cold I wouldn't ever bother with an "air con service" personally. Over the years refrigerant will gradually escape and need topping up but other than that nothing should need any attention. 

No idea which pipe is which because I've never actually looked under the bonnet of a 370z :lol: But they should be different sizes so will only go on one way.

You can try phoning Nissan although I'm not sure they'll care much, maybe just take your car somewhere with more competent mechanics next time ;)

With regards to aircon maintenance, the most important thing is to use it every week or so even in the winter.

This prevents the system drying out, cracking and leaking.

Been doing this the day the zed left the showroom.

15 years on and it still blows cold.

• Like 2

On 11/04/2020 at 23:28, Jack94 said:

Unless you notice your aircon isn't blowing very cold I wouldn't ever bother with an "air con service" personally. Over the years refrigerant will gradually escape and need topping up but other than that nothing should need any attention. 

No idea which pipe is which because I've never actually looked under the bonnet of a 370z :lol: But they should be different sizes so will only go on one way.

You can try phoning Nissan although I'm not sure they'll care much, maybe just take your car somewhere with more competent mechanics next time ;)

I tried both caps on the end pipe that is on top (more accessible) and they both fit  - so if someone on here with a 370z can check on theirs which one goes on which pipe then I can these on mine in the right place accordingly