What subwoofers fit in existing position

Cn12345

Hey guys,

Im looking at completely upgrading the stereo in the 350z. I have recently bought a new pioneer headunit, JL audio c1 rear speakers and JL audio c1 components for the front. I’m looking at getting a new sub as my JL 10” sub annoyingly won’t fit in the existing cubby behind the drivers seat. Do any actually fit perfectly in the cage? 

Thanks

Edited by Cn12345

Been a while since I did mine, but IIRC any 10" sub should fit... However everything I could find at the time would need an enclosure built behind it. Without that, at best it'll sound rubbish, at worst kill the woofer.

What I did in the end was buy an Alpine PWE-S8 "under seat" subwoofer and stuff that in the space behind the driver's seat. Already had a shelf built in there for the main amp, so that wasn't too big a deal.

• 2 years later...
On 03/04/2020 at 10:43, Cn12345 said:

Hey guys,

Im looking at completely upgrading the stereo in the 350z. I have recently bought a new pioneer headunit, JL audio c1 rear speakers and JL audio c1 components for the front. I’m looking at getting a new sub as my JL 10” sub annoyingly won’t fit in the existing cubby behind the drivers seat. Do any actually fit perfectly in the cage? 

Thanks

Hi would be interested to know of you found a solution fir the sub?

3 hours ago, HEADPHONES said:

If I couldn't find a replacement for the original sub and had to go for an enclosure

THIS would be top of my list

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152916011132?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=BEDMR3s5QBK&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=PhsudYkcSr2&var&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I forgot to say mine is a roadster.  So this won't work for me