Ballistic APS Twin Turbo 350Z

ballistic

15 hours ago, HEADPHONES said:

I always make sure I have a supply of Gtechniq C4/C1/C5.

Never been brave enough to do the whole car but do the wheels yearly along with plastic trims and headlights.

Your rims are so glossy I thought for a moment they had diamond cut faces!B)

Thanks, thats what i was going for :thumbs:

I dont have a garage so dont think i can do the paintwork and TBH i dont really want to , i like applying sealants/waxes and enjoying the results. Also as i like to correct scratches etc i would be forever reapplying the ceramic :dry:.

Would probably be worth doing the headlights to protect the clearcoat with C1, the Depo ones may start to peel after a while.

Where on the Z do you tend to use the C4?

Edited by ballistic

4 hours ago, ballistic said:

Where on the Z do you tend to use the C4?

C1/4/5 are all the same so if there is an offer, I'll buy any of the 3.

I occasionally use the C4 on the plastics that the wing mirrors attach to.

Also got it on my headlights after correcting them last week.

Yep, As Headphones says, C1, C4 & C5 are all the same product..GTechniq are open about too; they release it as multiple products because generally people can't cope with the idea that one product can do it all well (jack of all trades, master of none is very much the archetype it's trying to avoid) so release it under products.

1 hour ago, ilogikal1 said:

Yep, As Headphones says, C1, C4 & C5 are all the same product..GTechniq are open about too; they release it as multiple products because generally people can't cope with the idea that one product can do it all well (jack of all trades, master of none is very much the archetype it's trying to avoid) so release it under products.

FB_IMG_1588200109734.jpg

• 1 year later...

No major changes recently. Bought and painted some fiberglass eyelids some months back. I couldn't make my mind up if i wanted to fit them or not, but they turned out nice so thought i would fit em and see how they look. Pretty happy with it, very aggressive.

Some pics of how it stands currently

Ycf8yHQ.jpeg

JOwTCB7.jpg

SEIrkJ6_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

Some other plans for the near future. An additional APS component + remap. And some other bits n bobs.

Edited by ballistic
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, 350Butcher said:

Really nice Z! Awesome wheels! 

any idea what offsets they are? I’m looking to run 9.5” on the front 

I currently have 9.5 +23 on the front of mine and have also run 10.0 +25 . The latter is very close to the upright - probably about 4mm gap, but never hit it.

Ideal would be a 9.5 +30 with a 660mm tall tyre to keep optimal scrub radius. (255/40/18 , 255/35/19) This would give a very small stretch (supposedly good for sidewall stiffness/turn-in) , edge of the wheel will be ideal poke and the tyre will tuck lovely under the arches. Even my Trofeo R 265/35/19 which are actually as wide on the shoulder as a UHP 285 tyre tuck under without issue.

Edited by msitpro

On 16/06/2021 at 18:31, 350Butcher said:

Really nice Z! Awesome wheels! 

any idea what offsets they are? I’m looking to run 9.5” on the front 

I had them a while and have forgotten the offsets TBH, sorry. Though im sure the info is out there, and above should help?

Thanks for the comments guys. :thumbs:

Edited by ballistic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ballistic said:

I had them a while and have forgotten the offsets TBH, sorry. Though im sure the info is out there, and above should help?

Thanks for the comments guys. :thumbs:

+22 ;) 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ballistic said:

Lol i was thinking, shall i msg Ian...

Hows your build going man?, any updates? I was following but i think ive lost it.

it’s long gone unfortunately, wasn’t practical sinking money into it with a toddler to ferry about :lol:

building an R32 GTR from a bare shell at the moment which is a lot mor challenging than a Z :lol:

On 18/06/2021 at 20:19, Ian said:

it’s long gone unfortunately, wasn’t practical sinking money into it with a toddler to ferry about :lol:

building an R32 GTR from a bare shell at the moment which is a lot mor challenging than a Z :lol:

Thats too bad, but priorities and all that i guess. But, havnt you gone from one money sink to another :p

@350Butcher I appreciate the kind words. Thats the intention, although im tempted to fit a spoiler, not sure which style.

2 hours ago, ballistic said:

Thats too bad, but priorities and all that i guess. But, havnt you gone from one money sink to another :p

@350Butcher I appreciate the kind words. Thats the intention, although im tempted to fit a spoiler, not sure which style.

yeah but gone from 2 seats to 4 which means we can go out as a family which keeps the wife happy. Happy wife happy life and all that crap :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Right: Ive had the terrible Bose system since ive owned the car, and being an import its even worse:

1A0Bpcj.jpeg

I dont listen to music much but i did really want a modern solution with good sat nav and intuitive interface. Something that would look modern and well integrated. 

So, out with the Bose

NwmpeGx.jpg

And in with the new

Dodu4ql.jpeg

Its a purpose made kit to install a Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (or a Lenova i believe) into the Zed.

It ticks alot of boxes for me, the functionality and size of the tablet is just so nice compared to other options i considered. The app is designed for the tablet to be used in a car. It allows you to launch and control things easily with custom gestures etc. 

Was a pretty easy install and im very happy with it so far. The kit comes with an amp which has extra USB sockets for anything you might want to add,  DAB dongle, USB cable etc. 

The tablet is easily removable as the silver bezel is held on with strong magnets. Thus you can remove the tablet in a few seconds for security or to use it as a normal tablet if you want. 

The only problem i have, which seems common with head unit upgrades in the Zed, is a low but persistent buzzing noise. Seems to be something to do with the rear amp in the boot, But im not sure what to do to resolve it. 

Anyway let me know what you guys think!

Edited by ballistic
  • Like 5

• ballistic changed the title to Ballistic APS Twin Turbo 350Z