What are these mods?

Osakakev

Hi,

Bought a Fairlady from auction site in Japan and want to make sure all mods are declared.

I've attached pictures of the engine bay and some gauges.

I'm a bit if a car noob to be honest haha but I assume that's an induction kit? Not sure what the blue pipe is but I know it's got an arc radiator and trust oil cooler so not sure if related to that? About the guages, please don't tell me it's turbocharged 

Cheers

Screenshot_2020-03-30-20-21-16.png

Screenshot_2020-03-30-20-21-56.png

Screenshot_2020-03-30-20-21-03.png

From what I can see in the pics aside from what you mentioned:

Suspension strut seem to be different colours, can't remember if this is normal?

Nardi steering wheel

Obvious gauges

Roll cage

Some sort of speed camera detector on the dash

Binnacle looks pretty beaten up so maybe something was on it/moved to another part of the car

Induction looks like a standard ebay jobbie that kick around, most more expensive ones come with heat shields

2 hours ago, Osakakev said:

Cheers.

I've attached another picture (the circle one says auto bal...and starts with vacuum )

Hope it helps

IMG_5964.jpg

The rectangular one will be a lap timer. The circular one a vacuum gauge. Vacuum gauges are often used in engine diagnostics, I assume it is fitted as an early indication of engine problems.

With you being a car noob I am surprised you have bought this car - possibly thrashed to within an inch of its life.

Haha I'm very glad it's not turbocharged! I've been driving a 1.0 Micra for a year so standard 350 is enough!

I've found out the right hand side one is an ecu controller but what would it do? Need to let insurer knows if higher Hp than normal

Cheers

Can you not get a spec from the seller?

It could have literally dozens of mods on it from an insurance perspective that are not visible in a photo. 

I hope it still has the mod cons in it, driving a stripped out track car on the road is no fun in the main.

Hi,

It's not stripped out, interior is normal other than bride seats. Mods I was advised of are;

Weber bodykit

Spoiler

Carbon Fibre Bonnet

Roll Cage

Bride Seats

HKS Suspension

Arc Radiator

Different Exhaust

Nardi Wheel

I don't believe it's a track car but if the rectangle gauge is a lap timer and not a ECU controller then maybe it is

Cheers

Usual other mods for performance would be:

Plenum spacer (a casual observer wouldnt know where to look for this)

Cats? Decatted or sports cats?

ECU remap 

Power wise, these do not make big gains on the max bhp output, on average with supporting mods and a remap circa 15bhp-20bhp extra at the peak point.

As an aside, really interested to see what you have let yourself in for, bought almost blind in auction and shipped over and stepping out a MIcra into a 350z, baby steps not something in your vocab is it OP :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cheers

I'll look out for those other mods (I'll need to Google plenum spacer tho lol). If the rectangle thing is a ECU controller then assume it's been remapped but glad to know it's not too much of a boost!

Haha to be fair I've always had a Mazda MX-5 but sold it to put towards this and Micra was temporary (ended up with it longer than I expected tho). 

Cheers

4 minutes ago, Osakakev said:

Cheers

I'll look out for those other mods (I'll need to Google plenum spacer tho lol). If the rectangle thing is a ECU controller then assume it's been remapped but glad to know it's not too much of a boost!

Haha to be fair I've always had a Mazda MX-5 but sold it to put towards this and Micra was temporary (ended up with it longer than I expected tho). 

Cheers

Pop the engine cover off and look for this bit badly highlighted in blue - it is to all intents and purposes a thick gasket

PS.png.cce51d13518b65053c958b0b54dcecb1.png

You're a brave lad, self acclaimed Zed noob and buy it from a Japanese auction site !! 

Got to beg the question, why not go and view uk ones before bidding, least that way you would have an idea on the mods done on Zeds

Haha I did go and view one in the Uk but never test drove it myself as wasn't properly insured! It was standard and anything modified was hours and hours away from me so never bothered viewing anymore.

My last car was an Mx5 (exc temporary car) and was a Jap import. It was in miles better condition underneath than my UK Mx5 so decided I wanted a fresh Import. I love modified cars (too many trips to Japan) so decided to get the most modified one I could haha