Covid-19 and washing groceries

HEADPHONES

My parents live in London and are both elderly, with one having diabetes.
They have been staying at home for weeks now.
My brothers have been doing the shopping for them and leaving it on the doorstep.
But at first they would simply take it in and then into the fridge/cupboard etc.

Now got them wiping packaging down with Bleach/Milton at the recommended dilutions and treating the bags as contaminated etc.

Just thought I'd share this especially for those with elderly/frail relatives as this is a weak link in the chain so to speak

• Thanks 1

The virus will remain on solid items for up to 72 hours, however clothing or paper or similar items is considered not to be an issue as the virus can not be passed on by these items which includes shopping, mail, newspapers etc. according to the scientists.

However, for peace of mind, perhaps wiping down may help reduce the worry.

Worth noting that the virus is breaking down the whole time over that 72 hours, 36 hours in it will have become much less viralant. Do a quick google there are a few articles explaining the genome and that traces of virus do not mean that it can give you the disease.

Edited by coldel