Who's still working

andybp

2 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Hey George. 

Yeah, Captain for nearly 4 years now. 

Not sure what routes you're working at the moment, but if you get as far as Aberdeen Station let me know (my number hasn't changed in 15 years we've known each other so you may still have it) and I'll walk to over and give you a 750ml bottle of alcohol based sanitiser and a 500ml bottle of Peroxide based sanitiser to keep with you for cab hopping. 

Yer some man Al :thumbs:   I knew from the first bumper you removed from my RX8 that you’d make captain buddy B).  I’ll have a look in a mo for your number, I don’t think mine has changed for that long either!

Sadly, I don’t get to go up as far as Aberdeen but what a fantastic and kind offer, mibees if you can, donate it to a local charity that’s struggling :).

You and your family keep safe mate :thumbs:. (all 36 sets of twins :lol:)

40 minutes ago, andybp said:

Hey Lexx stop bragging about all your sanitiser :lol:

lol

I have 3 boats crews to look after and ensure we have enough supplies. It's causing me a proper headache, but just about keeping on top of it. 

Just had a new boat delivered to my company here yesterday from Turkey and the 6 delivery crew have no means of getting home to Turkey. So I've now got 6 more crew to board, feed, and keep safe. 

This is gonna be a tough week. 

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Just had a new boat delivered to my company here yesterday from Turkey and the 6 delivery crew have no means of getting home to Turkey.

Hi Lexx

Look on the bright side, you can now get some Turkish food :teeth:

H

• Like 1

Hi Al :wave: Hope your doing well?

@Ekona I thought you worked at the Airport? I was an AO for 6 years in a CATA, one of my favourite jobs, some of the guests are hilarious . .  on the flip side some are proper scary/weird, more so when you are only 18 yrs old. Met some.... lets say... "renowned characters" too. 

I currently work for a global security company, we manage devices and provide secure access to corporate resourses for mobile/remote workers, ironically we have never been busier. Been working here for 8 years, 99% remote so nothing much has changed for me work wise.

Stay safe everyone!, especially those who have to venture out!!

• Like 2

@DoogyRev used to, got made redundant in 2017 and have been a PO since early 2018. Yup some of them are seriously odd, also met a few people that everyone on here would’ve heard of too! Love the job though, every bit of it and wouldn’t ever dream of doing anything else. 

If one more person asks me for a toilet roll or vapes though...! :lol:

I'm still going to work. I work for a complex needs home. Basically for people 18+ who have spinal and or brain injuries/diseases, acquired or inherited or born with.

It's basically a step down from a hospital. Way above a normal care home. Been in contact with the NHS to take some of their ill to free up their beds. We are even setup to take ventilated patients.

Have to be very careful, some would die if they caught Covid 19 as they have pretty much no immune system

• Thanks 1

Still here, shipping your parts out :) 

No customers allowed in the premises, the delivery drivers leave parcels by the shutter and pick from there too. No signing required. We're keeping distance and wear gloves which we change several times a day, wash our hands etc.

55 minutes ago, andy james said:

Just the two of us keeping 2m apart building a new bungalow.

Most Builders Merchants are now closed so getting materials is going to be a problem. I recon we have 2/3 weeks worth of gear on site and then on gardening leave.

Same here, although working on my own in an empty house (plasterer).  Managed to get a delivery to site tomorrow to keep me going (although multifinish has disappeared from every single supplier!) for a couple of weeks but after that then it's working on the zed for a while!

• Like 1

Still working! I'm a computer security consultant and we normally work remotely anyway, admittedly we're usually on client sites but not at the minute and work hasn't slowed down whatsoever!

• Like 1

I’m head of an office that deals with complaints about judges. Fortunately, we can work effectively from home. (I thought we’d see a downturn in complaints when people have other things on their mind, but the workload has stayed fairly constant.)  I really feel for all the people whose businesses and incomes are being affected by this situation. 

• Like 1

On 27/03/2020 at 22:35, The G Man said:

I’ve been a soldier and in the past been in Lashkar Gah, Camp Dimond (among many other places) and there was this one time (:teeth:), we were told that 40,000 Taliban were amassing, ready to bring Armageddon down on us, there were a few gulps, but I thought, “I’ve got 240 rounds of 5.56 for my long barrel, 60 rounds of 9mm for my Glock, that should see me through the first 5 minutes, before I bayonet myself”

My hero!!! I had 240 rounds of  5.56 for my SA80 and 9 rounds in my Browning my thoughts for when the hoards came over the hill was  "That's 248 for them and one for me" feck the bayonet I'm not that brave  :lol: 

5 minutes is a bit optomistic an SA80 on full auto including mag changes=  I'm out in 3 mins tops :lol:

Work from home - I have been for the last 10 years :lol: So no change there.

I work in IT Support the work load has doubled apparently someone has to setup all this remote working and get some old laptop that has been laying around the house for years probably with Windows XP setup  for remote access :thumbs:

We are doing 90% remotley but still covering sites for Server outages and major issues, just keep my distance, I have basic PPE and wash my hands a lot.

Obvoiusly site work has dropped off and all installs/upgrades are on hold.

Huge thanks to all the supermarket workers keeping us in food despite all the muppets bulk buying, and hats off to all the NHS / care workers along with the police and prison gaurds still doing what it takes! A sincere thanks from me!!!

Speacial mention to sewage workers cause that's a s**t job :lol:

Sorry @andybp couldn't resist :blush:

Hang in there guys - My thread will be updated soon to give you something other than daytime TV to keep you amused :)

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Keyser said:

My hero!!! I had 240 rounds of  5.56 for my SA80 and 9 rounds in my Browning my thoughts for when the hoards came over the hill was  "That's 248 for them and one for me" feck the bayonet I'm not that brave  :lol: 

5 minutes is a bit optomistic an SA80 on full auto including mag changes=  I'm out in 3 mins tops :lol:

:lol:

5 mins included 8 stoppages and faffing about fixing my bayonet :lol:

On an even brighter note, the best thing aboot still working is I get to drive ma ‘Stang tae work every day B)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The G Man said:

5 mins included 8 stoppages and faffing about fixing my bayonet 

It's only funny cause it is so true :lol:

I just get to look at my toy at the moment :(

Might wash her again, just for fun though :lol:

My personal trainer did two tours of Afghan, Helmand and all that jazz, he is from South Africa and stereotypically bonkers. He used to attach go pro's to his rifle, saw some of the footage of suicide gunmen running at him and shooting and missing by inches, also the amount of times his SA80 jamming and he reverting to firing grenades at the oppo from about 20 metres away. Funny thing is it looks nothing like the movies...I am sure if Rambo was there he would have thrown his jammed gun to the ground, run at the guy, and cut his stomach out with a tree branch :wacko:

In short, bloody scary, cannot imagine I could do any of that soldiering lark, well done chaps. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Keyser said:

Work from home - I have been for the last 10 years :lol: So no change there.

I work in IT Support the work load has doubled apparently someone has to setup all this remote working and get some old laptop that has been laying around the house for years probably with Windows XP setup  for remote access :thumbs:

We are doing 90% remotley but still covering sites for Server outages and major issues, just keep my distance, I have basic PPE and wash my hands a lot.

Obvoiusly site work has dropped off and all installs/upgrades are on hold.

Huge thanks to all the supermarket workers keeping us in food despite all the muppets bulk buying, and hats off to all the NHS / care workers along with the police and prison gaurds still doing what it takes! A sincere thanks from me!!!

Speacial mention to sewage workers cause that's a s**t job :lol:

Sorry @andybp couldn't resist :blush:

Hang in there guys - My thread will be updated soon to give you something other than daytime TV to keep you amused :)

It may be a s**t job @Keyser but that makes us a tight knit lot don't make me speak to some of my fellow poo workers in your neck of the woods and have them deliver an artic load through your letterbox ;)

Wait hang on I withdraw that threat I forgot about the wrath of mrs Keyser

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, andybp said:

It may be a s**t job @Keyser but that makes us a tight knit lot don't make me speak to some of my fellow poo workers in your neck of the woods and have them deliver an artic load through your letterbox ;)

Wait hang on I withdraw that threat I forgot about the wrath of mrs Keyser

It maybe s##t, but to some people it's bread and butter