Washing without a hosepipe?

Buckley

Is this at all possible?

Managed to give my new 370 a quick rinse and wash earlier before i started on nights and cannot get to do it properly for a week now.

However, it took me that long to drag the hosepipe from the back of our house to the front that i wanted to give up half way through!  I love washing the car but it just seemed like such a chore and i was fed up trying to un-kink it and wrap it back up, weather was beaming too so it was drying quick and i didn't want the 'blotch' marks anywhere so felt like i rushed it.

Surely there is another solution?  Something that i can easily transport to the front driveway and give it the first rinse of water before a clean and then to rinse it to remove the bubbles?  Ive got a K4 but it wont stretch that far around our house.

Any ideas?

First time in a long while where i am not looking forward to cleaning the car because of the faff!!

I have been using a Worx Hydroshot for a couple of years now.

You can add a prewash soak with the soap bottle accessory.

Jet rinse.

Do your 2BM wash and then rinse off wheels and body.

I use 2 buckets to rinse if I'm doing wheels as well.

Plus my 2 buckets for the standard 2BM wash.

A single fully charged battery copes with this fine.

So in total I lug out 4 buckets and the Worx to the driveway.

Edited by HEADPHONES
  • Like 1

Another option might be to visit your local BP to use their 'buy time jet wash'. Bring your prewash spray bottle, apply to the vehicle and using £1 worth, jet wash the vehicle off getting into all the arches and door shuts. A vehicle with a decent wax or sealant, most of the road grime will come off - but do work methodically.

Then once home I would then go over the car with something like this, which will safely remove the last bit of dirt left and topping up your coat of wax at the same time. The drive home will have also dried up alot of the water ready for when you get home. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguiars-G3626EU-Ultimate-Waterless-768ml/dp/B006FUT0CS/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=waterless+wash&qid=1585295355&sprefix=waterless+was&sr=8-3

5a0c0ecbd368e_IMG_20171115_0953129702.thumb.jpg.619eea69ada306d431d82defc784f668.jpg

Question, how do you normally wash your car? 

Edited by davey_83

+1 on the Worx Hydroshot, I have one and it does a reasonable job for the snow foam, the little bottle barely has enough in it (400ml) to cover my VX and its isn't as 'snowy' as a plugged in jet washer but still better than nothing. Two bucket wash method, then onwards. Its a bit of a pain not having a hose, but millions of people do it who don't have driveways :thumbs:

If you do use any waterless wash (and ONR is probably the most highly regarded in that area), make sure you have a f**ktonne of microfibre cloths. There are plenty of other things to consider with each product as well, so make sure you're well versed on your product of choice - they can be reasonably safe, but I'd personally prefer to have a dirty car than risk using any waterless wash on a regular basis, personally.

Another option is a longer hose for your K4 from Direct Hoses (and consider a hose reel to store it). Unlike garden hoses, they don't kink, and if it's on a reel it's really not difficult to drag about as needed. Although it does depend on house of course.

Put some ONR and water in a bucket and a bunch of inexpensive microfibers in there too.

Make up a solution of ONR in a spray bottle. Then one panel at a time, first spray on your solution and then just gently wipe (no pressure) with a microfibre from your bucket. If it needs another pass, redip/renew the towel from the bucket. Change towels often so your not dragging dirt across your paintwork.

ONR is well very well lubricated and lifts the dirt of the paint, its pretty safe, and if getting out a jet wash and buckets etc is not possible/inconvenient, Its probably the safest way to go.

Hope its helpful 

+1 on the worx hydroshot. 

It's decent for those who genuinely can't get a pressure washer out to their car. You'll still have to lug a few buckets of water out so consider that. 

I think it's best placed for top up washes, for those who've got access to a pressure washer at a petrol station, a mobile detailer etc. Everyone's situation is different. 

When i first got my K4 i didnt have an outside tap so filled 2x25ltr water containers which just about managed a car. One for the pre wash then one for the final rinse. You have to be fairly quick round the car though but it is more than adequate for a routine wash. It would be no good on a heavy soiled car. For reference, a 25ltr is roughly 2 buckets so it took the equivalent of 4 buckets. 
i got that fed up filling the containers though and dragging them outside i just installed an outside tap. 

As above, really. Standard buckets probably are not an ideal solution either, but still considerably cheaper than buying a Hydroshot, largely unnecessarily given the OP already has a pressure washer (IMO).

You’d be better off with a water butt or tank of some sort, for sure. I’d say probably between 30-50 litres to do a Z sized car, depending on flow rate, how dirty the car is, etc. so it’d go through a standard 12litre bucket reasonably quickly in all honesty.

Personally I would prefer to fill a bucket (or two) a few times than use a waterless wash but then I would also prefer to install a better placed tap and get a longer pressure washer hose to avoid having to move anything about above all else. :lol: