Quick question regarding rear pads and shims

Bam

Quick question guys: sorting the rear brakes out (Brembos) and **** me it's like they've never been changed...the inner pads were basically welded to the discs :lol: anyways. Both inner and outer pads have the stainless clip that fits on the back of the pad, all good.

But all 4 pads also have this metal backing clip as well, and the outer pads have the little spring clip as shown in the photo also - I assume it's a wear indicator? The big shims appear to be bonded on, the stainless ones just fell straight off. Do I need to prise these off and re-use them? I'm using Ferodo DS2500's and there is a little square recess where I could place the little spring (wear indicator?) clip from these old pads. Any thoughts?

IMG_20200326_134501.jpg

4 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

As well as the pins, R clips and the spring plate, all that you require with the DS2500 pads are the anti squeal shims which you will have to purchase separately if you want to fit them.

Ah bugger, ok thanks Alex much appreciated.

I assume the stainless shim is anti squeal? I've ended up building them together with the other shim that was on the original pads now, like so. Think this is acceptable or no?

IMG-20200326-WA0018.jpeg

Yeh I did have to prise them off, cleaned them up and lined them up with the stainless one. Bit of a mish but we'll see how it pans out :wacko:

Oh I didn't realise, I thought they were for fast road use :lol: too late now I guess...at least they'll be easier to come back off if I have any issues :lol:

Thanks for your help mate :teeth: Out of curiosity, where can I buy these shims from? Is it weird that they're not already with the pads and bonded to them?