Toyota GR86 2022

GranTurismoEra

FK8 previous gen Type R those are around 30k or more. They seem to be holding or going up! 8k depends i dont think it will be that much on certain performance cars. It took a while for the first halfords hatchback one to go down even after the saloon landed. 

Multiple windows and incognito trick works wonders. Im sure some ppl gt in like that. Like PS5 all over again 😂

Ford had the right idea with 0% on the Mustang. Not sure that will ever happen again though.

Believe me i used to take the **** out of it too. Then realized each to their own. As id never had the new car experience. Not for everyone though. Borrowing against the mortgage seems to be popular down here. Thats a step far for me though. 

I have a feeling there will be lots of GR86 for sale next year. At 32k from dealers as i cant see regular enthusiast's overpaying. Sure theyll go quick due to finance deals. Maybe one or two youtubers or trust fund kids overpayin privately 

3 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Dude up the road has a grey one, looks really nice. In my opinion much nicer than the old model.

It's prettier but I can't shake the feeling the brake light clusters came out a vauxhall parts bin!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Dude up the road has a grey one, looks really nice. In my opinion much nicer than the old model.

Lol get a scoop for us. Would you give up the Z for one? They sound good with unequal length headers! Subaru esq

obviously down on Torque from 350Z. Around a track probably not much in it being 300kg lighter. Only 36 hp down allegedly. Might be less. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Lol get a scoop for us. Would you give up the Z for one? They sound good with unequal length headers! Subaru esq

obviously down on Torque from 350Z. Around a track probably not much in it being 300kg lighter. Only 36 hp down allegedly. Might be less. 

He's had it a while, I mean 3 or 4 weeks since I noticed it. In front of the C Class is a e92 M3.

Stock for stock I'd expect one of these to beat a 350z, as the old one was the same time round the Top Gear test track back in the days. 

Would I swap a 350z, yeah I would I reckon - meant to drive so nice. Would I swap my 350z, I wouldn't. 

148777904_IMG_20221216_134648431_HDR4.jpg.a50260a9cab90f45b24524138cc7a201.jpg

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/12/2022 at 20:22, GranTurismoEra said:

One here in London. £34,995 GR-Zoo site

IMG_3126.jpg

Why is it better to buy a Ford Mustang on https://abetter.bid/en/car-finder/type-automobiles/make-ford/model-mustang than a Toyota GR86? With the Ford Mustang, you get a car with a long and storied history, produced by a manufacturer with decades of experience in producing quality vehicles. The Mustang is a classic American muscle car that has been around for decades, and its iconic design has been updated over the years to stay modern and relevant. The Mustang is an incredibly reliable and powerful car, with engines ranging from the V6 to the powerful V8 that produces 460 horsepower. The Mustang also offers a variety of packages, from the EcoBoost to the Shelby GT350, to suit a variety of drivers. The Mustang also offers great value for money, with a wide range of models in different price ranges to fit any budget. In contrast, the Toyota GR86 is a newer model, and while it may have some advantages over the Mustang, it does not have the same level of experience and reliability. The GR86 is a two-door, rear-wheel-drive sports car that is powered by a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine. While the GR86 is a good car, it does not offer the same level of performance and features that the Mustang does. Ultimately, the Ford Mustang is a better option than the Toyota GR86, as it offers more features, reliability, and value for money and the prices on A Better Bid are really affordable.

Edited by Joseph Memphis

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Almost put an order in for GR86 but dithered and mist me chance..!! 🙈 lol 

In away Iam glad as I could do with going to a four door / four seater, but there a great car in my opinion almost won the converted Evo COTY...!! 

All so cant see these going down in price anything soon. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got an email from Toyota assuming lots of cancellations and minds changed up the list I went lol

Toyota have raised the configurator price of the GR86 from £29995 for the manual to £32495 and auto £34495 from £32,495

Flipping it would be tricky as theres 10 cars not moving over the last week or 2 lol. Theres no automatics for sale ATM. Black is £0 option and default colour. I cant see much profit here. £36000 on Autotrader was already high. Toyota are smart raising the price. Not many sane ppl will pay over 35k to be 2nd owner on it. 

Apparently 450 cars was the amount of the first batch. Im assuming it will be limited to under 2000 cars by next year when its done. Its also getting canned in Australia by 2025

I dont know if its worth the headache of being stuck with it and cant sell lol

• 1 month later...