Anybody know anything about upgrading the head unit?

Reg97

before you tell me, yes ive seen the guide!

but honestly, it looks god awfully complicated in a Zed and electrics has never been my strong suit anyway. (Missus is a sparky, is that emasculating?)

Did a head unit upgrade on my old corsa, but i wasnt worried about losing screws or snapping clips on that, or messing with grounding points or anything, but i really dont want to hurt my precious new toy.

So... If i was to grab all of the parts in the parts list on the guide, Is there anywhere i can go (Staffordshire based, although i dont mind a drive ;) ) for a fitting?

its a 2007 (HR) with the Bose Stereo (GT)

Alternatively; tell me that the guide and youtube vids look way more complicated than it is! 

cheers lads.

P.s. still not got round to posting up welcome pics of the new motor, needs a proper detailing first, since theres 13 years worth of sub-par washing been going on by the looks. 

Edited by Reg97

https://incartec.co.uk/Nissan/350Z

Go there for your harness & facia adapter, don't forget to select your head unit make so you can have the patch lead to make the steering wheel controls work. In all, it's plug & play apart from remembering to connect up the 2 blue wires for the power aerial & amp switch on.

This may also help if you get stuck, like I did: 

In car tech have closed up shop temporarily mate, ordered a harness in the end, it is an in car tech one, just ordered from elsewhere.

Didn’t come with a fascia though, so I’ve got to wait for that now! 

thanks mate

Im hoping somebody sees this and can help out;

Sony xav-ax1000...

in car tech loom, trying to sort the “blue and white” wire for amp turn on... 

only problem is, the blue and white wire on the HU loom is just a single wire running between the black connectors. (As appears to the split wire shown on the tutorial on these forums)

do I need to split this wire with one end going to the ICT blue and white amp white? And the other end going to where it’s going now... 

hope this makes some sense

5F2FBE6C-A4E2-4457-94DF-ECDE87AFE51D.jpeg

You should have 2 blue wires (I think) on the original car harness, one for the amp turn on & the other is for the power aerial. I connected the amp one up to the amp labelled one (as per your pic), and the other to the power aerial.

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/03/2020 at 17:01, mr v6 said:

You should have 2 blue wires (I think) on the original car harness, one for the amp turn on & the other is for the power aerial. I connected the amp one up to the amp labelled one (as per your pic), and the other to the power aerial.

I’ve only got the one... 99% sure. Unless I’m blind... it’s just a single wire running between the 2 black connectors on the stock harness...

I believe I connected the blue and white bullet on the picture above to the ignition turn on...

im now having battery drain issues cause by the radio and I believe it may be due to this. 

a bit lost here haha

Sorry - bit late.

Pretty sure you needed to connect the blue wire with the white trace to the other blue wire in the car -> ISO loom. IIRC one turns on the amplifier for the radio antenna, and the other is for the speaker amp.

Having said that, ignition live should do more or less the same thing.