CoronaVirus - let's try to be upbeat

ATTAK Z

Good news today it seems in the govt briefing, you are actually allowed to travel around the country to other homes whilst infected with the virus if you have children ;) :lol:  all those single parents that have been getting it wrong for the last 10 weeks or so can rest easy!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Tbh if people weren’t idiots and did what they were told with regards to social distancing and hygiene, we wouldn’t need another lockdown. And tbh, the massive jump seems to have coincided nicely with the universities going back, which I don’t find coincidental. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ekona said:

Tbh if people weren’t idiots and did what they were told with regards to social distancing and hygiene, we wouldn’t need another lockdown. And tbh, the massive jump seems to have coincided nicely with the universities going back, which I don’t find coincidental. 

Weird thing is, it mainly coincided with the genius that is eat out to help out and both schools and universities being open, all of which were avoidable.

AB363888-1862-431C-875B-3EEFDA140A51.jpeg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ekona said:

There were queues everywhere for the EOTHO scheme, you’re right, I’d forgotten about that. It was absolutely bonkers. 

Still, as before absolutely nothing changes for me. Yay. 

Ain’t that the truth. I’ve taken matters into my own judgement, I feel genuinely sorry for people who do what you’re supposed to and trust the official advice, without question.

But the official advice is scientifically backed :wacko:

I won't be in a rush to have the vaccine, it very well might be loaded - being able to turn our bodies into remote pharmaceutical factories with off buttons. The below reads incredibly scary and once you develop the tech, how do you create demand?..... errrr bingo

1914646189_Screenshot_20201031-1839022.png.1850fe999e1fea1b62a76a2c22faf2af.png

Screenshot_20201031-183734.png.6f2e77dc2036e78bed1540be8c8bdff0.png

2040814545_Screenshot_20201031-1837522.png.a61973533e5a51a6293ddae7c210433c.png

Science has been showing for 6-8 weeks we should have had a circuit breaker and hell some places even listened to science. Back in August science told us that the disease was growing again because primarily of in home contact - the rule of 6 is a joke, in one day you could have 50 people pass through your house without breaking any rule and how many of us regularly sanitised our homes? How many people came into physical contact with other people in our homes? Actually the science showed that restaurants etc. were not the drivers of the numbers we see now, it was all driven by in home contact. 

The right decision was restrict home visitation, months ago. A circuit breaker, weeks ago. Everyone predicted a second spike in October way back in June. Yet here we are, not enough doctors, not enough facilities and the same mistakes being made yet again by a bunch of ditherers - national lockdown far too late which means greater economic harm than a shorter earlier one, no exit plan other than crossing fingers hoping for a vaccine, wasted money on test and trace which was identified as flawed from the off but left for months to fail day after day because it was managed by people with no clue and run by a consultancy that saw an open wallet. 

We should be casting an eye across to south east Asia and working out how they have done so well. As an island we should be nailing this, continental Europe has open borders, yet we still perform so badly. 

Stay safe!

• Like 2

FWIW I work on a university campus (but not for the university) and despite these people being 'alledgedly' highly educated, from all over the world, doing masters/PHD's and the like, they may as well be thick as pig ****.

Parties on campus broken up by the police only to be moved somewhere else on campus, no sense of personal space, how to queue or even how to wear masks properly... it's like they just don't care and I have to proverbially bite my lip to the point of bleeding sometimes.  I shall be glad when my contract ends in the coming days and I don't have to deal with such morons anymore!

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...