CoronaVirus - let's try to be upbeat

ATTAK Z

Well to keep me busy during lockdown, I have had an interview with the NHS to help them out with patient transfer and vehicle movements. I just wanted to help out if I could during these troubling times. Also if I get it, it will stop me going stir crazy in the house :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I like this:

Hello Hugh, 
Thank you
for staying at home
People like you are helping to save lives by staying at home. In recognition of this, we’re refunding £110 million to our car and van customers.
With fewer cars on the roads during the UK lockdown, we’re seeing a reduction in the number of claims coming in. We want to give the money we would’ve used to pay these claims back to our loyal customers in this difficult time.
If your car or van is one of the 4.4 million vehicles insured with us on 20 April 2020, you’ll get an automatic £25 refund per vehicle.
You don’t need to contact us or do anything at all at this stage, we’ll be in touch between now and the end of May with more details about the refund.
If you have any questions in the meantime, please take a look at our Stay at Home Refund page which answers questions around the refund.
Championing community efforts
Your refund is part of a wider Coronavirus response. As well as refunding £110m to our customers, we’re supporting the incredible efforts of emergency services and NHS workers staff, the wider community and our staff in the following ways:
tick We’ve made policy changes for NHS and emergency services workers to make their life easier in the event of an accident and keep them on the road
tick A £4 million Admiral Support Fund has been set up to offer funding and support throughout south Wales – our home for the past 27 years
tick Our dedicated staff are all receiving full pay. No staff are being furloughed under the UK Government-funded scheme
Once again, thank you for being an Admiral customer and for everything you’re doing at this unprecedented time.
For now, stay safe and we’ll get back in touch with you in the coming weeks with more information about your refund, you don’t need to do anything.
Thank you, 
Cristina Nestares
  • Like 1

I have waited 18 years to buy my son his first pint. His birthday was last week and the bars are closed so I decided that if we cant go to the bar then the bar will come to him. Managed to recycle some stuff from the garage and created this:

Bar.jpg.f32bbd58e0de8b88003911c7b1492a7a.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

Well a load of plants, compost and other gardening stuff arrived on Monday so I thought I'd better get them into their relevant pots and hanging baskets in the garden today as the weather forecast is good for the next few days.

Every year I give a couple away to the next door neighbour as a thank you for him looking after the small patch of lawn at the front of my house (his lawn is immaculate). He's furloughing at the moment so he's doing lots of stuff that he normally doesn't have time for such as tinkering with and polishing his classic car, which is twenty odd year old Golf R32. However, like many of us, he's been off work for so long that he's run out of things to do.

IDEA - Anyway, I needed my garage to do the potting and pottering so I asked him if I could put the TR6 out of the way on his driveway; but I secretly thought to myself, whilst I'm busy at the back of the house gardening, I bet he can't help himself and gets the polish out.

RESULT - When I return with the hanging baskets and pots, I come back to see a gleaming, newly polished, dark blue TR6.

And the moral of the story is 'It's nice to be nice' and 'it's brilliant to have good neighbours'

Anyhoo, here's a photo I took earlier with my Bugatti Type 55 and a rose:

671444586_RoseandBugatti.jpeg.d2375dc9a5f6168253579d837777555d.jpeg

Edited by ATTAK Z
  • Thanks 1